Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals will leave early for NE - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals will leave early for NE (/Thread-Bengals-will-leave-early-for-NE)

Pages: 1 2

Bengals will leave early for NE - Bengalholic - 12-20-2022

'CINCINNATI, Ohio — The Bengals aren’t taking a wait-and-see approach to their travel plans as they do with the injury report each week.

They planned to depart the day before the game, but will now leave on Thursday night. The forecast in Cincinnati for Friday is calling for heavy winds between 20 and 40 mph and heavy rain possible in northeast.

Bengals coach Zac Taylor announced his team’s updated travel plans on Tuesday night after practice. He has talked about the importance of having a regimented schedule, but said the team has handled the updated itinerary well.'

“I think this team has always done a good job of adjusting when need be,” Taylor said. “This is an unusual week anyway, six-day week. We’ve done it earlier this year for the Carolina game. Our guys responded well to it, I think it’s just one more adjustment they will have to make.”

*Additional weather note: The temperature for the game is supposed to be 22-23 degrees, with a 'feels like' of 9-11. 

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - leonardfan40 - 12-20-2022

Good plan. No need to risk troubles when you know the storm is coming. Wouldn’t want NE to get out of a butt whoopin that easily lol

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - pally - 12-20-2022

glad they are planning ahead.

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - JumboTron - 12-20-2022

I was wondering if they would alter their travel plans due to the weather on Friday. Thanks for the update.

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - bengals67 - 12-20-2022

(12-20-2022, 10:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'CINCINNATI, Ohio — The Bengals aren’t taking a wait-and-see approach to their travel plans as they do with the injury report each week.

They planned to depart the day before the game, but will now leave on Thursday night. The forecast in Cincinnati for Friday is calling for heavy winds between 20 and 40 mph and heavy rain possible in northeast.

Bengals coach Zac Taylor announced his team’s updated travel plans on Tuesday night after practice. He has talked about the importance of having a regimented schedule, but said the team has handled the updated itinerary well.'

“I think this team has always done a good job of adjusting when need be,” Taylor said. “This is an unusual week anyway, six-day week. We’ve done it earlier this year for the Carolina game. Our guys responded well to it, I think it’s just one more adjustment they will have to make.”

*Additional weather note: The temperature for the game is supposed to be 22-23 degrees, with a 'feels like' of 9-11. 

How many of you agree this would never happen when Mike B was running the show?

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - BFritz21 - 12-20-2022

LOVE that we're getting out ahead of the weather.

I also think this will help us get used to the weather up there because, even though it's 30 around here right now, I'm sure it's a lot colder up there. I also think it will help us get settled and focused.

Let's go in and make Bill B our *****!

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Frank Booth - 12-20-2022

Im just still worried about Matt Judon vs La'el Collins

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Science Friction - 12-20-2022

(12-20-2022, 11:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im just still worried about Matt Judon vs La'el Collins

Judon! Judon! Judon!

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Frank Booth - 12-20-2022

(12-20-2022, 11:38 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Judon! Judon! Judon!

it's better to get judoff than judon

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Science Friction - 12-21-2022

(12-20-2022, 11:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's better to get judoff than judon

No doubt about it !!!!

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - guyofthetiger - 12-21-2022

Well, just north of Cincy could be a blizzard. High winds and cold temps for Friday and Saturday here. Watch nothing happens. lol

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Go Cards - 12-21-2022

A wise decision to leave a day early if bad weather is coming. A no brainer actually.

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Rubekahn29 - 12-21-2022

It’s likely going to be colder in Cincy than New England on Saturday. Believe it or not, they caught a break weather wise. Lol

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Johnny Cupcakes - 12-21-2022

(12-21-2022, 09:16 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It’s likely going to be colder in Cincy than New England on Saturday. Believe it or not, they caught a break weather wise. Lol

Yeah, Friday & Saturday have forecasted highs in the single digits with high winds in Cincinnati. 20 degrees warmer in Boston. It’ll be like a spa day for the boys…they’ll probably go out for pedicures after the dub.

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - HarleyDog - 12-21-2022

(12-20-2022, 11:14 PM)bengals67 Wrote: How many of you agree this would never happen when Mike B was running the show?

I don’t ever recall forfeiting a game because we couldn’t make the flight due to bad planning?

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-21-2022

(12-20-2022, 10:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'CINCINNATI, Ohio — The Bengals aren’t taking a wait-and-see approach to their travel plans as they do with the injury report each week.

Good move, get ahead of the storm.

Sure hope it is like the Carolina game. We need to get the running game back on track.

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Bengalpool - 12-21-2022

(12-20-2022, 11:14 PM)bengals67 Wrote: How many of you agree this would never happen when Mike B was running the show?

Irrelevant. 

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Awful Llama - 12-21-2022

Glad they're doing that.  And, it's another night for the boys to enjoy a bowl of clam chowder.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ce99de5e474b7ff6c9...y.gif&ct=g]

Sorry, chowdah.

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Goalpost - 12-21-2022

Yea. I generally park my car in the driveway. But I fueled it up yesterday, and it will be parked in the garage this weekend. They are forecasting wind chills to be near 30 below possible Thursday night and Friday.

RE: Bengals will leave early for NE - Roland - 12-22-2022

Nah.  I'm pretty sure the Bengals have done it before.  The NFL has rules for how far in advance of the game you have to be in town and it's not worth taking any chances.