Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What I am Hearing a Day Out - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: What I am Hearing a Day Out (/Thread-What-I-am-Hearing-a-Day-Out)

Pages: 1 2

What I am Hearing a Day Out - Au165 - 04-27-2022

Just figured I'd throw this in here as I talked to a guy who is in a personnel department for an NFL team at lunch today.
  • Did mention the Bengals have had conversations with some teams at top of the 2nd round, but that is normal for teams on the backside of the draft just checking in on potential interest to come up. Doesn't mean it's happening but definitely in play.
  • Potentially 7 WR's going in the 1st round could shake up who is actually there late in the round in a good way for us. It also may come into play for the scenario above as people try to get back up to get the last of a run on them.
  • Kenyon Green's knee is a major concern to some teams, not so much to others, so he could be a weird faller like we saw last year with Tevin Jenkins. In a similar vein, watch for Nakobe Dean and Devin Lloyd to also have some drops around injury concerns.
  • The media narrative right now is that more people want to move back than up, this particular person thinks plenty want to come up into the late top 10 early teens but are keeping it quiet so we could see chaos at that point.
  • QB trades could come into play late Thursday night into Friday during the day (Mayfield, Jimmy G, and Jordan Love). Sounds like some of the teams are waiting to see what happens with Ridder and Pickett specifically.

These were the main things I was told, as always take them for what they are worth 3rd hand knowledge from a guy on a message board.

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - schroomytunes - 04-27-2022

I could see a team like the Jags trying to jump back into the 1st round. They are at 33(2). and would be looking to add offense for trevor lawerence. I think this trade would work:

Bengals trade: #31 and 136(4)

Jags trade: #33 and 106(4)

-we basically probably still get the guy we want at #33, and really move up into the 4th rd by swapping picks. win for both teams.

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - Yogo - 04-27-2022

Wow, good stuff. I am pretty active looking for NFL rumors, but haven't come across these gems. What sources you use?

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - ochocincos - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just figured I'd throw this in here as I talked to a guy who is in a personnel department for an NFL team at lunch today.

• Did mention the Bengals have had conversations with some teams at top of the 2nd round, but that is normal for teams on the backside of the draft just checking in on potential interest to come up. Doesn't mean it's happening but definitely in play.
  • Potentially 7 WR's going in the 1st round could shake up who is actually there late in the round in a good way for us. It also may come into play for the scenario above as people try to get back up to get the last of a run on them.
  • Kenyon Green's knee is a major concern to some teams, not so much to others, so he could be a weird faller like we saw last year with Tevin Jenkins. In a similar vein, watch for Nakobe Dean and Devin Lloyd to also have some drops around injury concerns.
  • The media narrative right now is that more people want to move back than up, this particular person thinks plenty want to come up into the late top 10 early teens but are keeping it quiet so we could see chaos at that point.
  • QB trades could come into play late Thursday night into Friday during the day (Mayfield, Jimmy G, and Jordan Love). Sounds like some of the teams are waiting to see what happens with Ridder and Pickett specifically.

These were the main things I was told, as always take them for what they are worth 3rd hand knowledge from a guy on a message board.

It's in the Bengals' best interest for as many WRs, QBs, and even RBs to go before they pick.

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - ochocincos - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 05:36 PM)Yogo Wrote: Wow, good stuff.  I am pretty active looking for NFL rumors, but haven't come across these gems.  What sources you use?

It's in the first sentence. OP knows a guy in personnel dept for a NFL team and talked with them today.

What I am Hearing a Day Out - BenZoo2 - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 05:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's in the Bengals' best interest for as many WRs, QBs, and even RBs to go before they pick.

Might even be in their better interest to have that last qb on the board before the drop and have a couple teams scramble to get ahead of the lions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - Au165 - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 05:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's in the Bengals' best interest for as many WRs, QBs, and even RBs to go before they pick.

Bryce Hall is a sleeper to end up in the 1st. 

(04-27-2022, 05:36 PM)Yogo Wrote: Wow, good stuff.  I am pretty active looking for NFL rumors, but haven't come across these gems.  What sources you use?

I've known a couple guys in the NFL and NFL media through a weird connection I developed years back. 

