Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed (/Thread-If-Burrow-is-out-Zac-will-be-exposed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - Synric - 11-26-2023

(11-26-2023, 07:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel Browning will only improve. His issue today was progressing through reads. Even though he said he wasn't "back there to pat the baby" he did it a few times. I can see us winning Jax, IND, Pitv2.

I thought the coaches did Browning a disservice by not letting him run the RPOs. They are a huge part of the rushing offense. The RPO WR screens they run 5 or 6 times a week should be automatic for the offense no matter the QB.

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - BengalYankee - 11-26-2023

(11-24-2023, 07:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: White and black alternate helmets. 

Who Dey

We had a very good record with Orange shirts and Black pants. I am assuming we had 1 or 0 losses with that combo. Hmm

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - bfine32 - 11-26-2023

(11-26-2023, 07:20 PM)Synric Wrote: I thought the coaches did Browning a disservice by not letting him run the RPOs. They are a huge part of the rushing offense. The RPO WR screens they run 5 or 6 times a week should be automatic for the offense no matter the QB.

I too would have liked to see Browning given chances to move outside the pocket. Maybe now that they have him on tape; they'll adjust. 

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - Nicomo Cosca - 11-26-2023

(11-26-2023, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anyone with rational thought understands today was pretty good for a QB making his first start in the NFL. The unfortunate part is rationality is usually not in high-supply after a loss to the Steelers.

We were about 2 plays (INT/BS call) from winning against a tough division rival. Besides JB we were down a starting CB and WR. I fear folks hoping for losing out may be disappointed,

It’s perfectly rational to criticize Zac for giving Mixon 8 carries in a close game, with a backup QB making his first NFL start.

Dude’s aversion to running the ball is becoming a complex.

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - Synric - 11-26-2023

(11-26-2023, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I too would have liked to see Browning given chances to move outside the pocket. Maybe now that they have him on tape; they'll adjust. 

I know you hate all the Chase sweeps and usually 1000% agree but this week it's like you don't try it now of all weeks? Lol

(11-26-2023, 07:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s perfectly rational to criticize Zac for giving Mixon 8 carries in a close game, with a backup QB making his first NFL start.

Dude’s aversion to running the ball is becoming a complex.

The short passing game is our run game. If it were a better average than 8 carries for 16 yards then I might agree. I suppose we could have given Mixon 20 carries; at least he woulda got 40 yards

(11-26-2023, 07:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I know you hate all the Chase sweeps and usually 1000% agree but this week it's like you don't try it now of all weeks? Lol

Sure, but with Charlie instead of Chase. 

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - Destro - 11-26-2023

He holds the ball far too long when he should throw it away and he tends to sail his passes high. These are fixable, I believe.

(11-26-2023, 07:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The short passing game is our run game. If it were a better average than 8 carries for 16 yards then I might agree. I suppose we could have given Mixon 20 carries; at least he woulda got 40 yards

How many targets did Mixon have in the passing game? Whatever is was didn’t feel like enough.

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - NUGDUKWE - 11-26-2023

(11-26-2023, 07:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The short passing game is our run game. If it were a better average than 8 carries for 16 yards then I might agree. I suppose we could have given Mixon 20 carries; at least he woulda got 40 yards

Mixon had 2 catches for 44 yds. Do you see how the avg thing works? It doesn't automatically if he had 8 catches he would have 168yds if your wondering.
It also goes beyond this game. We've still thrown 2 twice as much as we've rushed and Mixon has avg. 4yds a carry. Why do we also refuse to use any other RB? 

(11-26-2023, 07:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How many targets did Mixon have in the passing game? Whatever is was didn’t feel like enough.

Or Chase Brown for that matter. Or say the season and say why haven't we give more opportunities to Evans or Williams? 

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - WeezyBengal - 11-26-2023

The staff did absolutely nothing to help Browning in this game...just like they do nothing to help Burrow.

Can't scheme guys open, can't get the ball to play makers in space creatively, don't lean on the run. Just so bad.

(11-26-2023, 08:26 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Or Chase Brown for that matter. Or say the season and say why haven't we give more opportunities to Evans or Williams? 

Yep. Has to be the most one dimensional offense in the league.

(11-26-2023, 08:25 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Mixon had 2 catches for 44 yds. Do you see how the avg thing works? It doesn't automatically if he had 8 catches he would have 168yds if your wondering.
It also goes beyond this game. We've still thrown 2 twice as much as we've rushed and Mixon has avg. 4yds a carry. Why do we also refuse to use any other RB? 

IDK why we don't use other RBs, but I do know why we are so pass-heavy. We have the highest-paid best young QB (maybe second best Stroud is looking good) in the NFL. Sorta the same reason KC has thrown twice as much as ran. The difference is: They have better RBs and worse WRs

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - Soonerpeace - 11-26-2023

This but the run game is a joke

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-26-2023

(11-26-2023, 10:15 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You wasted a lot of time. I don’t disagree with much of that. I never said Zac had never crossed paths or that he’d never met him before. I said that Mike Brown was very much wanting Frank Pollack. I never once said Zac was dragged kicking and screaming. But I stand by my original comments. Frank…. Mike wanted.

It’s amazing how quickly you went from not even being a fan of this team to knowing what Mike Brown wants in private.

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - THE PISTONS - 11-26-2023

(11-26-2023, 08:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Has to be the most one dimensional offense in the league.

It's been that way 3 years. Higgins would just catch crazy 50/50 balls deep and Chase would catch a 12 yard throw and take it 65 yards.

When the big plays are gone. We struggle.

(11-26-2023, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK why we don't use other RBs, but I do know why we are so pass-heavy. We have the highest-paid best young QB (maybe second best Stroud is looking good) in the NFL. Sorta the same reason KC has thrown twice as much as ran. The difference is: They have better RBs and worse WRs

Well Burrow was the literally the worst QB in the league when we were asking him to do that on one leg. I'm also wondering if his wrist was an injury originally sustained during that stretch. That's really my main point on running the ball. I get the argument when Burrow is healthy but unfortunately you have to make the running game a point of emphasis if you want to do it consistently when you need it.

RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - THE PISTONS - 11-26-2023

(11-26-2023, 09:17 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well Burrow was the literally the worst QB in the league when we were asking him to do that on one leg. I'm also wondering if his wrist was an injury originally sustained during that stretch. That's really my main point on running the ball. I get the argument when Burrow is healthy but unfortunately you have to make the running game a point of emphasis if you want to do it consistently when you need it.

If you drop any qb back to throw 40 to 50 times a game against top pass rushes...They're going to get him and eventually hurt.

(11-26-2023, 09:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If you drop any qb back to throw 40 to 50 times a game against top pass rushes...They're going to get him and eventually hurt.

I agree really. I think Zacs philosophy is to put everything on the QB. We need to focus on the run game and setting up guys for yards after the catch.