Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: { All Things Biden & Trump } (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Things-Biden-Trump)
+---- Thread: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? (/Thread-Will-Impeachment-hearings-begin-soon-for-Joe-Biden)

Pages: 1 2

Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Luvnit2 - 03-10-2024

It appears Republicans will start hearing soon. Rep. Donald stated 3 areas of concern, one us Biden involved in family's business deals and the other for failure to secure the border. Stay tuned. This is just a hearing to present evidence and then may lead to an impeachment vote.

GOP rep spotlights 3 key pieces of evidence that the Biden family ‘contradicted’ their business coverup
Biden lied to Americans in December when he claimed he 'did not' interact with his
family's foreign associates
[/b]

Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla., joined ‘Sunday Morning Futures’ to reveal the most convincing pieces of evidence Republicans have gathered that prove Joe Biden to be involved in his family's alleged influence-peddling scheme.

BYRON DONALDS: We now know that Hunter Biden did bring Joe Biden to this dinner at Cafe Milano. It has been talked about in various deposition transcripts from Tony Bobulinski to Devin Archer. When we asked Hunter Biden, he couldn't recall. You have the text message famously about requesting money from Chairman Zhao. The money showed up a week later. Hunter Biden, under oath, said he was high, can't remember the text message. But photos from the laptop from hell demonstrate that he actually was at Joe Biden's house on the day that the text message was sent. So you have Hunter Biden contradicting himself. That's evidence piece number one.

Evidence piece number two is the fact that you have money that flows to Jim Biden on the same day checks are cut to Joe Biden, and then there's calling it a loan, but there are no loan documents that exist. That's number two. And then number three, and most importantly, I think, if you're talking impeachment, Joe Biden has woefully violated immigration law in the United States. He has also violated Supreme Court ruling when it comes to student loans, and he does it with impunity. So, I believe it's partly the oversight investigation, but it's also the willfulness of Joe Biden to ignore the Supreme Court and to not faithfully take care to execute the laws of the United States when it comes to border security.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Mike M (the other one) - 03-10-2024

And another reason not to be POTUS, you'll get Impeachment trials near the end of your term.
At least it's becoming the new norm.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - SunsetBengal - 03-10-2024

They aren't actually looking to impeach, just create the specter of a tainted person. I mean, who the hell would really want Kamala Harris in charge of anything significant? Does anyone else not find it ironic that investigations have dragged on all of this time, only to culminate in hearings at the onset of campaign season?

Do I really believe that Joe Biden is as dirty as DJT? Absolutely. Do I ever think that anything real in the way of punishment is going to happen to either? Not really.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Arturo Bandini - 03-10-2024

For what exactly ?

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - HarleyDog - 03-10-2024

(03-10-2024, 02:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And another reason not to be POTUS, you'll get Impeachment trials near the end of your term.
At least it's becoming the new norm.

Yeah, I'm not hip on this at all. Republicans ganging up on the old man could draw sympathy votes in his favor. Save that shit for later if Biden wins the election.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - GMDino - 03-10-2024

I thought they were going to impeach the Secretary of State?

Gonna be a busy couple weeks of work between vacation all summer.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - BigPapaKain - 03-10-2024

(03-10-2024, 04:07 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: For what exactly ?

Well there's Hunter's Laptop that he used as a private citizen, Hunter's business dealings as a private citizen, Hunter's drug abuse as a private citizen, and some truck Joe helped Hunter pay for.

Just all kinds of crimes by that crime syndicate.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Belsnickel - 03-10-2024

(03-10-2024, 04:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, I'm not hip on this at all. Republicans ganging up on the old man could draw sympathy votes in his favor. Save that shit for later if Biden wins the election.

I mean, Trump's approval ratings did go up during the impeachment.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Nately120 - 03-10-2024

(03-10-2024, 08:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, Trump's approval ratings did go up during the impeachment.

Same with Slick Willy Clinton.  I've pointed out before how weird it is that conservatives talk about how being impeached and indicted made Trump more popular but they want to do both of those things to Biden, too.  I figure if they impeach Biden it's going to involve people like MTG and Lauren Boebert on prime-time TV with big R's next to their names spouting out a bunch of insanity that doesn't exactly endear the party to independents.

Imeach away, I guess.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - HarleyDog - 03-11-2024

(03-10-2024, 08:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, Trump's approval ratings did go up during the impeachment.

Maybe not the 1st. But the repeated attacks against him seem to have favored his campaign.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Nately120 - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 10:32 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Maybe not the 1st. But the repeated attacks against him seem to have favored his campaign.

This is what is gloriously interesting about all this...attacks against him.  Trump's ability to spin this stuff as "attacks" is impressive.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - GMDino - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 12:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is what is gloriously interesting about all this...attacks against him.  Trump's ability to spin this stuff as "attacks" is impressive.

Well he's never done anything wrong.  Everything was done perfectly.  Many people tell him. That's why he should have complete and full immunity. 

Or something.  Mellow

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Nately120 - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 01:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well he's never done anything wrong.  Everything was done perfectly.  Many people tell him. That's why he should have complete and full immunity. 

