Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Next Man Up. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Next Man Up. (/Thread-Next-Man-Up--33519)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Next Man Up. - Synric - 10-23-2022

Akeem Davis-Gaither, Zach Carter, and Jay Tufele played really well as reserve defenders. This is really big for the rest of the season for the Bengals especially when they start getting guys back from injury.

RE: Next Man Up. - michaelsean - 10-23-2022

I know the Falcons were injured against the Bengals strength, but the Bengals were injured against the Falcons strength.

RE: Next Man Up. - pally - 10-23-2022

Cam Taylor Britt replaced a healthy Eli Apple for the majority of the 2nd half

RE: Next Man Up. - masonbengals fan - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 06:20 PM)pally Wrote: Cam Taylor Britt replaced a healthy Eli Apple for the majority of the 2nd half

& played well. 

RE: Next Man Up. - Goalpost - 10-23-2022

Joseph Ossai notched a sack also.

RE: Next Man Up. - THE PISTONS - 10-23-2022

ADG looked great. May make Pratt expendable in free agency.

RE: Next Man Up. - bfine32 - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 06:22 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: & played well. 

We definitely didn't watch the same CTB out there.

WTS, one of the best "next man up's" has been the long snapper

RE: Next Man Up. - THE PISTONS - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We definitely didn't watch the same CTB out there.

Yeah...Britt seemed to struggle on some plays. But, it's ok. CB is a tough position.

BTW I know Apple got beat, but you gotta be in a defense with safety help in that scenario. 

RE: Next Man Up. - Synric - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 07:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...Britt seemed to struggle on some plays. But, it's ok. CB is a tough position.

BTW I know Apple got beat, but you gotta be in a defense with safety help in that scenario. 

It's a play that deserves a second look. I havent seen itnyet but Bates was line up way to right as the SS to be the culprit. Apple thought he had help on that skinny post so it's the strong side safety or Apple going outside leverage without inside help. 

Looking back I'm betting on inside leverage help was the issue.

RE: Next Man Up. - Go Cards - 10-23-2022

CTB helping keep the 2nd half streak alive is nice to see

Next Man Up. - ah5 - 10-23-2022

Tufele looks like he's turning into a beast. What a pick up if continues getting better. Wasn't he a late rounder from some crappy team? I'll look it up later...

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk

RE: Next Man Up. - pally - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 09:34 PM)ah5 Wrote: Tufele looks like he's turning into a beast.  What a pick up if continues getting better. Wasn't he a late rounder from some crappy team? I'll look it up later...

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk

4th round pick by Jacksonville in 2021. Spent most of the year on IR.  Waived on cutdown day.  The Bengals picked him up on waivers.  Team had him rated higher than Tyler Shelvin but Jacksonville took him a couple of picks ahead of us.

RE: Next Man Up. - samhain - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 09:48 PM)pally Wrote: 4th round pick by Jacksonville in 2021. Spent most of the year on IR.  Waived on cutdown day.  The Bengals picked him up on waivers.  Team had him rated higher than Tyler Shelvin but Jacksonville took him a couple of picks ahead of us.

I thought he was fairly well regarded when he was drafted.  He seems to be just what the doctor ordered.    

RE: Next Man Up. - Rubekahn29 - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 07:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...Britt seemed to struggle on some plays. But, it's ok. CB is a tough position.

I guess I just didn’t notice. Can someone elaborate on how he struggled? 

RE: Next Man Up. - Nicomo Cosca - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 09:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I guess I just didn’t notice. Can someone elaborate on how he struggled? 

I thought he played pretty well. Sans pointed out he was “decking” dudes on his tackles.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s CB2 sooner rather than later.

RE: Next Man Up. - samhain - 10-23-2022

Watching these young defenders step into major roles and thrive is telling. This is precisely how a team survives having to pay big contracts to stars.

RE: Next Man Up. - bfine32 - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 09:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I guess I just didn’t notice. Can someone elaborate on how he struggled? 

I saw him after the game out on the field looking for his jock. He lost it on a Mariota run. It seems they put him in for a couple series to replace Apple and quickly realized it wasn't working.

WTS, it was dude's first game-day action and everyone else is in mid-season form. Looking forward to him getting up to speed and moving Apple to the nickle, but it ain't that time yet

RE: Next Man Up. - Rubekahn29 - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looking forward to him getting up to speed and moving Apple to the nickle, but it ain't that time yet

You had me going until this line.

RE: Next Man Up. - Nicomo Cosca - 10-23-2022

Mariota makes plenty of guys miss. He had 111 yards rushing his last 2 games coming into this one.

RE: Next Man Up. - casear2727 - 10-23-2022

(10-23-2022, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We definitely didn't watch the same CTB out there.

(10-23-2022, 07:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...Britt seemed to struggle on some plays. But, it's ok. CB is a tough position.

(10-23-2022, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I saw him after the game out on the field looking for his jock. He lost it on a Mariota run. It seems they put him in for a couple series to replace Apple and quickly realized it wasn't working.

WTS, it was dude's first game-day action and everyone else is in mid-season form. Looking forward to him getting up to speed and moving Apple to the nickle, but it ain't that time yet

I'm not sure where much of this is coming from? I sit 20 rows from the field on the 40 yard line in section 139 on the opposing team sideline (the side Apple & CTB played in the 3rd Qtr) and he looked very solid. Lots of knowledgeable fans around my seats and we were watching him, very aggressive tackler. He played pretty tight coverage and comes off his man to make tackles and take on blockers. I watched the condensed TV replay tonight and I don't see how anyone could come up with a negative assessment of CBT from watching the game on TV? Last week there were complaints from some who only listened on the radio.... so not sure what to make of some comments.

But rest assured CTB looked more than ok in his debut and no doubt he will have his welcome to the NFL moment eventually as teams will look to challenge him in the future.