Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement (/Thread-Wyatt-Hubert-coming-out-of-retirement)

Pages: 1 2

Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - SunsetBengal - 03-01-2023

Championship!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-bengals-defensive-end-coming-out-of-retirement/ar-AA185vCF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0c9504622ebc4b26870969a2804da733&ei=53

Seriously, hope that Wyatt is feeling rejuvenated, and ready to give his all to make the team.

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - Housh - 03-01-2023

More guys should do this if they feel unhealthy

I know some guys do interviews and say they dealt with the same injuries for their whole career. More players should retire at 30-32 and more players should take break years.

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - Sled21 - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 09:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Championship!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-bengals-defensive-end-coming-out-of-retirement/ar-AA185vCF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0c9504622ebc4b26870969a2804da733&ei=53

Seriously, hope that Wyatt is feeling rejuvenated, and ready to give his all to make the team.

I assume the Bengals still have his rights if he unretires. 

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - CJD - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I assume the Bengals still have his rights if he unretires. 

"Mitchell tells me, “Wyatt is coming out of retirement, he’s back to 100% physically and missed the game a lot over the last 6-7 months. Given the #Bengals’ depth at edge rusher, we wanted the chance to pursue opportunities for him elsewhere so they agreed to set him free.”

I don't know how reliable this MLFootball person is, but if what they say is true, it looks like the Bengals willingly waived him so he could pursue other opportunities.

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - TecmoBengals - 03-01-2023

I wonder if the Bengals have any genuine interest in retaining him?

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - XenoMorph - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 12:10 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote:  

"Mitchell tells me, “Wyatt is coming out of retirement, he’s back to 100% physically and missed the game a lot over the last 6-7 months. Given the #Bengals’ depth at edge rusher, we wanted the chance to pursue opportunities for him elsewhere so they agreed to set him free.”

I don't know how reliable this MLFootball person is, but if what they say is true, it looks like the Bengals willingly waived him so he could pursue other opportunities.

Best of Luck to the young man. may he find a team

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - Housh - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 12:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals have any genuine interest in retaining him?

F*** no

Dude wasn’t good. Camp body for sure if anything. You never know, maybe the year of rest rejuvenates him and he turns into another guy we can use. But i don’t see it

(03-01-2023, 02:26 PM)Housh Wrote: F*** no

Dude wasn’t good. Camp body for sure if anything. You never know, maybe the year of rest rejuvenates him and he turns into another guy we can use. But i don’t see it

Plus we already released him so No lol

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 02:26 PM)Housh Wrote: F*** no

He was good in college, I agree I don't see it, but I also won't throw it out of the realm of possibilities that he is somewhat productive
somewhere, just doubt it is here. We can draft an End better than Wyatt Hubert. He was a 7th round pick for a reason.

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - JumboTron - 03-01-2023

If there was ever a thread that screamed "OFF-SEASON" this is definitely it.

(03-01-2023, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He was good in college, I agree I don't see it, but I also won't throw it out of the realm of possibilities that he is somewhat productive
somewhere, just doubt it is here. We can draft an End better than Wyatt Hubert. He was a 7th round pick for a reason.

It's picks like Hubert that confuse me so much. Why do punters routinely go undrafted when they can handily win a job in training camp when players like Hubert can get injured, retire and then come back and the Bengals don't even care to retain him? Just spend the 7th round pick on the punter. that can make your roster...

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - jj22 - 03-01-2023

Hubert had good tape and "motor" as they like in their players. Never saw him in action so not sure if it translated.

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - TecmoBengals - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 02:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Plus we already released him so No lol

Oops, I overlooked this!  Hilarious

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - SunsetBengal - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 03:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's picks like Hubert that confuse me so much. Why do punters routinely go undrafted when they can handily win a job in training camp when players like Hubert can get injured, retire and then come back and the Bengals don't even care to retain him? Just spend the 7th round pick on the punter. that can make your roster...

Because every once in a while, a TJ Houshmanzadah comes along and proves how valuable that 7th round pick can be.  Cool

(03-01-2023, 03:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because every once in a while, a TJ Houshmanzadah comes along and proves how valuable that 7th round pick can be.  Cool

I guess haha. I just think it's funny. "Here we got a guy who is one injury away from not even being worth a camp body spot. What do you think? Throw a 7th round pick at him just in case he totally outperforms his entire scouting profile?"

(03-01-2023, 03:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I guess haha. I just think it's funny. "Here we got a guy who is one injury away from not even being worth a camp body spot. What do you think? Throw a 7th round pick at him just in case he totally outperforms his entire scouting profile?"

If you think that the draft is a crap shoot now, how about back in the days before there was even cable TV to see games from outside your market?  No wonder the draft went something like 20+ rounds, and scouts had printed magazines with stats and standings of teams and conferences that they had never even heard of, let alone visited to actually view a player in a game.

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - Mike M (the other one) - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 03:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you think that the draft is a crap shoot now, how about back in the days before there was even cable TV to see games from outside your market?  No wonder the draft went something like 20+ rounds, and scouts had printed magazines with stats and standings of teams and conferences that they had never even heard of, let alone visited to actually view a player in a game.

No need to visit them all, just send ketchup bottles... oh wait, you talking back before smart phones

(03-01-2023, 03:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No need to visit them all, just send ketchup bottles... oh wait, you talking back before smart phones

Hell, I'm talking even before bag phones..

RE: Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement - Stewy - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 03:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I guess haha. I just think it's funny. "Here we got a guy who is one injury away from not even being worth a camp body spot. What do you think? Throw a 7th round pick at him just in case he totally outperforms his entire scouting profile?"

Channeling some inner John Madden here.

I mean teams find gems in the draft all the time late.  Some guys outperform their scouting profile and many never live up to it.