Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional (/Thread-Zac-Taylor-s-Offense-is-Dysfunctional)

Pages: 1 2

Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - CJD - 09-22-2022

That Franchise Guy put together a quick video on all the baffling things he saw in the Cowboys game regarding the design and scheme of the offense.

Thought you all might enjoy (or hate) watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9uZh3KxPMc

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - TheFan - 09-22-2022

(09-22-2022, 12:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That Franchise Guy put together a quick video on all the baffling things he saw in the Cowboys game regarding the design and scheme of the offense.

Thought you all might enjoy (or hate) watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9uZh3KxPMc

I am far from a Zac defender but this video is trash. I stopped watching after the 3rd clip.

I'm not sure how any of the 1st 3 are Zac Taylor's fault. Burrow either should have thrown it to Chase or audibled into a play when HE saw the numbers. ZT can't predict we'll have a 3 on 2 before the playcall. That's on Burrow. 

Williams blocking no one and stumbling on grass is not ZT fault. 

Collins not blocking Parsons is not ZT fault. 

Again, with 3 players making mistakes maybe you can put that on the coach but it had nothing to do with play calling/scheme. These players are being paid far more than Taylor to not make basic high school player mistakes.  

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - Soonerpeace - 09-22-2022

Yep I went to Marcus Whitman’s followers and none of mine and I’ve got a ton. He’s a nobody except Madden guy

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - 740Bengal - 09-22-2022

When you are that poorly prepared to execute, not disciplined enough to know your assignment that is COACHING. The buck falls with Lac, Burrow didn't even look at Chase on the Fake RPO, it wasn't an RPO, it was a fake high school style RPO where the destination is predetermined, Lac is an idiot.

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - Joelist - 09-22-2022

I'm not crazy about ZTs play designs and tendencies but the video is not making a good case for what it says - using wrong plays. I would use stuff to demonstrate how predictable the offense is and how it does little to scheme the receivers open - things like that make a better case.

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - bengalfan74 - 09-22-2022

(09-22-2022, 12:20 PM)TheFan Wrote: I am far from a Zac defender but this video is trash. I stopped watching after the 3rd clip.

I'm not sure how any of the 1st 3 are Zac Taylor's fault. Burrow either should have thrown it to Chase or audibled into a play when HE saw the numbers. ZT can't predict we'll have a 3 on 2 before the playcall. That's on Burrow. 

Again, with 3 players making mistakes maybe you can put that on the coach but it had nothing to do with play calling/scheme. These players are being paid far more than Taylor to not make basic high school player mistakes.  

I agree with the bolded. But overall I feel the guy is more right than wrong. This team has looked unsure, timid, flat, deer in headlights on like 7 out of 10 offensive plays in both these first two games.

There's multiple issues I know. But there's a good bit of it that's most definitely on ZT and the game plan/ paly calling/ preparedness. 

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - TheFan - 09-22-2022

(09-22-2022, 01:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree with the bolded. But overall I feel the guy is more right than wrong. This team has looked unsure, timid, flat, deer in headlights on like 7 out of 10 offensive plays in both these first two games.

There's multiple issues I know. But there's a good bit of it that's most definitely on ZT and the game plan/ paly calling/ preparedness. 

Oh for sure. I think ZT definitely deserves part of the blame. It was just weird that the first 3 clips he used were all things that had nothing to do with scheme/play calling or something ZT could have done anything about. 

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - CJD - 09-22-2022

(09-22-2022, 12:20 PM)TheFan Wrote: I am far from a Zac defender but this video is trash. I stopped watching after the 3rd clip.

The 4th clip has to do with play calling/scheme as well as a mention of the lack of play action later in the video. But the number of problems with players not reading the play correctly or not understanding their role or the audibles etc does become a coaching thing at some point.

(09-22-2022, 02:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The 4th clip has to do with play calling/scheme as well as a mention of the lack of play action later in the video. But the number of problems with players not reading the play correctly or not understanding their role or the audibles etc does become a coaching thing at some point.

Sent this to a former college OC he scoffed at this guy and checked him out Madden video guy turned expert

(09-22-2022, 02:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Sent this to a former college OC he scoffed at this guy and checked him out Madden video guy turned expert

mkay

(09-22-2022, 03:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: mkay

Mkay?

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - Clark W Griswold - 09-22-2022

Still think Zac needs to use a lot more play action. Seems like Burrow hardly ever passes when taking the snap under center so use that to your advantage. On first down fake the handoff from under center every once in a while. Helps freeze linebackers and slow the pass rush.

(09-22-2022, 04:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Still think Zac needs to use a lot more play action. Seems like Burrow hardly ever passes when taking the snap under center so use that to your advantage. On first down fake the handoff from under center every once in a while. Helps freeze linebackers and slow the pass rush.

Zac was a QB. He gives Joe unprecedented say in the offense’s call sheet. Joe is not comfortable under center. As far as play action you need a run game. The bottom line is they all need to get their heads together. Pollack, Callahan, Taylor, and Joe figure it out.

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - SunsetBengal - 09-22-2022

(09-22-2022, 04:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Still think Zac needs to use a lot more play action.  Seems like Burrow hardly ever passes when taking the snap under center so use that to your advantage.  On first down fake the handoff from under center every once in a while. Helps freeze linebackers and slow the pass rush.

I'm going to guess that the lack of PA from under center is a Joe Burrow preference, as it would require him to turn his back and take his eyes off of the defense for a moment, in order to sell the play.  However, I am with you, I'd like to see it run more often for the reasons you mentioned.

(09-22-2022, 03:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mkay?

As in, I understand that you didn't like the video.

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - fredtoast - 09-23-2022

(09-22-2022, 04:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:  As far as play action you need a run game. 

No you don't.

Play action is just as effective even if you don't have a great running game,

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - Boomer Anderson - 09-23-2022

For one game let Joe go full Peyton Manning and call all of his own plays.
Just turn it loose and let it rip. Have fun and pick em apart. He’s a smart dude.

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - TecmoBengals - 09-23-2022

What's the general opinion around here?

Does Zac run his preferred offense or does he tailor the offense to the talent?

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - OUatown - 09-23-2022

(09-23-2022, 01:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: What's the general opinion around here?

Does Zac run his preferred offense or does he tailor the offense to the talent?

Taylor doesn’t know what he wants to do would be the consensus!

RE: Zac Taylor's Offense is Dysfunctional - Soonerpeace - 09-23-2022

(09-23-2022, 11:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No you don't.

Play action is just as effective even if you don't have a great running game,

Nope