Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Around the NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Around-the-NFL)
+--- Thread: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... (/Thread-Denver-s-situation-ought-to-be-fun-to-watch)

Pages: 1 2

Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Sled21 - 02-10-2023

On one hand, you have Russell Wilson, who I had no idea was this big a diva, bringing his own doctors, trainers etc., into the facility. He also evidently has a tent on the sideline for his "entourage"

On the other hand, you have new coach Sean Payton coming in and saying "Yeah, that's not happening here"

Get the popcorn ready....PopcornPopcornPopcorn

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Housh - 02-10-2023

Glad it wasn’t and my team lol

Honestly the crazy part is this stuff only became an issue when he stopped winning games

When they say winning cures all they are not playing

I still love Russell tho. He’s been my second fave QB for a long minute now and him being quirky isn’t gonna change my feelings towards him.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Stewy - 02-10-2023

Russ has been a diva for years. It was one reason why Seattle traded him. Russ's head became bigger than the team. Good to see Peyton won't cater to the diva.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - basballguy - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 01:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: Russ has been a diva for years.  It was one reason why Seattle traded him.  Russ's head became bigger than the team.  Good to see Peyton won't cater to the diva.

I've only been in Denver for about 6 months but the local sentiment is far different from the national...it's quite strange.  

He has his own QB "coach" and his own private office at the stadium?  That doesn't mean "diva" that means he's got a different level of commitment than other QBs...which I could probably buy into as a fan.  Clearly it didn't work though.  

Will definitely be interesting to see what kind of impact Payton has on the whole thing.  

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Stewy - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 04:02 PM)basballguy Wrote: I've only been in Denver for about 6 months but the local sentiment is far different from the national...it's quite strange.  

He has his own QB "coach" and his own private office at the stadium?  That doesn't mean "diva" that means he's got a different level of commitment than other QBs...which I could probably buy into as a fan.  Clearly it didn't work though.  

Will definitely be interesting to see what kind of impact Payton has on the whole thing.  

I wasn't basing it off Denver reports, but ones from Seattle.  Where there had been constant reports of "Wilson's" camps said this, Wilson's camp said this.  Wilson's camp is peeved because of X.  Wilson's camp is peeved because of Y.  That isn't the press making things up.  That's Russ's people talking to the press on his behalf to get his way.  "Let Russ Cook" was started by his people, not the press or fans.  And if he didn't like it, he just had to tell his people to STFU, which he did not do.  My Sister is a huge hawks fan and has been in Seattle for 20+ years.  He's a diva and his entourage was/is a huge part of the problem.  They weren't sad to see him go.  Good for Peyton, laying down the law and calling an end to the BS.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - basballguy - 02-11-2023

(02-10-2023, 09:58 PM)Stewy Wrote: I wasn't basing it off Denver reports, but ones from Seattle.  Where there had been constant reports of "Wilson's" camps said this, Wilson's camp said this.  Wilson's camp is peeved because of X.  Wilson's camp is peeved because of Y.  That isn't the press making things up.  That's Russ's people talking to the press on his behalf to get his way.  "Let Russ Cook" was started by his people, not the press or fans.  And if he didn't like it, he just had to tell his people to STFU, which he did not do.  My Sister is a huge hawks fan and has been in Seattle for 20+ years.  He's a diva and his entourage was/is a huge part of the problem.  They weren't sad to see him go.  Good for Peyton, laying down the law and calling an end to the BS.

Ya those Seattle reports (i guess) morphed into national opinion.  I just found it odd the locals didn't see it that way...granted i didn't conduct a poll of the entire city and maybe had the conversation with 10 people during the season.

I think Payton will fix the Russ situation.  Or we'll find out that Pete Carroll is an amazing coach.  (He did seem to turn Geno Smith around)

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - basballguy - 02-24-2023

The Athletic is on a smear campaign today with Russ acting like the whole office situation is new news. We knew about it during the season but I don’t remember how far back it was.

He might be a diva but damn they’re blasting him.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - XenoMorph - 02-24-2023

(02-24-2023, 01:46 PM)basballguy Wrote: The Athletic is on a smear campaign today with Russ acting like the whole office situation is new news.  We knew about it during the season but I don’t remember how far back it was.  

He might be a diva but damn they’re blasting him.

saw a tweet somewhere one of his former teammates said russ body was like a sack of potatoes  lol

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Sled21 - 03-01-2023

(02-10-2023, 04:02 PM)basballguy Wrote: I've only been in Denver for about 6 months but the local sentiment is far different from the national...it's quite strange.  