Or something.  Mellow

That's the amusing insanity of Trump fandom.  On one hand "good guys" don't get stuff done and we need someone in office who isn't afraid to play dirty...er, but also he's totally innocent and did nothing wrong and anyone who says he did something wrong (excluding Trump himself when he gleefully admits to doing illegal stuff) is attacking him and we're going to stand up for him.

Or simply put:

He didn't do it, and even if he did do it I either don't care or think it's kinda awesome anyways.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - GMDino - 03-15-2024

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/13/house-gop-biden-impeachment-plans-00146622

Quote:As Biden impeachment stalls, House GOP turns to backup plans
While Republicans have considered other paths to antagonize the White House for months, those plans have taken on fresh importance as a vote to impeach seems doomed.
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2...-30473.jpg]

House Oversight and Accountability Chair James Comer (left) and House Judiciary Chair Jim Jordan confer during a hearing to take testimony from Department of Justice Special Counsel Robert Hur about his report on President Joe Biden's handling of classified documents. | Francis Chung/POLITICO
By JORDAIN CARNEY
03/13/2024 05:00 AM EDT

House Republicans are increasingly acknowledging that they don’t have the votes to impeach President Joe Biden, leaving them in search of other ways to antagonize the White House.

While some Republicans insist they could still take up formal articles of impeachment, they’re not close to the near-unanimous support to recommend booting him from office. And no bombshell moment emerged out of Tuesday’s high-profile hearing with former Justice Department Special Counsel Robert Hur, though Hur’s testimony managed to cast Biden in a negative light by exploring his mishandling of classified documents.

But Republicans are determined not to give up on a push that’s still a high priority for the GOP base — especially since abandoning it altogether could alienate conservatives they need to turn out in November. So they’re exploring backup options to keep the spotlight on so-far-unproven allegations that Biden misused the public offices he’s held to benefit his family’s businesses.

Those Plan Bs include legislative reforms like tighter financial disclosure and foreign lobbying guardrails; criminal referrals for Hunter Biden and others to the Justice Department; a potential lawsuit for DOJ officials’ testimony and calls from some within their conference to just keep investigating, pushing the probe closer to Election Day.

Any of those off-ramps come with risks of their own — namely that they require cooperation from the Senate or the Justice Department — but, the current GOP thinking goes, Republicans would at least have something to show to their anti-Biden voters with their thin majority on the line.

Asked if he would mind the inquiry ending without an impeachment vote, Oversight Chair James Comer (R-Ky.) instead said that his “No. 1 priority” has long been “to get the truth to the American people … and pass influence-peddling legislation.”

“I feel like we’re on track to do what my objective was. Now, if we impeach, then we impeach — and you know how I would vote on that — but that’s not up to me,” Comer added in a brief interview.

The lower-stakes alternatives Republicans are considering have floated in the ether of their probe for months; leading investigators had said in some requests for information that they could end up drafting legislation. But those potential proposals have largely stayed out of the spotlight until now, given leadership still had plenty of runway to try to persuade their colleagues to brand Biden’s presidency with an impeachment.

Now their biggest target, impeaching Biden, is all but guaranteed to fall short — an embarrassing setback in the middle of a presidential election year.

And the embrace of backup plans could have its advantages. If Republicans can coalesce around a legislative or investigative off-ramp, they might find themselves turning a near-certain defeat into a smaller-scale victory, even with their two-vote majority and deep internal divisions.

Republican Study Chair Rep. Kevin Hern (R-Okla.) acknowledged that the party is still working to find the sort of “definitive connection” between Joe and Hunter Biden that might warrant impeachment.

But even as Hern noted that the investigation remains ongoing, he appeared open to legislation: “Anything we can do to make this more transparent for the American people, the better.”

Republicans on the committees leading the investigations have outlined a slate of potential proposals stemming from their work. They include tougher financial disclosure laws for family members of presidents and vice presidents, changes to foreign lobbying law, tougher ethics rules and adjusting how classified documents are handled.

Comer has also indicated that he could make criminal referrals to the Justice Department, including for Hunter Biden, though it’s unlikely that the Biden DOJ would proceed on those.

Those legislative endeavors may not spare the House GOP from voter blowback, however, if it ultimately abandons impeachment. Republicans are increasingly worried that their faithful are getting frustrated by their dysfunction — particularly supporters of former President Donald Trump, the party’s de facto presidential nominee.

Plus, senior Republicans will have to confront conservative colleagues who want to see a vote, even if it appears doomed to fail.
“Instead of losing every time by surrender, I would rather try, fight and if you lose some you lose some, but you have a chance to win,” Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) said. He added that some more moderate colleagues have told him privately that Biden “should be impeached.”

Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.), who isn’t a member of the ultra-conservative Freedom Caucus, added that he expects Republicans will have to vote on impeachment — even if it fails on the floor.

“The base is going to demand it. … I think it would affect voters at the ballot box, just the base. I think they would like to see it come to a vote and see where people are,” Burchett said in a brief interview.

