Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
We have no depth on offense - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: We have no depth on offense (/Thread-We-have-no-depth-on-offense)

Pages: 1 2 3

We have no depth on offense - Bengalfan4life27c - 04-30-2022

Outside of our 11 starters on offense we are seriously devoid of talent. Allen bottom 5 backup QB. Perine not very good.
Outside of our top 3 receivers a bunch of hot garbage. Our Oline is bottom 5 if 2 were to get injured. This is very troubling to say the least.

RE: We have no depth on offense - reuben.ahmed - 04-30-2022

Allen is good at the coin flip!!!! Most of the time.

RE: We have no depth on offense - bengaloo - 04-30-2022

We have to hope guys like Hill, Smith and Carmen make progress. I would think at least one of them will develop into something. They all have potential but are still unknowns a bit.

RE: We have no depth on offense - Bengalfan4life27c - 04-30-2022

On the flip side defensively we have decent depth at every position group. But banking on 12 players on offense not to get hurt is not something a team competing for the SB should expect or allow too happen

RE: We have no depth on offense - ochocincos - 04-30-2022

(04-30-2022, 09:37 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Outside of our 11 starters on offense we are seriously devoid of talent. Allen bottom 5 backup QB. Perine not very good.
Outside of our top 3 receivers a bunch of  hot garbage. Our Oline is bottom 5 if 2 were to get injured. This is very troubling to say the least.

I think Day 3 is going to go all offense except for maybe one pick.
I'm expecting OL, WR, TE, and a RB/LB.

Bengals can also bring back Spain after the draft, which I think would be wise.

RE: We have no depth on offense - NUGDUKWE - 04-30-2022

We still have some draft left. I would think we'll add a WRITER and a OL before the day is done. Then we have the UDFA's and I expect us to sign a couple guys after the draft and we see what our needs our. It might be a pipe dream but we could still complete the line rebuild if we signed Tretter after the draft.

(04-30-2022, 09:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Day 3 is going to go all offense except for maybe one pick.
I'm expecting OL, WR, TE, and a RB/LB.

Bengals can also bring back Spain after the draft, which I think would be wise.

I'm hoping for a LB before the day is done. I guess your the guy to ask. What LB are you thinking?

RE: We have no depth on offense - THE PISTONS - 04-30-2022

This is how the nfl is. Most teams aren't loaded at backup.

I would like to see us get a better backup rb.

Maybe Rambo at WR to develop.

RE: We have no depth on offense - THE PISTONS - 04-30-2022

(04-30-2022, 09:53 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: We still have some draft left. I would think we'll add a WRITER and a OL before the day is done. Then we have the UDFA's and I expect us to sign a couple guys after the draft and we see what our needs our. It might be a pipe dream but we could still complete the line rebuild if we signed Tretter after the draft.

I'm ok with replacing Hobson. I'll miss his fluff pieces though.

RE: We have no depth on offense - ochocincos - 04-30-2022

(04-30-2022, 09:55 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm hoping for a LB before the day is done. I guess your the guy to ask. What LB are you thinking?

I had Jeremiah Gemmel, LB UNC in my mock in Rd 7, so I guess him lol.
He looks to have the traits that the Bengals covet:
- 2-time team captain (Bengals love that)
- instinctive
- rangy
- Solid college production (38 games - 236 tackles, 20 TFLs, 6.5 sacks, 3 INTs, 9 PDs)

I think he'd be a solid acquisition to replace Evans on the roster and work his way potentially into a starting role

There are other LBs that I think are better than him though (Damone Clark, JoJo Domann specifically), but I think they'll focus the early part of Day 3 on offense.

RE: We have no depth on offense - reuben.ahmed - 04-30-2022

(04-30-2022, 09:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm ok with replacing Hobson. I'll miss his fluff pieces though.

Does Hobson have a child that can take his place? That's how it works sometimes.

RE: We have no depth on offense - SuperBowlBound! - 04-30-2022

(04-30-2022, 09:37 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Outside of our 11 starters on offense we are seriously devoid of talent. Allen bottom 5 backup QB. Perine not very good.
Outside of our top 3 receivers a bunch of  hot garbage. Our Oline is bottom 5 if 2 were to get injured. This is very troubling to say the least.
I disagree with your assessment of the Bengals depth.

D'ante Smith, Isiaih Prince, Hakeem Adenji & Trey Hill all got a full year of experience on a playoff team. That is invaluable and gives us valuable depth on the line going into their second year with the Bengals. I thought Trayveon Williams and Samaje Perine both played well last year.
We are a little thin at Tight End but the season has not started yet.

On defense I think we have a lot of depth.

We will fill in gaps today in Rounds 4-7.

RE: We have no depth on offense - KillerGoose - 04-30-2022

Every team in the NFL is going to struggle with depth. Samaje Perine is a fine running back. I can already see fans really turning on him after he was stuffed in the Super Bowl but he performed well last year, when given a chance. He averaged 5.4 yards per touch in comparison to Mixon's 4.5 He is perfectly fine depth at RB. I also think that many offensive lines would be in deep trouble if two of their best players went out. It just is what it is.

NFL success partly hinges on injury luck. The Bengals were very fortunate with injuries last year and that got them a Super Bowl berth. It is a very rare occurrence that a team can be blasted by injuries and still find championship level success.

I think Perine is better than his bad couple plays to end the Superbowl. I also like Evans and expect him to be a lot more involved especially in the passing game this year.

RE: We have no depth on offense - Au165 - 04-30-2022

Our depth at O line is probably better than most teams, mainly because they almost all have starting reps which isn’t always the case. The truth is a lot of offensive lines in the league aren’t even good which means backups are worse than the worse starters for the most part. We do need a WR and TE still but I wouldn’t worry too much about that as we have plenty of options still.

Chris Evans by the way is the back up at Hb and will be heavily involved I think.

RE: We have no depth on offense - Gdale_Bengal - 04-30-2022

At some point you have to let your guys develop and see if they can be part of the teams success and not be a detriment.

Do need a TE and WR 4 and PR.

RE: We have no depth on offense - Cosmokramer - 04-30-2022

Is round 4 where if available we take Faalele? I know he’s a work in progress. But surely having the mountain on your team can’t hurt especially when NFL coaches get him.

RE: We have no depth on offense - TecmoBengals - 04-30-2022

I'd like Charlie Kolar, TE today.

RE: We have no depth on offense - Bengalpool - 04-30-2022

Spain is still very much an option to come back. 4 more picks for depth remain.

RE: We have no depth on offense - WeezyBengal - 04-30-2022

I'm actually fine with the OL depth. There's some really intriguing pieces on the bench. Smith, Carmen, etc.

I still don't think this team is done in FA. I think after the draft they will sign some veteran depth pieces. That's usually how it goes. I wouldn't worry too much about it until training camp hits.