Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati (/Thread-It%E2%80%99s-a-New-Era-in-Cincinnati)

Pages: 1 2

It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-28-2023

We’re not dreaming. It’s really happening.

The Cincinnati Bengals are in a second consecutive AFC Championship game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Last year was a huge win at Arrowhead Stadium and, most likely, the Bengals will win another conference championship and go to another Super Bowl and this time win it all. All the signals point to history being made and the first of many Lombardi Trophies will soon grace the display case at Paycor Stadium.

However, in the off chance Kansas City wins tomorrow I will still consider the 2022-23 season a gigantic success. Our team is among the best in the league and with the current roster and coaching staff I don’t see this changing for many years. The Cincinnati Bengals are quietly becoming a dynasty.

The Bengals no longer need to rebuild every year; just reload.

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - Go Cards - 01-28-2023

(01-28-2023, 10:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We’re not dreaming.  It’s really happening.

The Cincinnati Bengals are in a second consecutive AFC Championship game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Last year was a huge win at Arrowhead Stadium and, most likely, the Bengals will win another conference championship and go to another Super Bowl and this time win it all.  All the signals point to history being made and the first of many Lombardi Trophies will soon grace the display case at Paycor Stadium.

However, in the off chance Kansas City wins tomorrow I will still consider the 2022-23 season a gigantic success.  Our team is among the best in the league and with the current roster and coaching staff I don’t see this changing for many years.  The Cincinnati Bengals are quietly becoming a dynasty.

The Bengals have arrived in the land of enchantment and its the most fun time I can ever recall as a Bengals fan. The best part is that Burrow, Chase, and Zac are all so young and should giving us this kind of enjoyment for a long time to come. 

Agree, win or lose tomorrow, I'm still as proud as can be of this Bengals squad. 

KC is great but that VooDoo that Lou Do is going to stymie the Chiefs once again

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - grampahol - 01-28-2023

We really need to kidnap Lou after the last game be it tomorrow or after the superbowl win and only release him to sign his next Bengals DC long term contract..  ThumbsUp

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - QueenCity - 01-28-2023

I'm not ready for the season to end.... they got to have another one in them!

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - grampahol - 01-28-2023

(01-28-2023, 11:30 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm not ready for the season to end.... they got to have another one in them!

Shhhh! Don't even suggest they're not going to win it all..If you do you'll have to hand in your Queen City card and just be a queen..

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - BengalsLUFC - 01-28-2023

I’m shitting myself that I feel so confident about the game.

Last season was a feel good story felt like we were playing with house money.

This year we’ve proved we belong and still we are disrespected it’s no wonder our boys are so pissed off.

Until they win a ring they will never get the credit they deserve.

It’s time for them to look in the mirror tomorrow say **** em and destroy everything that stands in their way.

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - Awful Llama - 01-28-2023

(01-28-2023, 11:30 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm not ready for the season to end.... they got to have another one in them!

Agreed.  On paper, saying that they had a good season, even if they lose tomorrow, sounds good.  But in reality it's going to be damn disappointing.  I hate the idea that they pushed that boulder this high up the hill just to see it roll back down, and then we'll have to wait until September to start the journey all over again.  Screw that.  Just win the whole damn thing this time!  

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-28-2023

(01-28-2023, 11:50 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Agreed.  On paper, saying that they had a good season, even if they lose tomorrow, sounds good.  But in reality it's going to be damn disappointing.  I hate the idea that they pushed that boulder this high up the hill just to see it roll back down, and then we'll have to wait until September to start the journey all over again.  Screw that.  Just win the whole damn thing this time!  

Disappointing, yes, but I won’t be sad or mopey. We’re a great team now!

With that being said I want to see that mean ol’ Bengal-hating sourpuss Roger Goodell reluctantly hand the Lombardi Trophy to Mike Brown while the entire world watches.

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - NUGDUKWE - 01-29-2023

It's definitely a new era. I do think we will be relevant for a long time. But I am nervous about the game tomorrow against KC. As I've been saying this defense is special. Heck this whole team is special and sadly we more than likely will be missing players come next season. This team needs to capitalize and win it all this year.

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - Bengalstripes9 - 01-29-2023

I noticed a lot of you guys are selecting moods for your profile. I decided to look up and see if 'sheisty' is a mood. Apparently it's not as it's not available.

Sheisty is an adjective. It probably should be in there.

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - THE PISTONS - 01-29-2023

(01-28-2023, 11:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: We really need to kidnap Lou after the last game be it tomorrow or after the superbowl win and only release him to sign his next Bengals DC long term contract..  ThumbsUp

0 teams have requested to interview him.

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - tms - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 12:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 0 teams have requested to interview him.

