Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE (/Thread-If-Bijan-is-number-1-on-our-big-board-and-he%E2%80%99s-still-there-around-pick-18-20-we-HAVE)

Pages: 1 2

If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Housh - 04-13-2023

To at least THINK about trading up right?

I think RB being a low value position makes people forget what a GREAT RB can do for an offense.

If this kid is 2023 Jamal Charles then we need to go get him. Keep in mind my trade scenarios only activate if he’s magically there at around pick 20. If Bijan picks up more steam the deal would have to be huge

Like our 1st, 2nd and maybe 2 more picks past round 4 or 5

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - CJD - 04-13-2023

(04-13-2023, 09:43 AM)Housh Wrote: To at least THINK about trading up right?

I think RB being a low value position makes people forget what a GREAT RB can do for an offense.

If this kid is 2023 Jamal Charles then we need to go get him. Keep in mind my trade scenarios only activate if he’s magically there at around pick 20. If Bijan picks up more steam the deal would have to be huge

I just threw up in my mouth reading this sentence haha. 

Trade up costs have gotten out of control. 

Bijan would be a fine pick if he falls to 28 or if the trade up cost a 3rd rounder or something, that would be fine, but if we gave up 4 picks for him, we'd be idiots. We are about to enter the expensive years of our franchise with Chase, Higgins and Burrow all about to make huge money. We should be amassing more picks, not giving them away. We're going to need as much cost controlled talent as we can get.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - SunsetBengal - 04-13-2023

Easy Housh, Bijan ain't no Ricky Williams.   Ninja

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Mike M (the other one) - 04-13-2023

I think we should let him fall more to our pick, if he doesn't then Oh well, we can get someone else that helps and keep our picks.

Bengals in their history have enough Dumb-dumb draft day moves, i'd rather not add another

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Synric - 04-13-2023

Trading up is where the positional value comes into it for me. I don't mind seeing a running back in the first round but multiple day 1 and day 2 picks I can't get on that train. Now if say Broderick Jones slides to late teens I may consider it. I doubt that though too many teams need a tackle specifically at 14, 17 and 19.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Hammerstripes - 04-13-2023

The only time I would consider moving up to get him is if I could use a 4th rounder and go up a few spots. I don't think it's worth it to give up anything more than that.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - depthchart - 04-13-2023

Jahmyr Gibbs 5 foot 11  201 pounds 4.36 forty seems to be more like Jamaal Charles 5 foot 11  200 pounds ran a 4.38 forty. 

Gibbs can likely be available with a trade up in round 2.

I do prefer Bijan Robinson 6 foot 220 pounds 4.46 forty over Gibbs and I would not mind a few spots trade up in round 1 to get him. I also like Gibbs as a round 2 option should the Bengals not get Bijan. 

Breece Hall was considered to be a very good prospect in 2022 and he fell to round 2 pick #36 in the 2022 Draft, so Bijan could possibly fall to the Bengals in round 1 or not.

It will be interesting to see what the Bengals do at the running back position during this Draft. They may have another back they like besides Bijan and Gibbs and as of now they still have Mixon.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Bengalholic - 04-13-2023

I'm a huge Bijan fan and would love to have him on this team, but the only scenario where I would trade up for him is if he's still there at 25 and you think the Cowboys are definitely taking him at 26, like almost every mock seems to have right now. 

Even then, I would want to do something like a pick swap instead of losing a pick...say 28 and 92 for 25 and 128, which is fair value.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Jpoore - 04-13-2023

He’s a running back in one of the best and deepest rb classes in a long time. I’m good until rd4

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-13-2023

(04-13-2023, 10:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I just threw up in my mouth reading this sentence haha. 

Bijan would be a fine pick if he falls to 28 or if the trade up cost a 3rd rounder or something, that would be fine, but if we gave up 4 picks for him, we'd be idiots. We are about to enter the expensive years of our franchise with Chase, Higgins and Burrow all about to make huge money. We should be amassing more picks, not giving them away. We're going to need as much cost controlled talent as we can get.

This. If Bijan falls to us I would be ecstatic with the pick, but I am not trading up for anybody in the first round this Draft at this 
time with all these extensions we will be needing to make. We need to be roster building in this Draft and hope we can hit on some
future stars and we will need as many picks as possible to make this happen.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Whatever - 04-13-2023

(04-13-2023, 10:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I just threw up in my mouth reading this sentence haha. 

Per the trade value chart, our 1st and 2nd gets us to 17.  Our 1st and 3rd gets us in between 21 and 22.  

I'd be ok with it in this situation.  Yes, you give up a Day 2 pick, but you gain a lot of cap space since you can release Mixon.  That cap space has to be factored into the deal.  We basically upgrade at RB and can likely get a player or players in FA that can contribute more immediately than a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-13-2023

(04-13-2023, 01:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Per the trade value chart, our 1st and 2nd gets us to 17.  Our 1st and 3rd gets us in between 21 and 22.  

