Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along (/Thread-Ja%E2%80%99Marr-Chase-Was-Right-All-Along)

Pages: 1 2

Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-17-2023

Ja’Marr Chase was right. A week or so before the opening game in Cleveland he said Joe Burrow is still injured and needed to sit for the first few games.

Nobody listened.

If anyone knows Joe Burrow it’s Ja’Marr Chase. They played together for years and if Ja’Marr says Joe isn’t 100% ready I believe him.

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - casear2727 - 09-17-2023

Chase just wanted Zac to play a QB who would throw him the ball.

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - basballguy - 09-17-2023

yeap

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - reuben.ahmed - 09-17-2023

ja'marr smarter than zac. maybe he should yell at the coach, use your weight, they ain't firing a ja'marr chase. lol too late now

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - TheCincinnatiKid - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Chase just wanted Zac to play a QB who would throw him the ball.

I mean, is that Burrow right now?

Joe should've sat Week 1 at the least. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but surely they can't have seen much from Burrow to show he was ready for Cleveland.

Better this week and hopefully better moving forward, that's all I can say.

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - Destro - 09-17-2023

Burrow wants to play and help us win. I appreciate that.
If he is capable of that may be a different story.
Got to pull the pitcher, sometimes.

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:48 PM)Destro Wrote: Got to pull the pitcher, sometimes.

It’s time for Zac Taylor to channel his inner Sparky Anderson and go yank the starter. Sparky used to pull starters before they got into trouble and Zac needs to sit Joe for the sake of his health and career.

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - Joelist - 09-17-2023

Considering how poorly Chase has played (he should have held on to that TD easily and has been FAR too easily covered this season) he has no room to talk about anything.

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - THE PISTONS - 09-17-2023

Did he have any comments about throwing a bunch of 0 yard passes?

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - KyBengalfan94 - 09-17-2023

Zac Taylor play calls are killing this team. Stop throwing the damn ball 2 yards to the sidelines, and stop running the damn ball from the shotgun like you're the stupid Buckeyes

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - THE PISTONS - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 06:22 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: Zac Taylor play calls are killing this team

Yep. Coaching overall is mediocre and Burrow, Chase, and Tee making big plays covered up for it.

On defense, we're seeing that Lou isn't some genius. That having experienced safeties let's you do crazy stuff that works. And they cover up mistakes.

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - bengalfan74 - 09-17-2023

It guess Joe said in the press conference he "tweaked" his calf again late in the game. He might be looking at some more time off whether he wants it or not?

And I'm leaning very hard (now) that Joe should have taken Chases's advice. At least sat the first two.

(09-17-2023, 06:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It guess Joe said in the press conference he "tweaked" his calf again late in the game. He might be looking at some more time off whether he wants it or not?

And I'm leaning very hard (now) that Joe should have taken Chases's advice. At least sat the first two.

It's not really on Joe, I'd expect our Franchise QB to want to play almost regardless. If he feels like he can walk out onto the field, I'd think most QB's would want to try and play. 

I just don't have a clue what the coaching saw from Burrow in the build up to the Browns game and thought 'yep, he's ready'. 

Far less my sentiment this week.

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - bfine32 - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 06:34 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It's not really on Joe, I'd expect our Franchise QB to want to play almost regardless. If he feels like he can walk out onto the field, I'd think most QB's would want to try and play. 

I just don't have a clue what the coaching saw from Burrow in the build up to the Browns game and thought 'yep, he's ready'. 

Far less my sentiment this week.

There's absolutely no doubt that if we would have sat JB these past 2 weeks, went 0-2, and Joe said he was ready to play; that anyone would blame Zac for not playing him.

You guys really need to get your eggs out of one basket. 

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - Goalpost - 09-17-2023

Joe's leg didn't throw the key int. in the game.

(09-17-2023, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's absolutely no doubt that if we would have sat JB these past 2 weeks, went 0-2, and Joe said he was ready to play; that anyone would blame Zac for not playing him.

You guys really need to get your eggs out of one basket. 

Lol, and you need to stop generalising anybody who critiques the team. You seem to do it all the time.

Had Burrow sat and ZT said he wasn't ready, I'd have trusted the coach was correct. He sees the medical review and should approach it without as much of an emotive stance, as the QB who would like to play.

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - Essex Johnson - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ja’Marr Chase was right.  A week or so before the opening game in Cleveland he said Joe Burrow is still injured and needed to sit for the first few games.

Nobody listened.

If anyone knows Joe Burrow it’s Ja’Marr Chase.  They played together for years and if Ja’Marr says Joe isn’t 100% ready I believe him.

He never said that, he actually joked about Burrow be that good hurt

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - reuben.ahmed - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 06:39 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Joe's leg didn't throw the key int. in the game.

I think it did, dude is not using his back foot and just floated it out there lol.

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 05:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ja’Marr Chase was right.  A week or so before the opening game in Cleveland he said Joe Burrow is still injured and needed to sit for the first few games.

Nobody listened.

If anyone knows Joe Burrow it’s Ja’Marr Chase.  They played together for years and if Ja’Marr says Joe isn’t 100% ready I believe him.

You believe Browning gives the team a better chance to win the past two weeks?

Seriously?

Hilarious

RE: Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-17-2023

(09-17-2023, 09:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You believe Browning gives the team a better chance to win the past two weeks?

Seriously?

Hilarious

Here is the question and I don’t know the answer: Is an injured Joe Burrow better than a healthy Jake Browning? My concern right now is for Joe Burrow’s long term viability.