Yeah unless he's got a red dot on his head, something doesn't add up there. My hunch is that Lou has an understanding with at least one team (Broncos, Cards, Colts, Texans), maybe the Broncos. If the Bengals win again tomorrow, you know Penner would love to make a splash with Mahomes' kryptonite. They've talked to just a handful of candidates outside of Harbaugh, Quinn and Payton. With those three having elected to stay where they are, I figure the Broncos may have been targeting someone like Lou all along- that is, unless they're big believers in Jimmy Caldwell, Raheem Morris or David Shaw lol

As for Houston, Indianapolis and Arizona... I don't know. They all need a lot of help. Outside of the Texans, their demand for a defensive guru (Anagurumo?) is uncertain. But I think this may be one of those rare situations where if there's no smoke, then there must be fire. It's inexplicable otherwise. Even Weddle was beside himself this week wondering why Lou hasn't gotten a call yet. When you look at the guys being intv'd- Bisaccia, Ben Johnson, Thomas Brown, Kafka, Wink, even Callahan- it doesn't make any sense. 

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - michaelsean - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 01:30 AM)tms Wrote: Yeah unless he's got a red dot on his head, something doesn't add up there. My hunch is that Lou has an understanding with at least one team (Broncos, Cards, Colts, Texans), maybe the Broncos. If the Bengals win again tomorrow, you know Penner would love to make a splash with Mahomes' kryptonite. They've talked to just a handful of candidates outside of Harbaugh, Quinn and Payton. With those three having elected to stay where they are, I figure the Broncos may have been targeting someone like Lou all along- that is, unless they're big believers in Jimmy Caldwell, Raheem Morris or David Shaw lol

As for Houston, Indianapolis and Arizona... I don't know. They all need a lot of help. Outside of the Texans, their demand for a defensive guru (Anagurumo?) is uncertain. But I think this may be one of those rare situations where if there's no smoke, then there must be fire. It's inexplicable otherwise. Even Weddle was beside himself this week wondering why Lou hasn't gotten a call yet. When you look at the guys being intv'd- Bisaccia, Ben Johnson, Thomas Brown, Kafka, Wink, even Callahan- it doesn't make any sense. 
Wink got a call? Is there a new Rooney rule for morons?

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - tms - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 01:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Wink got a call?  Is there a new Rooney rule for morons?

Hehe yeah I think he's going back for a 2nd intv w/ Indy. But they've been interviewing everyone under the sun (including Saturday, who's also had two) so it doesn't mean much

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 02:05 AM)tms Wrote: Hehe yeah I think he's going back for a 2nd intv w/ Indy. But they've been interviewing everyone under the sun (including Saturday, who's also had two) so it doesn't mean much

I think we're in luck for now. Several coaches thought to be on the hot seat retained their jobs so there are fewer openings than expected and also most teams are leaning towards offensive minded coaches. Add in that Lou is still kind of new as a NFL coordinator . . . So with few openings and not much of a track record yet, I could easily see why he's drawing such little interest this year.

Oh, darn!

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - BengalYankee - 01-29-2023

(01-28-2023, 11:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: Shhhh! Don't even suggest they're not going to win it all..If you do you'll have to hand in your Queen City badge and just be a queen..

[Image: blazing-saddles.gif]

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - Emphasis - 01-29-2023

Remember when we were just hoping to win a playoff game and get the monkey off our back? This team has come a very long way, and win or lose it feels damn good to be a Bengals fan right now.

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - bengalfan74 - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 08:38 AM)Emphasis Wrote: Remember when we were just hoping to win a playoff game and get the monkey off our back? This team has come a very long way, and win or lose it feels damn good to be a Bengals fan right now.

Yes I do

And it feels so good to finally, really, be relevant. Indeed, it's a new era.

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - SHRacerX - 01-29-2023

(01-28-2023, 10:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We’re not dreaming.  It’s really happening.

The Cincinnati Bengals are in a second consecutive AFC Championship game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Last year was a huge win at Arrowhead Stadium and, most likely, the Bengals will win another conference championship and go to another Super Bowl and this time win it all.  All the signals point to history being made and the first of many Lombardi Trophies will soon grace the display case at Paycor Stadium.

However, in the off chance Kansas City wins tomorrow I will still consider the 2022-23 season a gigantic success.  Our team is among the best in the league and with the current roster and coaching staff I don’t see this changing for many years.  The Cincinnati Bengals are quietly becoming a dynasty.

Completely agree.  This has been my favorite Bengals team of all time to watch.  Absolutely love it.  I really think they are more battle tested, deeper, and will be ready to beat KC on the road.  Should there be some fluky turnovers or bad officiating and they lose, I will just be grumpy for a few days and then come to the realization that they will be in this thing every year Burrow is under center.  

Part of the reason I really want THIS team to win is guys like Bates, who may well not be here next year, that put up with all the crap early in his career when they were struggling and helped to TRANSFORM this franchise.  I want the Lombardi for guys like Bates, and so many others that are here now and helped turn this franchise in to a legit contender. 

RE: It’s a New Era in Cincinnati - The American Dream - 01-29-2023

I got made fun of for years and years for being a Bengals fan, so its nice now to shut everybody up with how we have been doing these past two seasons.Usually, we would have been happy just to get to this point.But **** that:I want to win the whole damn thing.