Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) (/Thread-Bengals-only-team-remaining-still-using-slit-film-turf-in-2024-1-of-3-right-now)

Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - reuben.ahmed - 12-21-2023

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39160889/vikings-changing-artificial-turfs-cite-better-injury-data

"slit-film turf, which is associated with the highest rate of lower extremity noncontact injuries among the types of artificial turfs used in NFL stadiums"

Apparently will be only team still using that in the 2024 season.

RE: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - WhodeyRay - 12-22-2023

It's funny you bring this up. I am doing renovations on the athletic complexes at both high schools in the district I work for. Turf nation, aka Maumee Bay turf, is putting new turf in paycore after the season ends. I was just talking with the owner today about it. They are putting in some new hybrid turf stuff that is the same as sofi stadium.

RE: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - sandwedge - 12-22-2023

(12-22-2023, 12:35 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: It's funny you bring this up. I am doing renovations on the athletic complexes at both high schools in the district I work for. Turf nation, aka Maumee Bay turf, is putting new turf in paycore after the season ends. I was just talking with the owner today about it. They are putting in some new hybrid turf stuff that is the same as sofi stadium.

So we are getting new turf then?

RE: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - kevin - 12-22-2023

Good, you don't want them playing on turf that is slit.

RE: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - reuben.ahmed - 12-22-2023

(12-22-2023, 12:35 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: It's funny you bring this up. I am doing renovations on the athletic complexes at both high schools in the district I work for. Turf nation, aka Maumee Bay turf, is putting new turf in paycore after the season ends. I was just talking with the owner today about it. They are putting in some new hybrid turf stuff that is the same as sofi stadium.

OK that's nice! I think that article states Bengals are the only team to not change out for 2024 though, so hopefully they switch up. Burrow likes playing on turf, but he wishes everyone had the same turf (even grass fields, I think).

RE: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - Science Friction - 12-22-2023

I am kinda partial to slit. It's fun to play on.

RE: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - pally - 12-22-2023

(12-22-2023, 09:25 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: OK that's nice! I think that article states Bengals are the only team to not change out for 2024 though, so hopefully they switch up. Burrow likes playing on turf, but he wishes everyone had the same turf (even grass fields, I think).

RE: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - sandwedge - 12-22-2023

(12-22-2023, 05:57 PM)pally Wrote:  

Good to know hopefully it gets done

RE: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - Synric - 12-23-2023

I remember this from the Titans game too.

RE: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - QueenCity - 12-23-2023

Hopefully a logo change at mid-field comes along with it

RE: Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now) - PCB Bengal Fan - 12-23-2023

(12-23-2023, 11:39 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Hopefully a logo change at mid-field comes along with it

The helmet should be the mid-field logo, of course white helmet on those special days.