Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2022 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2022-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** (/Thread-Week-5-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Ravens--33354)

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Frank Booth - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:31 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: It's tough getting a stop at the end of a game. Let alone Lamar Jackson with 4 downs to get a 1st. If you told me before the game we hold them to 19 pts I'd bet we win. Really we've had three games where it was obvious to kick a field goal. We go for it all 3 times and fail ( maybe somebody can help me with the analytics of that). But it was a 13-10 game. You have to take that kick. Zac can't read the damn game because if he could maybe he could see we were actually running the ball and would've run it on 1st down. 

EXACTLY

this is all on the offense and offensive coaching

holding the ravens to 19 points should mean a victory when you have an offense that is considered top 10 in talent

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Stonyhands - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:29 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: defense has been one of the best in the league. The offense has been playing like crap

to ignore the obvious under performance of the offense all season is just insanity by you. Now go to bed with your garbage takes brotha

I’m not ignoring the offense or Zac Taylor leaving points on the board. You do know we play other NFL defenses right? Out of 3 of our losses, how many did the defense give up game ending fgs?

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Cicero - 10-10-2022

Tough afcn rivalry game. It sucks but that’s football. Would like to have seen them kick the field goal, it’s a different game then. Also hate that we’ve gone do well containing Jackson the last two games then go away from that for no apparent reason. Anarumo dialed up way too much pressure against a web that you need to contain. He’s not that accurate a passer.

Taylor has to figure out how to beat a cover two zone. Burrow must be patient and take what the defense is giving him.

The run game was way better, would like to have seen a lot more of it to open up play action and pull the safeties down.

Frustrating loss against a good team on the road.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Science Friction - 10-10-2022

This was a HUGE ass loss. Could have taken control in the division. More ineptness from the coaching staff prevented that.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Rubekahn29 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:31 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: It's tough getting a stop at the end of a game. Let alone Lamar Jackson with 4 downs to get a 1st. If you told me before the game we hold them to 19 pts I'd bet we win. Really we've had three games where it was obvious to kick a field goal. We go for it all 3 times and fail ( maybe somebody can help me with the analytics of that). But it was a 13-10 game. You have to take that kick. Zac can't read the damn game because if he could maybe he could see we were actually running the ball and would've run it on 1st down. 

It took Baltimore all of 4 plays to get into field goal range.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - bfine32 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:29 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: We lost by 2. You gotta take the points in a game where both teams are struggling to score points. Neither team hit the 20 point mark in 4 quarters. Gotta take the FG there.

Hell I agree. I would have taken the points..but I've always been a fan of playing not to lose. Most around here hate that...I'm just trying to fit in. 

I knew the rout was on once it was 3-0 

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Synric - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:33 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I’m not ignoring the offense or Zac Taylor leaving points on the board.  You do know we play other NFL defenses right?  Out of 3 of our losses, how many did the defense give up game ending fgs?

An how many of those were game controlling offenses?

It's an offensive league. You have to score points. How do you think it's going to go vs KC or Buffalo?

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Essex Johnson - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:27 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Offense has put us ahead in all 3 of our losses late in the game and Lou does not know how to scheme to beat a 2 minute offense.  Defense has had 3 opportunities to secure a win and they are 0-3.   Wth good is it to play great D most of the game but fail 100% of the time when the game is on the line?

Disappointed in defense but how many games on the road we winning scoring 17 to 20, easily  could have been 17 to 21 to nothing early, blame to go around , but defense is still playing like last year 2nd half, offense is not..

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-10-2022

Who’s next? Oh, the Saints IN New Orleans. Ready to get lit up by Andy Dalton?

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - NUGDUKWE - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:31 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea just ignore the supposed one of the best offenses in football playing like a bottom 12 mediocre unit

please ignore it

Yeah we hold the Ravens to 19 it should be a win. Not having Tee definitely hurt but we have to do better. Other teams can scheme they're top wr open. Zac's answer is to just throw to him short. The offense is the weak link and we just have too much talent for that to be the case.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - bfine32 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:33 AM)Cicero Wrote: Tough afcn rivalry game. It sucks but that’s football. Would like to have seen them kick the field goal, it’s a different game then. Aldo gate that we’ve gone do well containing Jackson the last two games then go away from that for no apparent reason.

Taylor has to figure out how to beat a cover two zone. Burrow must be patient and take what the defense is giving him.

The run game was way better, would like to have seen a lot more of it to open up play action and pull the safeties down.

Frustrating loss against a good team on the road.

GTFO of this forum with that sensible post. 

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - fisherscatfan - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta give Zac credit. He adjusted the game plan after he saw it wasn't working after 2 drives. He gets down to the 2 and doesn't play not to lose, gets us the lead at the end.. Unfortunately we scored too early in the 4th and the GOAT Pk beat use. Great game against our AFC foe on the road. Look forward to getting them at home.

What?  He gets down to the 2 and then acts like a 7 year calling plays on Madden.  

(10-10-2022, 12:34 AM)Synric Wrote: An how many of those were game controlling offenses?

It's an offensive league. You have to score points. How do you think it's going to go vs KC or Buffalo?

bengals defense can hold the chiefs to 10 and some people here will blame the defense if the bengals lose

these people give the offense a huge pass

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Nicomo Cosca - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: Chase doesn't even look like he cares to take over a game anymore. His sophomore slump is the elephant in the room..

Literally wtf are you talking about? He caught everything thrown his way. He can’t call or design the plays.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - TKUHL - 10-10-2022

Cleveland’s run game is going to destroy us. Even though our D kept it under 20 our miserable offense can’t get going. 5 games in and we still look like we do In preseason. No excuse for this Offense to look this bad. Time for heads to roll. This is pathetic.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Science Friction - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:32 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: EXACTLY

this is all on the offense and offensive coaching

holding the ravens to 19 points should mean a victory when you have an offense that is considered top 10 in talent

2-3 could have been 5-0  with three  little last drive stops in the three losses.  Same thing happened in the Superbowl.  Last drives... Bengals' D gives it up.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Whatever - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:29 AM)Synric Wrote: The offense opened with 1 run in 4 drives to the RB and that was a weird pitch. 

You gotta run a natural offense before trick plays work and they opened with trick plays in 4 drives.

Some of the gimmick plays were just silly.  Why the hell are we running a shovel pass to Morgan?  Do they seriously think they're going to successfully have Boyd throw every game?  That sequence from the 2 yard line was terrible, especially since we were actually having success running the ball at that point.

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Rubekahn29 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 12:34 AM)Synric Wrote: An how many of those were game controlling offenses?

You mean the KC team that scored 17 vs a BAD colts team?

(10-10-2022, 12:36 AM)Science Friction Wrote: 2-3 could have been 5-0  with three  little last drive stops in the three losses.  Same thing happened in the Superbowl.  Last drives... Bengals' D gives it up.

yes once again ignore the offense playing like a bottom 12 unit

RE: ***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - Synric - 10-10-2022

If an offense isnt scoring 28 points per game it's not a playoff offense.