Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants (/Thread-California-home-of-freebies-for-illegal-immigrants)

Pages: 1 2 3

California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Luvnit2 - 02-03-2024

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/illegal-migrants-reportedly-escaping-nyc-california-could-eligible-slew-free-benefits

They can't beat it, better than NYC, the state with one of the highest number (if not the highest) of illegal immigrants are free from deportation and get free health care. Meanwhile California homeless get nothing. Who feels US citizens she be taken care of first?

America first, vote Trump and Republican'

Illegal migrants reportedly escaping NYC to California could be eligible for numerous free benefits
Starting Jan. 1, illegal migrants were eligible to receive free health care benefits, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced
The four illegal migrants arrested and charged with violently attacking New York City police officers and released without bail have reportedly fled to California, a sanctuary state.

It’s unclear whether the Golden State will work with the state of New York to return the men to be prosecuted for their alleged crimes or whether the Department of Homeland Security will work to deport the individuals.

California law restricts state officers from assisting U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents in deporting migrants. There are also numerous taxpayer-funded programs from which illegal migrants generally can benefit.
Gov. Gavin Newsom announced in January California would begin providing health care coverage to an additional 764,000 illegal immigrants on top of the 1.1 million already in the Medi-Cal system, California’s version of Medicaid.
California has been incrementally adding illegal immigrants to the Medi-Cal program since 2015. That was the year it made undocumented children eligible. Four years later, it added adults 50 and older.

The expansion means illegal immigrants will also be eligible for hormone and sex-change surgeries subsidized by taxpayer dollars.

Nearly 700,000 illegal immigrants between the ages of 26 and 49 qualify, as of Jan. 1, for these federal health care services, which will cost California taxpayers an estimated $3.1 billion. For those living in California illegally within this age range, it translates to approximately $4,058 per year in medical coverage subsidies funded by the state's general fund.

California also has a program called Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI), which is "a 100 percent state-funded program designed to provide monthly cash benefits to aged, blind, and disabled non-citizens who are ineligible for Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Payment (SSI/SSP) solely due to their immigration status."

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - StoneTheCrow - 02-03-2024

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2...03-773.jpg]

It’s almost as if they’ve been incentivized.

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Dill - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 01:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/illegal-migrants-reportedly-escaping-nyc-california-could-eligible-slew-free-benefits

They can't beat it, better than NYC, the state with one of the highest number (if not the highest) of illegal immigrants are free from deportation and get free health care. Meanwhile California homeless get nothing. Who feels US citizens she be taken care of first?

Sounds like a recipe for BIG GOVERNMENT.

Which party generally opposes "taking care" of US citizens at all?

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 02:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Sounds like a recipe for BIG GOVERNMENT.

False equivalency.  Please make an argument for the logic of providing free health care for people in the country illegally, but not for US citizens?  Please make that make sense.

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Nately120 - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 03:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: False equivalency.  Please make an argument for the logic of providing free health care for people in the country illegally, but not for US citizens?  Please make that make sense.

For the sake of argument I'd say that the best way to get Americans to warm up to the idea of free healthcare for citizens would be to let them watch other people get what they have said they don't want.

Then again, we'd likely just go the route of doubling-down on our wishes that no one gets it.  Americans are like a kid who hates seeing other kids open presents on their birthday so badly that they wish that birthday presents didn't exist for anyone.

Anywho, if this is just in CA I still have a few acres of PA land in a red section of the state, house included, 2 million bucks.  I'll use that money to buy a house in Whitesville Mississippi which I'll sell for 10 million bucks.

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Millhouse - 02-03-2024

I mean its California. Its the epicenter of current far left liberalness.

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Luvnit2 - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 02:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Sounds like a recipe for BIG GOVERNMENT.

How so?

I don't see Republicans blatantly choosing illegal immigrants over any US citizen. But I see Democrats doing it. Genocide Joe and Democrats are killing the lower and middle class day by day while bailing out illegal immigrants.

(02-03-2024, 03:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: For the sake of argument I'd say that the best way to get Americans to warm up to the idea of free healthcare for citizens would be to let them watch other people get what they have said they don't want.

Then again, we'd likely just go the route of doubling-down on our wishes that no one gets it.  Americans are like a kid who hates seeing other kids open presents on their birthday so badly that they wish that birthday presents didn't exist for anyone.

Anywho, if this is just in CA I still have a few acres of PA land in a red section of the state, house included, 2 million bucks.  I'll use that money to buy a house in Whitesville Mississippi which I'll sell for 10 million bucks.

You dodged the question. Please explain why it makes sense for illegal immigrants to get free health care and not legal residents in California?

(02-03-2024, 06:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You dodged the question. Please explain why it makes sense for illegal immigrants to get free health care and not legal residents in California?

It doesn't but life isn't fair and all that.  

(02-03-2024, 07:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It doesn't but life isn't fair and all that.  

LOL

Tell that al of the US citizens Democrats are pissing off which includes a lot of Genocide Joe's base.

(02-03-2024, 07:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

Tell that al of the US citizens Democrats are pissing off which includes a lot of Genocide Joe's base.