No, the personal coaches etc. just mean he's not listening to the coaches the team hired to coach the players. And a sideline tent for his "entourage" is way over the top. 

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Stewy - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 10:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, the personal coaches etc. just mean he's not listening to the coaches the team hire to coach the players. And a sideline tent for his "entourage" is way over the top. 

Agreed.  Just another example of his "Me First" "Let Russ eat (is that the dumb phrase?)" attitude.  Hope Peyton brings down the law, and brings Russ back to reality.  Mahommes actually needs one of those AFC West teams to live up to the hype and give him some trouble.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - SunsetBengal - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 04:14 PM)Stewy Wrote: Agreed.  Just another example of his "Me First" "Let Russ eat (is that the dumb phrase?)" attitude.  Hope Peyton brings down the law, and brings Russ back to reality.  Mahommes actually needs one of those AFC West teams to live up to the hype and give him some trouble.

The Chargers with a healthy OL could be that trouble.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Stewy - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 05:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Chargers with a healthy OL could be that trouble.

I've never believed in Herbert.  At least Wilson has won something before.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-08-2023

Was also surprised Sean Payton went there. But he could turn around that Offense and they could be decent, but RW seems
like he really fell off last year, missing throws all the time, wasn't nearly as dangerous running with the football etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Broncos draft a QB.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - THE PISTONS - 03-13-2023

They seem to be prioritizing offensive line.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Soonerpeace - 03-18-2023

(03-08-2023, 07:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was also surprised Sean Payton went there. But he could turn around that Offense and they could be decent, but RW seems
like he really fell off last year, missing throws all the time, wasn't nearly as dangerous running with the football etc.

If I think there’s one area the more veteran coaches miss on is veteran players. They aren’t objective. They put to much emphasis on what they’ve accomplished. I’m no expert or wonderkind here but Russ was Mahomes, Deshaun, Lamar etc. first so to speak. Teams are more designed to combat those QB’s now.

(03-08-2023, 07:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was also surprised Sean Payton went there. But he could turn around that Offense and they could be decent, but RW seems

If I think there’s one area the more veteran coaches miss on is veteran players. They aren’t objective. They put to much emphasis on what they’ve accomplished. I’m no expert or wonderkind here but Russ was Mahomes, Deshaun, Lamar etc. first. Teams are more designed to combat those QB’s.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 01:40 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If I think there’s one area the more veteran coaches miss on is veteran players. They aren’t objective. They put to much emphasis on what they’ve accomplished. I’m no expert or wonderkind here but Russ was Mahomes, Deshaun, Lamar etc. first so to speak. Teams are more designed to combat those QB’s now.

Still think Payton can accomplish more, dude is pretty damn smart. That D is pretty stacked and he is an Offensive mind and he 
brought in 2 big FA's for the OL right off the bat, best way to build a team. I do agree the new NFL knows how to manage the 
running QB better now, that is what is so awesome about Burrow, it is built from the pocket and if it breaks down, he will surprise
you and run for a first down or better.

I think RW has seriously fell off from what I watched last year and I always liked him.

(03-18-2023, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still think Payton can accomplish more, dude is pretty damn smart. That D is pretty stacked and he is an Offensive mind and he 
brought in 2 big FA's for the OL right off the bat, best way to build a team. I do agree the new NFL knows how to manage the 
running QB better now, that is what is so awesome about Burrow, it is built from the pocket and if it breaks down, he will surprise
you and run for a first down or better.

I think RW has seriously fell off from what I watched last year and I always liked him.

I don’t think he will have much success. He sure didn’t without Drew Brees. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s an excellent coach just think Denver is a mess without much of a bright future. Jimmy Johnson a hell of a coach but he didn’t do much with the Dolphins.

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 02:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t think he will have much success. He sure didn’t without Drew Brees. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s an excellent coach just think Denver is a mess without much of a bright future. Jimmy Johnson a hell of a coach but he didn’t do much with the Dolphins.

Hope you are right honestly, dislike the Broncos big time, they are my local team. I have Bronco and stealer fans all around me. Sick

RE: Denver's situation ought to be fun to watch.... - jason - 03-19-2023

(03-01-2023, 09:32 PM)Stewy Wrote: I've never believed in Herbert.  At least Wilson has won something before.

I'm pretty sure Herbert would've been just fine with the Legion of Boom. Wilson won when he was a game manager.