Whether to pursue impeachment articles against Biden will likely be up to Speaker Mike Johnson, in consultation with members of a conference whose majority is set to get even smaller next week after Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.) leaves office.

If Johnson’s right flank successfully pushes for a vote, though, it exposes swing-district Republicans — who are already fighting to hold onto their seats — to a new wave of criticism from Democrats. Republicans were already the subject of intraparty fury after three GOP lawmakers initially helped sink a push to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas over border security, but Republicans were ultimately able to succeed on a second try.

Things would go differently if a first vote on impeaching Biden failed. Opposition within the conference right now is significant enough that a do-over would be just as unsuccessful.

“That’s not a vote you put on the floor if you don’t have a chance of passing it,” Rep. Kelly Armstrong (R-N.D.), a member of the Judiciary Committee, said of Biden’s impeachment in a brief interview.

Republicans still need to decide on pursuing articles of impeachment against Biden. Still, the timeline for making that call has slipped amid delays in key witness interviews and as investigators continue to go down a slew of rabbit holes.

Judiciary Chair Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) had initially predicted that a decision on impeachment could come in late January. But that timeline immediately got punted to late February after GOP investigators scheduled interviews last month with James Biden and Hunter Biden.

Even now, as Republicans approach mid-March, they are still preparing for a hearing later this month with Hunter Biden’s business associates and potentially the president’s son himself.

GOP investigators also opened up a new line of inquiry last week into the treatment of a witness currently in prison. On top of that, they’re still seeking 
National Archives records and have unanswered questions to the FBI about an bureau informant who has been indicted, among other paths.

Additionally, Jordan sent a letter to DOJ last week accusing it of stonewalling the GOP’s request to talk to tax officials about Hunter Biden. In a brief interview, he didn’t rule out a lawsuit for those officials’ closed-door testimony.

Comer, asked on Tuesday about how close Republicans are to making a decision on impeachment, added: “The only people that ask me about articles are you all … I’m investigating the Bidens, and we’re trying to get all the information in.”

But the longer the investigation goes, and the longer leadership waits without making a formal decision, the more appetizing those backup plans look — even to conservatives who support impeachment but don’t see a way to win the vote.

“He deserves to be impeached with the information we have now, but let’s be realistic — this is March. The election is in November,” said Rep. Ralph Norman (R-S.C.). “You save your gunpowder at some point. You saw the trouble we had on Mayorkas.”

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Arturo Bandini - 03-20-2024

The Lev Parnas testimony is not going very well at the moment.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Arturo Bandini - 03-26-2024

Comer has thrown the towel. He never had anything.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Mike M (the other one) - 03-26-2024

Well in Biden's polling case, got no where to go but up right??

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Nately120 - 03-26-2024

(03-26-2024, 02:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well in Biden's polling case, got no where to go but up right??

I know we're joking a bit, but I think in regards to Biden a lot of people who will vote for him are willing to admit they don't like him any more than him not being Trump.  This is the 3rd election in a row where voters are being asked to choose between two options they don't like all that much, it's becoming standard.

I don't have a crystal ballsack or anything, but if I were to peer into the future if Biden wins I'd say 2028 is a D more popular than Biden (as in not Harris) versus Trump again.  If Trump wins and there is an election in 2028 it's going to be a D more popular than Biden (as in not Harris) versus whomever Trump personally handpicks to follow him...so who knows on that one.  Either way, Trump is going to be directly involved in 2028 as either the GOP candidate or the guy who makes the decision the rest of the party simply must support.

As unpoopular as Biden is, I see non Trump voters being in tune with voting for a guy they don't particularly like one more time.  If Biden wins then 2028 could be a semi-popular D versus Trump again and they SHOULD have the "approval high ground" for whatever that is worth.  I just think most people have accepted they'll be voting for folks they don't like because they hate the other side way more.  I'm almost envious of people who can vote for a major party and get excited about it.  They're like Chicago Bears fans who think the next QB they throw in there will be the one.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - BigPapaKain - 03-26-2024

Guess not.

RE: Will Impeachment hearings begin soon for Joe Biden? - Luvnit2 - 03-26-2024

The impeachment inquiry exposed the lies of Joe Biden in his 2020 campaign. The intent (unlike Democrats with Trump) was never to throw hm in jail. It was to show he is corrupt. Check out the polls and mission accomplished, 67% think Biden did something illegal or unethical.

In Biden's case, this political exercise by Comer, Smith and Jordan hurt Biden's electability. Next step is getting Joe Biden to testify in front of the committee and for audio tapes of Hur investigation and also audio tapes of ghost writer turned over to the committee.

National Archives has also refused to turn over all email of Joe Biden using a pseudonym (alias). Why is Garland and the National Archives not turning over innocent documents and recordings?

Hunter Biden showed he is a coward after demanding a public hearing. He got it and wet the bed and stayed home.

It is an easy comparison of fairness and Democrats had and are currently treated versus how Republicans had and have been treated. One gets shielded by the FBI and DOJ and one gets raided and arrested by the FBI and DOJ.