Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2022 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2022-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** (/Thread-Week-5-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Ravens--33354)

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Millhouse - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:23 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Will any serious question about play calling be asked?

Doubt it from idiots like that Kelsey Conway and the other powderpuff “journalists” that report on the Bengals.

For the third time this season we’ve snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, I’m dreading coming over in a few weeks god knows what Mahomes and Watson will do to us while that ***** idiot is calling the offence.

Hey, I saw earlier Leeds coming to terms with Gakpo from PSV. Be a good move for you guys if it does work out. Fyi, Im a big Prem fan here.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Stonyhands - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:21 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: defense gave up 19 points and the offense did them no favors most of that game

anyone putting blame on the defense should just leave

Offense has put us ahead in all 3 of our losses late in the game and Lou does not know how to scheme to beat a 2 minute offense. Defense has had 3 opportunities to secure a win and they are 0-3. Wth good is it to play great D most of the game but fail 100% of the time when the game is on the line?

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - TKUHL - 10-10-2022

Worst pass D in the league and we can’t even take shots down field. I knew all week as they talked about how we would light them up, I thought to myself they don’t know Zac. Freakin knew this team would shit the bed. How does this offense look so bad against bad competition? Are we doing the classic Bengals playing down to the competition shit again. It really is amazing.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - bengals67 - 10-10-2022

Play calling is half the problem. The other is play design.

All three loses on Zack

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - samhain - 10-10-2022

It's hard to watch now. but this team has what it needs talent wise to get hot at the right time. The run game looked better tonight and the offense is slowly figuring out how to take what the defense gives them. Our upcoming slate includes New Orleans, Atlanta, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Carolina. We need to go 4-1 on that stretch, which I think is plenty doable. Cleveland is the only one I worry about in that group.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Frank Booth - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:27 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Offense has put us ahead in all 3 of our losses late in the game and Lou does not know how to scheme to beat a 2 minute offense.  Defense has had 3 opportunities to secure a win and they are 0-3.   Wth good is it to play great D most of the game but fail 100% of the time when the game is on the line?

defense has been one of the best in the league. The offense has been playing like crap

to ignore the obvious under performance of the offense all season is just insanity by you. Now go to bed with your garbage takes brotha

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - coachmcneil71 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta give Zac credit. He adjusted the game plan after he saw it wasn't working after 2 drives. He gets down to the 2 and doesn't play not to lose, gets us the lead at the end.. Unfortunately we scored too early in the 4th and the GOAT Pk beat use. Great game against our AFC foe on the road. Look forward to getting them at home.

We lost by 2. You gotta take the points in a game where both teams are struggling to score points. Neither team hit the 20 point mark in 4 quarters. Gotta take the FG there.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Tony - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:27 AM)Synric Wrote: Dont blame it soling on Zac Taylor... Offense it starts with the Offensive coordinator that is Brian Callahan .

It's ***** 100% Zac Taylor's fault. No one should be sticking up for him 

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Vas Deferens - 10-10-2022

Below 500.

That’s not gonna do it.

Hope you all got it out of your system last year and didn’t indoctrinate your children in the process.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Synric - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Zac should be more predictable in his play calling.. 

The offense opened with 1 run in 4 drives to the RB and that was a weird pitch. 

You gotta run a natural offense before trick plays work and they opened with trick plays in 4 drives.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Science Friction - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:24 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I do really like our defense and respect them for keeping us in games, but in all 3 losses to end the game they let the offense waltz down the field absolutely no problem.

I have to agree.  Same in the Superbowl.  That is not an elite defense.  One effing stop at end of games...PLEASE!!!!

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Nicomo Cosca - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:25 AM)Synric Wrote: He blamed on Burrow but the blame lies with the coaches and it's not close. Not with the 4 down call it the opening game 4 drives zero points and very weird play designs.

Exactly. They had 10 days to prepare for this game. No excuses. Most coaches dream about having an offense with Burrow, Chase, Boyd, Mixon, etc.

The Ravens used Devin frigging Duvernay more effectively than Taylor used Ja’Marr Chase. Unacceptable.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-10-2022

Marvin Lewis would have coached this team to a win tonight; he ALWAYS took the points. There; I said it!

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Rubekahn29 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:29 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: defense has been one of the best in the league. The offense has been playing like crap

to ignore the obvious under performance of the offense all season is just insanity by you. Now go to bed with your garbage takes brotha

Both points are correct. Defense has kept us in games, but when in all 3 losses the offense has gone down our defense throats easily to kick a game winning field goal. That’s probably more a reflection on coaching but the clutch factor in defense has been missing at the end of the game. Like I said though, probably more coaching.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Frank Booth - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:30 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I have to agree.  Same in the Superbowl.  That is not an elite defense.  One effing stop at end of games...PLEASE!!!!

yea just ignore the supposed one of the best offenses in football playing like a bottom 12 mediocre unit

please ignore it

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - NUGDUKWE - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:24 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I do really like our defense and respect them for keeping us in games, but in all 3 losses to end the game they let the offense waltz down the field absolutely no problem.

It's tough getting a stop at the end of a game. Let alone Lamar Jackson with 4 downs to get a 1st. If you told me before the game we hold them to 19 pts I'd bet we win. Really we've had three games where it was obvious to kick a field goal. We go for it all 3 times and fail ( maybe somebody can help me with the analytics of that). But it was a 13-10 game. You have to take that kick. Zac can't read the damn game because if he could maybe he could see we were actually running the ball and would've run it on 1st down. 

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - RunKijanaRun - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta give Zac credit. He adjusted the game plan after he saw it wasn't working after 2 drives. He gets down to the 2 and doesn't play not to lose, gets us the lead at the end.. Unfortunately we scored too early in the 4th and the GOAT Pk beat use. Great game against our AFC foe on the road. Look forward to getting them at home.

Absolutely cost this team the game and he’s making the best collection of talent we’ve ever had on offense painfully average. And you’re giving him kudos.

I cannot fathom this being a legit take. You’re either just trying to bait someone into arguing with you and you’re trolling, or you need to cut back on the lithium.

I have a buddy waiting for you in the basement. Hope you and Fred are happy together. I’m saving us both from future headaches.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Joelist - 10-10-2022

There's blame to go all around after something that pathetic. But yes Zac gets the lions share. They need to take his computer away and forbid the use of analytics. Burrow played like crap; which is his usual standard this season. He's WAY off and they need to fix it immediately - which is already too late as this was a hyper critical must win game. The line actually did okay but the defense should be embarrassed letting an offense with so few actual receivers roll over them like that.

At this point the Bengals are following up the fastest rebuild in NFL history with the worst implosion of a Super Bowl team in NFL history.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - iLLuSi0nz - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:27 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Offense has put us ahead in all 3 of our losses late in the game and Lou does not know how to scheme to beat a 2 minute offense. Defense has had 3 opportunities to secure a win and they are 0-3. Wth good is it to play great D most of the game but fail 100% of the time when the game is on the line?

Even though the D was tired and worn down, they should have had a plan for Andrews well before the last drive. Same for Jackson keeps. Has to be a little on Lou. Much more on Taylor and Callahan for how they ran that last drive though. Once we were in field-goal range with Mac it should’ve been more urgent.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - jj22 - 10-10-2022

Chase doesn't even look like he cares to take over a game anymore. His sophomore slump is the elephant in the room..