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - Speedy Thomas - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just figured I'd throw this in here as I talked to a guy who is in a personnel department for an NFL team at lunch today.

Au, I'm surprised that an NFL personnel guy would take time for lunch with a friend the day before the draft.  But I guess their prep work is done.  

I will watch for Green, Dean and Lloyd.  If they do in fact drop we expect you to pump him for info next year and pass it on to us.

Thanks for sharing.

What I am Hearing a Day Out - BenZoo2 - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 05:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: I've known a couple guys in the NFL and NFL media through a weird connection I developed years back. 

This close to the draft I tend to get more critical of stuff leaking out into the media. I’d expect to start hearing medical concerns and character flaws starting to trickle out over the next 24 hours. Might even see a pic of a gas mask used as some type of bong.

And this is no means a shot at you, this post or your connections. I mean the stuff put out to the masses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(04-27-2022, 05:57 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Au, I'm surprised that an NFL personnel guy would take time for lunch with a friend the day before the draft.  But I guess their prep work is done.  

I will watch for Green, Dean and Lloyd.  If they do in fact drop we expect you to pump him for info next year and pass it on to us.

Thanks for sharing.

Yea, we do virtual lunches that have kind of become a thing since COVID. His job though is basically done as of two days ago. 

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - Speedy Thomas - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 06:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, we do virtual lunches that have kind of become a thing since COVID. His job though is basically done as of two days ago. 

Oh, so you couldn't get him drunk and press him for even more......

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - Bengalpool - 04-27-2022

Thanks for the info!!

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2022

Thanks Au165. Doesn't sound like anything groundbreaking but appreciate it as I only started seeing Kenyon Green falling 
last week when I made my second Mock and took him. Knew nothing about a knee injury which takes him out of my #31 
thoughts now. Also liked the LB's you mentioned especially Lloyd as he seems to have the length to play End.

Bottom line, I think we should trade if none of the top Corners are there and select Zyon McCollum in the 2nd or one of 
the other Corners. I am liking Logan Hall in a trade back as well with his pass rush for a DT being tops in this Draft.

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - psychdoctor - 04-27-2022

I have this feeling that a lot of drunk bengals fans waiting on pick 31 and then watch the Bengals trade down to like 40 to 45. Not that I drink or anything.... Drunk

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - Hammerstripes - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 04:48 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I could see a team like the Jags trying to jump back into the 1st round. They are at 33(2). and would be looking to add offense for trevor lawerence. I think this trade would work:

Bengals trade: #31 and 136(4)

Jags trade: #33 and 106(4)

-we basically probably still get the guy we want at #33, and really move up into the 4th rd by swapping picks. win for both teams.

I'd be shocked if they jumped 1 team, but you never know.

I would think the following teams would be the most likely:

1.  Carolina provided they don't go QB at 6
2.  Seattle provided they don't go QB at 9
3.  Atlanta

I wouldn't want to drop any further than Atlanta unless a first rounder next year was involved.

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - pulses - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 05:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Bryce Hall is a sleeper to end up in the 1st. 
I've heard him to Buffalo a few different times.

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - pulses - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 09:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd be shocked if they jumped 1 team, but you never know.

I would think the following teams would be the most likely:

1.  Carolina provided they don't go QB at 6
2.  Seattle provided they don't go QB at 9
3.  Atlanta

I wouldn't want to drop any further than Atlanta unless a first rounder next year was involved.
Carolina has no 2nd or 3 round picks this year so I doubt we do any deals with them. Seattle would be ideal and so would Atlanta

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - BengalFanInNJ - 04-27-2022

I have a strong feeling that the Bengals won't be making an actual pick tomorrow night.

RE: What I am Hearing a Day Out - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 08:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I have this feeling that a lot of drunk bengals fans waiting on pick 31 and then watch the Bengals trade down to like 40 to 45.  Not that I drink or anything.... Drunk

Same here Psych. Might be the right way to go too. Cheers.Cheers

(04-27-2022, 10:05 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I have a strong feeling that the Bengals won't be making an actual pick tomorrow night.

Wink

Exciting Friday and Saturday to say the least if this is the case. Rock On