Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonathan Abram released by Raiders - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Jonathan Abram released by Raiders (/thread-33695.html)

Jonathan Abram released by Raiders - SunsetBengal - 11-09-2022

Anyone think it worth while to make a play for Jonathan Abram, since the Raiders released him?

While he's not a back-end coverage type of Safety, his physical presence versus run heavy offenses that make a lot of underneath throws to the TEs and RBs might be a valuable addition in the back half of the season.

RE: Jonathan Abram released by Raiders - bengalfan74 - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 12:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone think it worth while to make a play for Jonathan Abram, since the Raiders released him?

While he's not a back-end coverage type of Safety, his physical presence versus run heavy offenses that make a lot of underneath throws to the TEs and RBs might be a valuable addition in the back half of the season.

He sounds like a decent catch to me.

RE: Jonathan Abram released by Raiders - CJD - 11-09-2022

The Raiders had a bad 2019 first round despite having 3 first rounders haha.

RE: Jonathan Abram released by Raiders - SunsetBengal - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 12:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He sounds like a decent catch to me.
Especially when you consider that the Steelers, Browns, Ravens, Titans, and Patriots are exactly that sort of offense.

(11-09-2022, 01:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Raiders had a bad 2019 first round despite having 3 first rounders haha.

That doesn't mean that the players were bad, perhaps just miscast in their roles since the coaching change?  I mean guys get taken high in the draft for a reason, they're seen to be talented.  I get that teams with a ton of picks, like the Raiders had at the time, tend to get wasteful and reach a bit.

RE: Jonathan Abram released by Raiders - kalibengal - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 01:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That doesn't mean that the players were bad, perhaps just miscast in their roles since the coaching change?  I mean guys get taken high in the draft for a reason, they're seen to be talented.  I get that teams with a ton of picks, like the Raiders had at the time, tend to get wasteful and reach a bit.

id kick tires....always good to have some really hard hitters on D which is what he is known for.

RE: Jonathan Abram released by Raiders - TheLeonardLeap - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 01:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Raiders had a bad 2019 first round despite having 3 first rounders haha.

Not just 2019. Their last 4 1st round picks are no longer on the team.

Since 2010, they've had 13 1st round picks. Only 1 of them has played at least 5 years with the team.

RE: Jonathan Abram released by Raiders - pally - 11-09-2022

Claimed by the Packers

(11-09-2022, 06:47 PM)pally Wrote: Claimed by the Packers

Yep, just heard that on my ride home.