Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. (/Thread-Look-for-Fake-Roughing-The-Passer-on-the-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2

Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - BengalYankee - 01-25-2023

I expect the ref's will call "roughing the passer" on the Bengals if they touch him with a feather.  Whatever

[Image: football-roughing-the-passer-penalty.png]

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - TheFan - 01-25-2023

(01-25-2023, 08:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I expect the ref's will call "roughing the passer" on the Bengals if they touch him with a feather.  Whatever

[Image: football-roughing-the-passer-penalty.png]

Oh, we're already to that point in the week where we have to resort to the "Refs/NFL are out to screw the Bengsls" threads? 

Time flies

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - Housh - 01-25-2023

ngl I do not see a reason why the NFL would want Magommes to win again over Burrow.

Having a new guy with a ring in the convo will only make money for future games

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - samhain - 01-25-2023

I'd legitimately hate to see him get further injured trying to gut it out. A dude like that almost has to play this late in the postseason, but I'd be nervous as hell to put my generational talent MVP quarterback at risk if I were a KC fan.

It would be comparable to how I felt about Burrow first coming back from the knee injury in 2021. You cringe every time the guy gets hit, and he's definitely going to get hit.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - QueenCity - 01-25-2023

Don't like these type of threads but the NFL will always protect their golden goose. Just gotta make sure the tackle is clean and maybe even a 2nd wash.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - Destro - 01-25-2023

The Bengals don't even carry feathers.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - phil413 - 01-26-2023

If we're playing ref paranoia bingo: Put me down for a blown 12 men on the field call while the Chiefs elect to do a drop kick. I imagine the payout has to be big.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - jason - 01-26-2023

I remember last week when people were up in arms that that Cheffers dude was reffing the Bills game. "The fix is in" some claimed. I posted a reply to the effect of go beat dat ass so bad their can be no doubt. The Bengals had the same idea.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - Roland - 01-26-2023

Yeah, the fixers really blew it last week.  Whatever

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - michaelsean - 01-26-2023

(01-26-2023, 01:00 AM)Roland Wrote: Yeah, the fixers really blew it last week.  Whatever

Yes I’m pretty sure the Bengals won the penalty battle by a lot. Probably so the NFL could really stick it to them this week. Clever sumbitches.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - BurrowTheGoat - 01-26-2023

Too much paranoia lately. NFL doesn't care and why would they there are no bad Super Bowl matchups at this point. 2 up incomers in Burrow and Hurts, the golden boy Mahomes and the Mr. Irrelevant cinderella in Purdy.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - bengalfan74 - 01-26-2023

I heard to start the game they're calling a "too much of a badass, #9 offense" penalty on Joe.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - jeremydc - 01-26-2023

Weak sauce

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - Sled21 - 01-26-2023

Burrow drops back to throw, the Defensive comes on a blitz that is missed by our line, Burrow has to do his magic in the pocket and escapes what appears to be two solid sacks, rolls out and hits Hurst with a dime for a touchdown. Ref throws a flag. "Too much sheistiness on the field, number 9 offense, 10-yard penalty, 4th down."

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - Interceptor - 01-26-2023

(01-26-2023, 01:59 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes I’m pretty sure the Bengals won the penalty battle by a lot. Probably so the NFL could really stick it to them this week. Clever sumbitches.

I think after his first year Zac saw that as an issue when he first got here and decided to squash that once and for all. No more off-sides, false starts, encroachments, etc., things that we can control pre-snap. Then next was position, technique, and timing - post-snap. Put them together and refs can't call shit anymore without it being too obvious. We still are on the bad side of 50/50 (close or bang-bang) calls, and that would give the refs leeway to call how they see fit. But we are still way better than when before Zac got here.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - BengalB - 01-27-2023

(01-26-2023, 12:48 AM)jason Wrote: I remember last week when people were up in arms that that Cheffers dude was reffing the Bills game. "The fix is in" some claimed. I posted a reply to the effect of go beat dat ass so bad their can be no doubt. The Bengals had the same idea.

I call them Chief Forree. Chef Ereee, etc. and so on.

There’s a lot of times I wonder how well some of their (the refs) nieces and nephews, second cousins and their old bestie from high school do on a Sunday. I think for some the winnings have to be huge. But I do hope there’s more officials with integrity and love for the game, than not.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - Science Friction - 01-27-2023

(01-26-2023, 01:00 AM)Roland Wrote: Yeah, the fixers really blew it last week.  Whatever

Maybe not, if they were "fixing" for the Bengals. Cheffers usually calls a lot of holds AND more penalties against the road team. Bengals had a grand total of 2 penalties and NO holding penalties. Very unusual for a Cheffers' crew. Now, the Bengals won that game because they played far better but, who knows, maybe it is the outcome the league wanted. The league was gonna get tons of backlash for that Atlanta game. Maybe Cini@ KC had more appeal and less backlash in the end.

Regardless of a favorable or unfavorable outcome for the Bengals, no one will ever convince me to put my trust in Roger Goodell. I'm not convinced that games are pre-determined but it is truly naive to think that some games aren't influenced.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - Nately120 - 01-27-2023

I have to admit it's a real sign of progress that we've had to up our game as to why the NFL wants the other teams in our division to win to why the NFL wants the other teams in the playoffs to win.

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - rfaulk34 - 01-27-2023

So nice to see that these stupid narratives are still alive and well. Mellow

RE: Look for "Fake Roughing The Passer" on the Bengals. - Tomkat - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 03:28 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Regardless of a favorable or unfavorable outcome for the Bengals, no one will ever convince me to put my trust in Roger Goodell. I'm not convinced that games are pre-determined but it is truly naive to think that some games aren't influenced.

This is pretty much me.  I will never fully trust Goodell to NOT screw the Bengals if given the opportunity... especially with how buddy-buddy he is with the Rooney's.