Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail (/Thread-I-just-realized-Iv-never-seen-Burrow-fail)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - Housh - 09-05-2022

What i mean is individually

I’m sure there’s a game someone will name where he was bad and lost it but from my memory i don’t think Burrow has had a fail like that yet.

That’s so weird.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - TheFan - 09-05-2022

(09-05-2022, 06:10 PM)Housh Wrote: What i mean is individually

I’m sure there’s a game someone will name where he was bad and lost it but from my memory i don’t think Burrow has had a fail like that yet.

That’s so weird.
 What do you consider a fail? He had aome pretty bad plays, especially in the 1st half of the season, that made some games rough. 

The Bears game is the first thing that pops to mind when he had 3 interceptions on 3 straight pass attempts (I don't think all were his fault) but that's a fail that has almost been unheard of.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - Nicomo Cosca - 09-05-2022

Delete this.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - Tony - 09-05-2022

Joe doesn't accept failure. You will see some mistakes, but never a total failure..

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-05-2022

Why would you do this at a time like this?

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - BacknDaDey - 09-05-2022

Chicago last year.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - TheLeonardLeap - 09-05-2022

1. Why the hell would you post this?

2. Bears game just last year he threw 3 INTs on 3 straight passes, giving the Bears 10 points in a game the Bengals lost by 3. There's more in his career, but that is the biggest undisputable one.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - JumboTron - 09-05-2022

I'm generally not superstitious but this thread has bad mojo written all over it.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - Essex Johnson - 09-05-2022

That’s so weird.

Bears game after half was a failure but that would be about it as far as a game. he played poorly against Ravens 1st season.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - Housh - 09-05-2022

(09-05-2022, 07:23 PM)Tony Wrote: Joe doesn't accept failure. You will see some mistakes, but never a total failure..

This is what I’m talking about.

He’s obviously lost and he would likely name the SB as a fail but he played a good game.

I’m talking about he totally shit the bed.

Iv never seen Burrow just shit the bed. Chicago would’ve been one if he didn’t almost bring us back

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - BengalsLUFC - 09-05-2022

Bears game obviously.

I’m also going to say he was poor in the super bowl, made some wrong decisions and bad throws.

It was the OL that cost us ultimately but Burrow was far from the guy he had been the second half of the season.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - Essex Johnson - 09-05-2022

(09-05-2022, 07:42 PM)Housh Wrote: This is what I’m talking about.

He’s obviously lost and he would likely name the SB as a fail but he played a good game.

I’m talking about he totally shit the bed.

Iv never seen Burrow just shit the bed. Chicago would’ve been one if he didn’t almost bring us back

well the term "failure" can mean different things.. i would say the Ravens game was the one game where I thought he was not prepared for that defense and they really took advantage of him being a rookie... the Bears game when you throw three ints in a row that pretty much is failure , yes we scored late but really that was off a pick by Bears with like 4 minutes left to setup of like a 1 and goal.. so i would say Bears game was a failure since we really was better team and lost.. Ravens game was probably more just one of those rookie games against a tough defense.

But seems like a odd thread that we are reflecting on failure.. lets just keep the ride going from end of last season on Offense

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - TheLeonardLeap - 09-05-2022

(09-05-2022, 07:42 PM)Housh Wrote: Iv never seen Burrow just shit the bed. Chicago would’ve been one if he didn’t almost bring us back

If throwing 3 INTs on 3 straight passes including a pick 6 and a short field FG (they started at the 9) to go down 20-3 with 6:40 left in the 4th quarter in a game against a vastly inferior team isn't shitting the bed, then no QB has ever shit the bed. Lol

Hurray the defense giving him a 7 yard field to make garbage time stats.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - Housh - 09-05-2022

That’s a couple for the Chicago game. I mostly agree, still teetering in wether or not i see that as a super. fail.
He ended that one strong but yeah he did definitely throw us out of it

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - TheFan - 09-05-2022

(09-05-2022, 08:20 PM)Housh Wrote: That’s a couple for the Chicago game. I mostly agree, still teetering in wether or not i see that as a super. fail.
He ended that one strong but yeah he did definitely throw us out of it

Again, if that's not a fail then you could put about 10000 other players in the "never failed" category. 

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 09-06-2022

That’s so weird.

Joe even last year has thrown some boneheaded throws straight to the other team. I think the reason is when he does something stupid like that it's usually while he's busting his ass to make a big play or something rather than some guys that just do something dumb as hell for no reason in a position it didn't need to be done. I can't pull any specific plays from memory but he's definitely did 3 or 4 awful plays.

Now in a general sense overall in most games and over the course of a season since LSU he has been very consistently good. I can't think of 1 game where I was like wow he did truly awful. He has bad moments that led to mediocre performances overall by the end, which is pretty great if your worst games are most peoples averageish performance.

Also there's no such thing as bad mojo. Plenty of posts with that kind of potential that are forgotten because nothing happened. This better be one of them though.

Also if Joe's going to start having bad games we will find out this season with our tough schedule.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - fredtoast - 09-06-2022

(09-05-2022, 08:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: Again, if that's not a fail then you could put about 10000 other players in the "never failed" category. 

There is a lot of this around here.  Fans see what they want to see.  And when they can't handle facts they just try to change the definition of words.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - THE PISTONS - 09-06-2022

This thread is kind of crazy. Burrow is not perfect. Neither is any other human being.

To attribute him as never failing is just crazy. It's the definition of unreasonable expectations.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - Rubekahn29 - 09-06-2022

Only way you never fail is if you win every game you’re entire career. Yeah it’s a team sport, but he is part of the team responsible for its success. Burrow is amazing and we are lucky to have him, but let’s not let his hype be greater than he is.

RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - PhilHos - 09-06-2022

That’s so weird.

Housh, weren't you the same guy that posted that Mixon hasn't fumbled in over X number of carries literally 5 seconds before he fumbled for the first time in X number of carries?

You better hope Burrow comes nowhere close to "failure" this sunday or we're all going to be mad at you. lol