Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: { All Things Biden & Trump } (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Things-Biden-Trump)
+---- Thread: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation (/Thread-Trump-reminded-Biden-he-secured-the-border-without-new-legislation)

Pages: 1 2

Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Luvnit2 - 01-31-2024

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-bidens-demand-legislation-secure-border-i-didnt-have-a-bill

Just look at the numbers, yes Biden has not secured the border and also stopped or let run out Trump policies. Biden owns the poor immigration policy that created the crisis.Also, the Democrats had 100% of the house and Senate on 1st day he took office, yet no new immigration laws from Democrats and now he wants new immigration law with GOP controlled house??
Trump swipes at Biden's demand for legislation to secure the border: 'I didn't have a bill'
Trump's comments come after Biden claimed he has 'done all I can do' on the border

Former President Trump took an apparent swipe at President Biden amid White House calls for a border security deal that he "didn’t have a bill" when his administration had "the most secure border in history."

Trump’s comments Wednesday came after Biden earlier this week claimed he had done everything he could do to secure the U.S. border.

Biden told reporters as he was departing the White House on Tuesday that "I've done all I can do. Just give me the power."

"I asked them the very day I got into office," Biden said. "Give me the Border Patrol. Give me the judges. Give me the people who can stop this."

Trump, the 2024 GOP front-runner, appeared to contradict Biden’s claim and urged Republicans to avoid entering the border deal, which is still being negotiated in the Senate.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - NATI BENGALS - 01-31-2024

Well then who is this dumbass on tv pleading with congress to “pass a bill that ends this crisis”?

https://youtu.be/_iHoIkfjOs4?si=eoedT8rSkg1rm0rg

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Belsnickel - 01-31-2024

(01-31-2024, 09:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well then who is this dumbass on tv pleading with congress to “pass a bill that ends this crisis”?

https://youtu.be/_iHoIkfjOs4?si=eoedT8rSkg1rm0rg

It's a cult. They will ignore anything that goes against their worldview.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - pally - 01-31-2024

Do you know why the border isn't secure? Because every action was done without legislation. Putting a bandaid on something is not solving the problem. It just covers up the infection so that it festers. It also helps that Trump was aided by a global pandemic that gave him emergency powers not available to Biden

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - CKwi88 - 01-31-2024

(01-31-2024, 10:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's a cult. They will ignore anything that goes against their worldview.

Don't use meany words. 

Something, something snowflakes.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Stewy - 02-01-2024

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Belsnickel - 02-01-2024

(01-31-2024, 11:17 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Don't use meany words. 

Something, something snowflakes.

I mean, definition 2a in MW fits the MAGA movement. If they don't want to be called a cult then they shouldn't engage in cult behavior.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - BigPapaKain - 02-01-2024

Honestly, what Stewy said.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Stewy - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 08:55 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Honestly, what Stewy said.

I like to keep my political analysis simple.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Nately120 - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 08:34 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, definition 2a in MW fits the MAGA movement. If they don't want to be called a cult then they shouldn't engage in cult behavior.

Amusingly enough, the cultiest thing they did was respond to Trump's sexual offenses with the whole "Trump can grab my/my wife's/etc p****" responses.  That's the cultiest thing...the leader having sex with your wives/daughters is an honor and a blessing.

Cult leader:

1. take it from me, things are bad and very soon things will be untenable
2. only I can do/fix this
3. I can have sex with whomever I want
4. give me your money, it'll pay off in the long run
5. listen to me, your family, your own eyes, the media, everyone else is lying to you

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - NATI BENGALS - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 05:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Amusingly enough, the cultiest thing they did was respond to Trump's sexual offenses with the whole "Trump can grab my/my wife's/etc p****" responses.  That's the cultiest thing...the leader having sex with your wives/daughters is an honor and a blessing.

Cult leader:

1. take it from me, things are bad and very soon things will be untenable
2. only I can do/fix this
3. I can have sex with whomever I want
4. give me your money, it'll pay off in the long run
5. listen to me, your family, your own eyes, the media, everyone else is lying to you

You missed a pretty big one. I didn’t need a border bill. I had the border secure all by myself.

Also send my friends money to build the border wall. It’s totally not a scam.

https://apnews.com/article/border-wall-donald-trump-steve-bannon-15db1e18f3cd46a87bc395b14b2bcf15

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Nately120 - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 11:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You missed a pretty big one. I didn’t need a border bill. I had the border secure all by myself.

https://apnews.com/article/border-wall-donald-trump-steve-bannon-15db1e18f3cd46a87bc395b14b2bcf15

The whole border thing is pretty wacky, especially since 3 of the 4 states that border Mexico are blue states aka places republicans are applauded for using taxpayer money to send illegals.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - pally - 02-02-2024

(02-01-2024, 11:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You missed a pretty big one. I didn’t need a border bill. I had the border secure all by myself.

Besides Mexico is going to pay for it. Except, of course, now he is denying he ever said that

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Arturo Bandini - 02-05-2024

[Image: GFmcwkNWMAAPL-n?format=jpg&name=medium]

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-05-2024

(02-05-2024, 08:44 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: [Image: GFmcwkNWMAAPL-n?format=jpg&name=medium]

If it's going to be that helpful to pass something that includes that, why not just pass that one section into law on its own?  

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Arturo Bandini - 02-05-2024

It's a border union patrol statement. I have no pretention to know their job better than them.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-06-2024

(02-05-2024, 11:34 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: It's a border union patrol statement. I have no pretention to know their job better than them.

I didn't ask about their job specifics. I asked why, if this new job power is so crucial to our border security, it isn't passed separately by Congress?  You know, with no strings attached.  Knowing the CBP job specifics isn't necessary to answer that question.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Belsnickel - 02-06-2024

(02-05-2024, 09:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If it's going to be that helpful to pass something that includes that, why not just pass that one section into law on its own?  

To be quite frank, even if you pulled that text out and voted on it the House would never pass it. The unfortunate reality is that the GOP is so adamant about not giving Biden a win on this topic so they can use it in the election, that they won't pass any legislation that would help him out. This isn't me saying the Democrats wouldn't do the same thing in their shoes, it's just that the GOP are the ones playing that game at this moment. They have admitted to it, after all.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - StoneTheCrow - 02-06-2024

(02-06-2024, 08:26 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: To be quite frank, even if you pulled that text out and voted on it the House would never pass it. The unfortunate reality is that the GOP is so adamant about not giving Biden a win on this topic so they can use it in the election, that they won't pass any legislation that would help him out. This isn't me saying the Democrats wouldn't do the same thing in their shoes, it's just that the GOP are the ones playing that game at this moment. They have admitted to it, after all.

Try it.

If it’s introduced in such a manner and the republicans vote it down wouldn’t that then result in a tool for the democrats to use?

Obviously that’s the narrative already, but this way there would be no excuse the republicans could use.

RE: Trump reminded Biden he secured the border without new legislation - Belsnickel - 02-06-2024

(02-06-2024, 09:23 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Try it.

If it’s introduced in such a manner and the republicans vote it down wouldn’t that then result in a tool for the democrats to use?

Obviously that’s the narrative already, but this way there would be no excuse the republicans could use.

The Democrats won't do it because they would end up embarrassed. Either they fail to pass it because not enough of their members would vote for it as a stand-alone because they don't like it, or it passed with mostly Republican support.

This is the problem with partisan politics. They get in the way of actual governing. Both sides of the aisle are focused more on the optics and maintaining or gaining power rather than running the country.