I'd be ok with it in this situation.  Yes, you give up a Day 2 pick, but you gain a lot of cap space since you can release Mixon.  That cap space has to be factored into the deal.  We basically upgrade at RB and can likely get a player or players in FA that can contribute more immediately than a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  

This makes me feel better about the idea. Still, not for it and I like Bijan a lot.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Soonerpeace - 04-13-2023

If he’s there at 28 they will pick him. That I know.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Bengalholic - 04-13-2023

(04-13-2023, 01:03 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He’s a running back in one of the best and deepest rb classes in a long time. I’m good until rd4

That gets gets thrown around a lot, but other teams are going to be taking backs as well. Look at last year when they wanted to take a TE, but there were runs on them and it just never worked out. If for some crazy reason, Robinson is there at 28...it would be insane to pass on him, IMO. He gives you everything you need from a back and it does it all at a very high level.

Not only that, but the Bengals history of drafting backs past round 2 leaves a lot to be desired.

(04-13-2023, 01:49 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If he’s there at 28 they will pick him. That I know.

For once, we agree. LOL

I mean I don't 'know' it, but it's hard to see a scenario where Bijan's sitting there for the taking and they say, 'nah, we're good'.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - ochocincos - 04-13-2023

Bijan Robinson is about the best RB prospect to come out since Saquon Barkley.
When Barkley has been consistently healthy, he's easily a 1500+ yards from scrimmage guy.
The Giants' offense (understandably) revolves around him.

I haven't quite looked at all the teams that might be wanting to upgrade the RB position before the Bengals pick at 28, but off the top of my head I could see the Chargers wanting someone with Ekeler wanting out.
Maybe Commanders if they aren't super pumped about Brian Robinson.
Or the Cardinals maybe if they don't get a QB they like?

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - Synric - 04-13-2023

(04-13-2023, 02:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For once, we agree. LOL

I mean I don't 'know' it, but it's hard to see a scenario where Bijan's sitting there for the taking and they say, 'nah, we're good'.

For me Darnell Wright is probably the only player possibly available at 28 that could make me move off Bijan Robinson. That's strictly because of need, positional value, and looking at the draft as a whole.

If I could pick one other player and only because the Bengals love to draft home town kids is Michael Mayer.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - depthchart - 04-13-2023

(04-13-2023, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bijan Robinson is about the best RB prospect to come out since Saquon Barkley.
When Barkley has been consistently healthy, he's easily a 1500+ yards from scrimmage guy.
The Giants' offense (understandably) revolves around him.

I haven't quite looked at all the teams that might be wanting to upgrade the RB position before the Bengals pick at 28, but off the top of my head I could see the Chargers wanting someone with Ekeler wanting out.
Maybe Commanders if they aren't super pumped about Brian Robinson.
Or the Cardinals maybe if they don't get a QB they like?

Breece Hall was considered to be a very good prospect in 2022 and he fell to round 2 pick #36 in the 2022 Draft. 

Breece Hall 5 foot 11 and 1/4  217 pounds 4.39 forty.   Bijan Robinson 6 foot  220 pounds 4.46 forty.

Bijan may just slip down to the Bengals or close enough for a small trade up should they want to make sure they get him.

RE: If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE - ochocincos - 04-13-2023

(04-13-2023, 02:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Breece Hall was considered to be a very good prospect in 2022 and he fell to round 2 pick #36 in the 2022 Draft. 

Breece Hall 5 foot 11 and 1/4  217 pounds 4.39 forty.   Bijan Robinson 6 foot  220 pounds 4.46 forty.

Bijan may just slip down to the Bengals or close enough for a small trade up should they want to make sure they get him.

I really liked Breece Hall (still do) but I never considered him a 1st rounder last year.
Pretty sure I had mocked him a couple times last year as a Day 2 pick.
Maybe it's just the hype of Bijan Robinson carrying that team, but I've always considered Robinson a guaranteed 1st round talent.

(04-13-2023, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I really liked Breece Hall (still do) but I never considered him a 1st rounder last year.
Pretty sure I had mocked him a couple times last year as a Day 2 pick.
Maybe it's just the hype of Bijan Robinson carrying that team, but I've always considered Robinson a guaranteed 1st round talent.

Mcshay had Breece Hall at pick 25 to Buffalo in his last Mock Pre Draft last year. 

It seems like late 1st or early 2nd was what I remember Breece Hall being projected in a lot of Mocks and he did actually go in the 2nd round day 2.

If Bijan is a lesser prospect than Saquon Barkley was at 233 pounds, yet better than Breece Hall, then late round one may be about right for Bijan.

I think the Bengals may be right in the mix for him.