Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I Won't Watch Draft - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: I Won't Watch Draft (/Thread-I-Won-t-Watch-Draft)

Pages: 1 2

I Won't Watch Draft - kevin - 04-25-2022

The Bengals pick almost last at 31 every round. I fail to see the TV excitement in that. I can go on internet and see who Bengals took. As I've said many decades on here, I would rather the Bengals go to The Super Bowl and pick last than be in last place over the decades with Draft Day as our losing teams big day.

So the Draft will start and I hate the draft and the nonsense that goes with it. Hours of nonsense until Bengals pick around last at end of Day One. They often go to a commercial when Bengals draft. Bengals do NOT need me scouting the draft board. I'll read about whoever they draft later on internet.

With Bengals picking almost last in all rounds, I refuse to hear the draft hype over all the other teams. I only care about Bengals. I like football, but The Draft Show is pretty boring. Many of these picks never pan out and make it big in The NFL. ESPN and NFL Network act like teams just won the Super Bowl because they drafted Joe Blow from Anywhere University.

I have confidence in Super Bowl Bengals making the best picks they can. I don't need to watch or hear all the other teams picking before us at 31.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Nicomo Cosca - 04-25-2022

Thanks, I was really wondering if Kevin from TBB would be watching the draft this year.

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Gdale_Bengal - 04-25-2022

Cool?

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Au165 - 04-25-2022

Weird look at me culture…

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - OSUfan - 04-25-2022

Good deal Kevin enjoy yourself.

As for me I love the game and especially the draft. The draft is an event and I want to see the it when the Bengals decide who the newest member of the franchise will be! To each his own I guess.

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - ElkValleyBengal - 04-25-2022

To me, the draft up to the Bengals pick just builds the drama. You learn pick by pick who they WON'T be getting. After the Bengals do pick the first time, it does put somewhat of a damper on it for me- till they pick again of course.

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Go Cards - 04-25-2022

Will pay attention for sure but won't be glued to the TV until closer to the Bengals pick.

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Bengalpool - 04-25-2022

Damn it! Usually I get a notification every time Kevin gives an update on his personal choices. Sorry I'm late to the party guys!

I would like to let everyone know that I will be watching the draft regardless of which round we are picking in this year. I would go on, but I would hate to take Kev's spotlight.

OKAY

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - ochocincos - 04-25-2022

(04-25-2022, 06:11 PM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals pick almost last at 31 every round.  I fail to see the TV excitement in that.  I can go on internet and see who Bengals took. As I've said many decades on here, I would rather the Bengals go to The Super Bowl and pick last than be in last place over the decades with Draft Day as our losing teams big day.  

So the Draft will start and I hate the draft and the nonsense that goes with it.  Hours of nonsense until Bengals pick around last at end of Day One.  They often go to a commercial when Bengals draft.  Bengals do NOT need me scouting the draft board.  I'll read about whoever they draft later on internet.  

With Bengals picking almost last in all rounds,  I refuse to hear the draft hype over all the other teams.  I only care about Bengals.  I like football, but The Draft Show is pretty boring.  Many of these picks never pan out and make it big in The NFL.  ESPN and NFL Network act like teams just won the Super Bowl because they drafted Joe Blow from Anywhere University.

I have confidence in Super Bowl Bengals making the best picks they can.  I don't need to watch or hear all the other teams picking before us at 31.

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

This definitely deserved its own thread.

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - NUGDUKWE - 04-25-2022

(04-25-2022, 06:11 PM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals pick almost last at 31 every round.  I fail to see the TV excitement in that.  I can go on internet and see who Bengals took. As I've said many decades on here, I would rather the Bengals go to The Super Bowl and pick last than be in last place over the decades with Draft Day as our losing teams big day.  

So the Draft will start and I hate the draft and the nonsense that goes with it.  Hours of nonsense until Bengals pick around last at end of Day One.  They often go to a commercial when Bengals draft.  Bengals do NOT need me scouting the draft board.  I'll read about whoever they draft later on internet.  

With Bengals picking almost last in all rounds,  I refuse to hear the draft hype over all the other teams.  I only care about Bengals.  I like football, but The Draft Show is pretty boring.  Many of these picks never pan out and make it big in The NFL.  ESPN and NFL Network act like teams just won the Super Bowl because they drafted Joe Blow from Anywhere University.

I have confidence in Super Bowl Bengals making the best picks they can.  I don't need to watch or hear all the other teams picking before us at 31.

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

What if the Bengals traded out of the 1st and picked up a couple of extra day 2 picks. Would that change your mind on watching day 2?

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - George Cantstandya - 04-25-2022

I'll watch the draft because I enjoy it. It's fun for me to watch these young men that worked hard to achieve their dreams get picked even if they are not drafted by the Bengals. Even considering later round picks we are talking about players that are in the top percent of all football players. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get to that point.

That said, I hope the Steelers draft poorly and every pick they make this year is a bust. Tongue

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Stewy - 04-25-2022

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - SunsetBengal - 04-26-2022

Weird flex, but okay.. Mellow

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Sled21 - 04-26-2022

(04-25-2022, 09:21 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: To me, the draft up to the Bengals pick just builds the drama.  You learn pick by pick who they WON'T be getting.  After the Bengals do pick the first time, it does put somewhat of a damper on it for me- till they pick again of course.

This is why I try to watch the 1st round, and maybe later rounds if I'm hoping for a particular player. I'll watch the 1st round this year to see who we get, but after that I'll be interested but I'm not really pulling for any particular player to come to Cincy, so it's more just entertainment and to see who the other AFCN teams pick. 

But, to pile on... I heard sponsors were cancelling their commercials because Kevin isn't going to be watching.... LMAO

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Luvnit2 - 04-26-2022

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

I say this with all due respect, my guess is there are 10 billion Chinese people who could care less and maybe more in the US. I hope you enjoy yourself. Not that anyone cares, but I like the draft and will watch all 3 days.  Whatever Whatever

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Dr.Z - 04-26-2022

I take it this didn't go as intended lol.
For solidarity I decided to contribute tho. My family gives me shit over how opposite my approach is @ the draft every year, as in watching each day even when it's in the form of a ticker showing me the pick. I sometimes acknowledge how silly it is at times when the sun is shining outside on a Saturday while I'm following it lol.

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Bengalpool - 04-26-2022

(04-26-2022, 09:07 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Weird flex, but okay..   Mellow

You're just mad because his flex is better than any flex you've ever made. CAPITALS!

(04-25-2022, 10:10 PM)Stewy Wrote: LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!

It's all about Kev, but nice try jerk. KNDJBD

(04-25-2022, 09:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This definitely deserved its own thread.

Look, if you're gonna post in this thread, you gotta use CAPTIALS. The audacity I swear. 

RE: I Won't Watch Draft - Bengalstripes9 - 04-26-2022

I'll probably tune in and out a bit just to see how things are falling in round 1 and 2. I wanna see who the Packers/Vikings pick as well because they are my local teams. But after round 2 I'll definitely lose interest and just watch the after-coverage of who we picked.

(I take it the point of the thread was for people to share their draft plans)