Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
June Reds game thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: June Reds game thread (/Thread-June-Reds-game-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

June Reds game thread - bengalfan74 - 06-02-2022

Well lets hope they can do some good vs. Wahington.

RE: June Reds game thread - TecmoBengals - 06-02-2022

Is Aquino going to keep starting and will his average fall below .100?

RE: June Reds game thread - bengalfan74 - 06-02-2022

For some reason I can't quote right now Tecmo, but good question ?

It's sad because Aquino is a good on defense has a really good arm. But he just can't hit ML pitching on anything remotely close to a regular basis.

I'm old school and even though it's a bit different today it still holds true for the most part. You set up a ML team with your power hitters on the corners and your speed/defense up the middle. But when you've got RF and 1B giving you basically nothing at the plate it gets very hard to win.

It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel with this team.

RE: June Reds game thread - TecmoBengals - 06-02-2022

I also cannot quote anyone. I assume the forum is having issues.

Ashcraft looking pretty good on the mound.

RE: June Reds game thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 06-02-2022

RE: June Reds game thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 06-02-2022

Ashcraft does indeed look legit. Giving up just a lone solo homer to Josh Bell is pretty impressive. Still has yet to face more than five hitters in an inning . . . Hunter Greene has 10 innings where he has faced more than five hitters. If Greene can get some movement on his fastball, he'd miss more bats.

Warren did well late in the game . . . with an 8-1 lead. Joel Kuhnel may eventually be nudging Santillan out of the closer role. He has a Bulldog mentality.

Hard to believe that was Matt Reynold's first home run in five years. He'll be tossing a few back tonight.

Farmer got his average up to .263. Considering where he was, that's a heck of a climb back up there.

(06-02-2022, 10:44 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Ashcraft does indeed look legit. Giving up just a lone solo homer to Josh Bell is pretty impressive. Still has yet to face more than five hitters in an inning . . . Hunter Greene has 10 innings where he has faced more than five hitters. If Greene can get some movement on his fastball, he'd miss more bats.

Warren did well late in the game . . . with an 8-1 lead. Joel Kuhnel may eventually be nudging Santillan out of the closer role. He has a Bulldog mentality.

Hard to believe that was Matt Reynold's first home run in five years. He'll be tossing a few back tonight.

Farmer got his average up to .263. Considering where he was, that's a heck of a climb back up there.

Yes 1.53 ERA in 3 starts 17 2/3 innings. 

RE: June Reds game thread - bengalfan74 - 06-03-2022

(06-02-2022, 09:46 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:

The whole thing is just like surreal or something ? crazy

RE: June Reds game thread - kevin - 06-03-2022

The Reds are playing better. Mike Minor makes his first start ever for Reds now.

The Reds are 14 games under .500, so I'm watching to see if they can climb to 10 games under. At that point my watch will be on to see if they can climb to 5 games under and then make a move back to ,500 or better. This would take many weeks to do, but there is most of 4 Months left. I would like to see them with a much better record on The 4th of July. I've said before, only 2 teams can play on Halloween, and by that point I don't care. Baseball is a summer game that is nice to see your team playing good ball around the 4th of July. Things are coming together for The Reds to do That. The PITCHING is much better and the Hitting is good enough to Win some games.

When The Bengals are 2 months into season, and I am passing out Halloween candy, I will not be into The World Series. With Fantasy Baseball over, I will be all in on Fantasy Football and will have drafted a couple Fantasy NBA Basketball teams by Halloween. Memorial Day, The 4th of July, THIs is Baseball season. I'm not even following anything football in June. The Reds had an awful April, but payed over .500 ball in May. Castillo is Pitching well, and Hunter Greene and Ashcraft are 2 Top Young Pitchers. Lodolo injuries set him back, but he will be good someday. Mahle has struggled but he has been good in the past. Minor has been good in the past for other teams. THE BULLPEN is getting Real Good, best it's been in a long time. IF YOU HAVE PITCHING, YOU CAN WIN.

RE: June Reds game thread - KillerGoose - 06-03-2022

(06-03-2022, 04:15 AM)kevin Wrote: The Reds are playing better.  Mike Minor makes his first start ever for Reds now.  

The Reds are 14 games under .500, so I'm watching to see if they can climb to 10 games under.  At that point my watch will be on to see if they can climb to 5 games under and then make a move back to ,500 or better.  This would take many weeks to do, but there is most of 4 Months left.  I would like to see them with a much better record on The 4th of July.  I've said before, only 2 teams can play on Halloween, and by that point I don't care.  Baseball is a summer game that is nice to see your team playing good ball around the 4th of July.  Things are coming together for The Reds to do That.  The PITCHING is much better and the Hitting is good enough to Win some games.

When The Bengals are 2 months into season, and I am passing out Halloween candy, I will not be into The World Series. With Fantasy Baseball over, I will be all in on Fantasy Football and will have drafted a couple Fantasy NBA Basketball teams by Halloween.  Memorial Day, The 4th of July, THIs is Baseball season. I'm not even following anything football in June.  The Reds had an awful April, but payed over .500 ball in May.  Castillo is Pitching well, and Hunter Greene and Ashcraft are 2 Top Young Pitchers.  Lodolo injuries set him back, but he will be good someday. Mahle has struggled but he has been good in the past. Minor has been good in the past for other teams.  THE BULLPEN is getting Real Good, best it's been in a long time. IF YOU HAVE PITCHING, YOU CAN WIN.

This post is funnier than it should be lol. "The Reds are 14 under and I am waiting to see if they can get to 10 games under. If they can, maybe they can get to five games under. If they can, then maybe they can get to .500. If they can, maybe they can become a winning team." 

RE: June Reds game thread - cinci4life - 06-03-2022

And Minor is getting rocked.

RE: June Reds game thread - bengalfan74 - 06-04-2022

Almora with a grand slam Reds up 7-3

RE: June Reds game thread - cinci4life - 06-04-2022

Diaz getting roughed up. All of a sudden it's 7-6.

RE: June Reds game thread - bengalfan74 - 06-04-2022

So the bullpen blew it.

RE: June Reds game thread - bengalfan74 - 06-05-2022

Castillo on the mound today. Perhaps we can pull off a split ?

RE: June Reds game thread - cinci4life - 06-05-2022

First off why is Senzel off first base that far. Second with that said Bell never tagged him and he got back safe. Don't know how the replay crew can mess that up so badly.

(06-05-2022, 06:07 PM)cinci4life Wrote: First off why is Senzel off first base that far. Second with that said Bell never tagged him and he got back safe. Don't know how the replay crew can mess that up so badly.

Third: why is he totally oblivious that far off the bag ? 

Losing the series 1-3 to one of the bottom feeders of MLB just proves we're at the bottom of the bottom feeders.

RE: June Reds game thread - fredtoast - 06-05-2022

(06-05-2022, 07:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Losing the series 1-3 to one of the bottom feeders of MLB just proves we're at the bottom of the bottom feeders.

I got kind of excited there when I realized this was not going to be one of the worst teams in MLB history.  But that buzz is wearing off.

It is going to be a long ugly season for the Reds.

(06-05-2022, 08:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I got kind of excited there when I realized this was not going to be one of the worst teams in MLB history.  But that buzz is wearing off.

It is going to be a long ugly season for the Reds.

Yep

They're 1 game away from being 1/3 of the way thru the season and they have 18 W's. I've said it in many threads. If they win 60 games this season they'll be flying.