Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Carman back at PBS - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Carman back at PBS (/thread-35543.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Carman back at PBS - Sled21 - 04-24-2023

Reports are Carman came in another 15-20 lbs lighter and ia looking like he put in the offseason work. I think the young man figured it out....

RE: Carman back at PBS - wanga - 04-24-2023

If he can play at his highest level this year our O Line would look very very promising next season.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Soonerpeace - 04-25-2023

(04-24-2023, 11:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Reports are Carman came in another 15-20 lbs lighter and ia looking like he put in the offseason work. I think the young man figured it out....

Well that shows he’s willing to play RT. I’ve said competition is the greatest recipe for a team. The Oklahoma women’s softball team has a ridiculous competition each week amongst a few positions and it’s working. They are 101-4 the last 2 seasons. Word is Collins is also working hard.

RE: Carman back at PBS - NATI BENGALS - 04-25-2023

As much as I want Dawand Jones. I've been a Carman fan all along too.

If I can't have Dawand then I'm rooting for Carman to win the RT job.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-25-2023

I know it is pre-season, where most stories are positive, so I tend to be skeptical. But this is encouraging, coupled with his positive play at LT in the POs last year. If he is trending in the right direction, and blossoms into a starter-level player, we couod have REALLY good OT depth this year.

I know it is a lot of ifs and buts, BUT IF Carmam leveks up, and IF Williams does not get traded l, and IF Collins bounces back....we are loaded at OT. Overloaded really. Heck 2 out of 3 would be great.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Esc33 - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 03:23 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I know it is pre-season, where most stories are positive, so I tend to be skeptical. But this is encouraging, coupled with his positive play at LT in the POs last year. If he is trending in the right direction, and blossoms into a starter-level player, we couod have REALLY good OT depth this year.

I know it is a lot of ifs and buts, BUT IF Carmam leveks up, and IF Williams does not get traded l, and IF Collins bounces back....we are loaded at OT. Overloaded really. Heck 2 out of 3 would be great.
Definitely either trading Williams or cutting Collins regardless of Carman's progress imo... there's also Cody Ford, like him or not he was brought in to play tackle not guard

RE: Carman back at PBS - Sled21 - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 03:35 AM)Esc33 Wrote: Definitely either trading Williams or cutting Collins regardless of Carman's progress imo... there's also Cody Ford, like him or not he was brought in to play tackle not guard

Yes, but Ford CAN play guard, so if Cappa or Volson get hurt, we won't have to see Adeniji in there.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Garrus - 04-25-2023

Encouraging, but still need to see him play well constantly. I want to see him dominate in the preseason before I would begin to feel comfortable with him as our RT.

RE: Carman back at PBS - masonbengals fan - 04-25-2023

Would love to see him excel at RT this year. Take control of the job early & don't let go.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Nepa - 04-25-2023

Unlike many banging the drum for a RT in the draft, the Bengals seem to have already addressed the OL very significantly in the last two years. When they added Orlando Brown, that was four starting OL added by free agency (Brown, La'el Collins, Cappa, Karras) to complement Volson through the draft, and that is not to mention they still have Jonah Williams (11th overall selection in draft), Carman (2nd round pick), and others.

Unless someone major slips, such as Wright, I don't see the need for the Bengals to go after another OL in the first round.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-25-2023

While I would be over the moon to see him succeed at RT, if Jonah is back and is the clear front-runner, I wouldn't be surprised to see Carman back at LG for competition with Volson.

Remember, Volson still isn't that great, rookie improvements or not.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Go Cards - 04-25-2023

Thinking Caman will win the RT spot, even if Jonah stays

RE: Carman back at PBS - Synric - 04-25-2023

Ted Karras has been good for Jackson Carman. At the very least Carman has put himself in the conversation as the 6th offensive lineman. You can see why Cincy drafted him though watching him drive guys off the field.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Gdale_Bengal - 04-25-2023

Literally everyone should be Carman fans right now

RE: Carman back at PBS - ochocincos - 04-25-2023

Everyone should be rooting for Carman so the Bengals don't have to spend another early draft pick on OL.
It'd be great if the first 3 picks can be between CB, TE, and RB.
Then they could just get a position-versatile OL in (early) Day 3 that can help improve the depth if they wanted.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Frank Booth - 04-25-2023

Let’s see if this 5 star second round athlete can finally crack the starting lineup in year 3

RE: Carman back at PBS - SHRacerX - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 01:48 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: As much as I want Dawand Jones. I've been a Carman fan all along too.

If I can't have Dawand then I'm rooting for Carman to win the RT job.

This.  He didn't get a lot of sympathy coming off a herniated disc his senior year, where he played with it for the last 5 games.  He wanted to win a National Championship, but Joe Burrow had other plans.

He hurt his draft stock by not being able to do the combine and I think it delayed his ability to condition properly leading up to camp.  He earned another opportunity based on how he played in the AFC Championship Game last year, IMHO.

I would LOVE to see a "Jonah for a pick" trade in this years draft.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Sled21 - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 11:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  He didn't get a lot of sympathy coming off a herniated disc his senior year, where he played with it for the last 5 games.  He wanted to win a National Championship, but Joe Burrow had other plans.

He hurt his draft stock by not being able to do the combine and I think it delayed his ability to condition properly leading up to camp.  He earned another opportunity based on how he played in the AFC Championship Game last year, IMHO.

I would LOVE to see a "Jonah for a pick" trade in this years draft.

As someone who has multiple herniated discs, I can tell you that those without them have no idea who bad and how constant the pain can be. I cannot fathom playing Pro level football with one.

RE: Carman back at PBS - bengals1969 - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 09:11 AM)Nepa Wrote: Unlike many banging the drum for a RT in the draft, the Bengals seem to have already addressed the OL very significantly in the last two years. When they added Orlando Brown, that was four starting OL added by free agency (Brown, La'el Collins, Cappa, Karras) to complement Volson through the draft, and that is not to mention they still have Jonah Williams (11th overall selection in draft), Carman (2nd round pick), and others.

Unless someone major slips, such as Wright, I don't see the need for the Bengals to go after another OL in the first round.

Agreed there is little need and forget about a stud dropping to #28. Focus on positions that beat Mahomes now in the early rounds and that’s more offense and attacking Mahomes when he’s in the pocket. More offense never hurts.

RE: Carman back at PBS - Memphis_Bengal - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 11:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As someone who has multiple herniated discs, I can tell you that those without them have no idea who bad and how constant the pain can be. I cannot fathom playing Pro level football with one.

Aint that the truth! I am dealing with one now and have been beyind frustrated at this whole process. Finally get an MRI on Thursday after two months of treatements that didn't work