Democrats know life is unfair, republicans are the ones who think anything approaching fairness is an attempt to destroy them.

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Dill - 02-04-2024

(02-03-2024, 03:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: False equivalency.  Please make an argument for the logic of providing free health care for people in the country illegally, but not for US citizens?  Please make that make sense.

I'm not arguing that the US should provide free health care for people in the country illegally, but not for US citizens.

You'll have to find someone else to help you understand that.

(02-03-2024, 06:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How so?

I don't see Republicans blatantly choosing illegal immigrants over any US citizen. But I see Democrats doing it. Genocide Joe and Democrats are killing the lower and middle class day by day while bailing out illegal immigrants.

Do you see any Republicans "blatantly" opposing welfare for any US citizens? 

(02-03-2024, 03:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: For the sake of argument I'd say that the best way to get Americans to warm up to the idea of free healthcare for citizens would be to let them watch other people get what they have said they don't want.

Reminds of what happened after the Civil Rights Act was passed.  

Up till then, there was massive support for BIG government programs among white folks.

But not after '64. Thereafter support/opposition began to sort out along racial lines. 

Some communities closed public swimming pools and filled them with cement, 

stop the public service altogether rather than allow tax dollars provide it for "them" too. 

I have met Americans, even one Democrat, willing to give up their own social security and Medicare 

if it would insure that NOTHING went to immigrants, undocumented or otherwise. 

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-04-2024

(02-04-2024, 12:26 AM)Dill Wrote: I'm not arguing that the US should provide free health care for people in the country illegally, but not for US citizens.

You'll have to find someone else to help you understand that.

Ahh, I think we finally found a Dem policy you disagree with as well.  Two people in two weeks, a miracle!

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Luvnit2 - 02-04-2024

(02-04-2024, 12:27 AM)Dill Wrote: Do you see any Republicans "blatantly" opposing welfare for any US citizens? 

No I don't, I do see Republicans feel any able bodied person capable of working should be eased off welfare. I do see Republicans who understand if million or billions are given to illegal immigrants, then real US citizens will suffer due to our huge deficits, only so much money to go around.

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Dill - 02-05-2024

(02-04-2024, 02:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No I don't, I do see Republicans feel any able bodied person capable of working should be eased off welfare. I do see Republicans who understand if million or billions are given to illegal immigrants, then real US citizens will suffer due to our huge deficits, only so much money to go around.

I "see" Republicans who don't think there should be welfare at all.

You asked if US citizens should be taken care of first. 

Do you think "billions" saved on not providing healthcare to immigrants would go to American citizens
if Republicans had anything to say about? Reducing such freebies would reduce their taxes.

You were framing this as if Dems were choosing immigrants over US citizens, 
when they extend what they want for US citizens to immigrants as well.

Republicans would say no "free healthcare" for anyone--US citizens included. 

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - CKwi88 - 02-05-2024

(02-05-2024, 01:33 PM)Dill Wrote: I "see" Republicans who don't think there should be welfare at all.

You asked if US citizens should be taken care of first. 

Do you think "billions" saved on not providing healthcare to immigrants would go to American citizens
if Republicans had anything to say about? Reducing such freebies would reduce their taxes.

You were framing this as if Dems were choosing immigrants over US citizens, 
when they extend what they want for US citizens to immigrants as well.

Republicans would say no "free healthcare" for anyone--US citizens included. 

I thought this sounded familiar. The whole "CA expanding free healthcare regardless of immigration status" is just a rehash of the same thread from a couple months ago. 

"Wah, CA is expanding Medi-Cal to people regardless of immigration status!"

"How about they expand Medi-Cal to everyone then?"

"Wah, that's sociacommu-something-ism"

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Belsnickel - 02-05-2024

(02-05-2024, 04:22 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I thought this sounded familiar. The whole "CA expanding free healthcare regardless of immigration status" is just a rehash of the same thread from a couple months ago. 

"Wah, CA is expanding Medi-Cal to people regardless of immigration status!"

"How about they expand Medi-Cal to everyone then?"

"Wah, that's sociacommu-something-ism"

Yeah, never mind that a robust social safety net allows for an increase in small-business ownership and entrepreneurial activities or that single-pay healthcare in particular allows for a more competitive labor market.

Why anyone who isn't some exec at a mega-corporation would support the Republican view on this sort of stuff is beyond me, but whatever.

RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-05-2024

(02-05-2024, 04:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, never mind that a robust social safety net allows for an increase in small-business ownership and entrepreneurial activities or that single-pay healthcare in particular allows for a more competitive labor market.

Why anyone who isn't some exec at a mega-corporation would support the Republican view on this sort of stuff is beyond me, but whatever.

The GOP certainly goes too far on this issue.  The problem is, so do the Dems.  I think a robust, as you put it, safety net for people in genuine need, and wanting to better their situation, is something the vast majority of citizens would get behind.  But please explain how providing free health care to illegal aliens and not actual citizens makes any kind of sense in this regard?  Not only does it incentivize illegal activity (a Dem staple at this point), it's a slap in the face to actual citizens and legal, non-citizen, residents.  Which is why you haven't seen anyone try and actually address this, instead falling back on the usual talking points.