Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SouthernStripes - 03-11-2024

Quote:The #Bengals are signing former #Ravens safety Geno Stone, per @Schultz_Report. The former 7th-round pick had an AFC-leading 7 INTs this past

Tiger Who Dey

Rock On

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - CJD - 03-11-2024

We got Geno Stone
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1767286275218817454?s=19

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-11-2024

Alright, Geno Stone, that is what I am talking about... Wink

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - RunKijanaRun - 03-11-2024

Love this. Love love love

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Lucius Cincinnatus - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 05:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is a wild number for a good...not great safety. His yearly annaual value is more than Byard or Mathieu got total.

Those players are in their 30's...Mckinney is 24 years old. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Au165 - 03-11-2024

Wow, we are signing Geno stone. Did not expect that.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 04:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or...they actually give some faith in their two young, high draft picks at DB and those guys actually do, ya know, grow.
Crazy thought I know that a high draft pick actually does improve after their first year of starting.

They need to address their actual holes before worrying about upgrades to other positions.
That would be RT, NT, and TE1 before worrying about DB.

Its hard to let someone grow when they are not doing a good job.  Zach Carter was our 3rd round draft pick in 2022.  Maybe we should let him start and grow then that's one less DT we need.  Volson was the pick after Carter maybe he just needs a little more time to grow.  

Just because someone has been on the team 1 or 2 years doesnt mean we cant upgrade that position.

(03-11-2024, 05:30 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Those players are in their 30's...Mckinney is 24 years old. 

Geno Stone isn't 30...McKinney is the outlier.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 05:34 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Its hard to let someone grow when they are not doing a good job.  Zach Carter was our 3rd round draft pick in 2022.  Maybe we should let him start and grow then that's one less DT we need.  Volson was the pick after Carter maybe he just needs a little more time to grow.  

Just because someone has been on the team 1 or 2 years doesnt mean we cant upgrade that position.

Not saying you can't, but essentially you've lost that draft pick at the point you decided to relegate them to backup.
Now how much have you essentially invested into a position by giving up on an early-round draft pick when it could have gone toward someone else?

My point is sometimes people are quick to move on after just 1 season or less of playing time, and relegating to backup essentially dooms that player from ever becoming a starter down the road again for that team.

For me personally, I don't like to give up quite that fast on a guy they (or I) thought so highly of to invest such an early draft pick.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Lucius Cincinnatus - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 05:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Geno Stone isn't 30...McKinney is the outlier.

Geno Stone has been a back-up safety for 4 years who played due to injuries and in sub packages. He could be a nice player playing every snap over 17 games, but if you think Stone & Mckinney are the same level of player, you'll be disappointed on Sundays. 

I'm also not saying I'd rather pay Mckinney that..but McKinney is a much better player than Stone. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - WhoDeyK - 03-11-2024

Great move. Signing Stone gives us a young starting free safety to pair with Battle. This is the move that allows us to use Dax as a chess piece until I’d assume he takes over in the slot. Now if we sign Kendall Fuller our secondary should be much improved.

(03-11-2024, 05:40 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Geno Stone has been a back-up safety for 4 years who played due to injuries and in sub packages. He could be a nice player playing every snap over 17 games, but if you think Stone & Mckinney are the same level of player, you'll be disappointed on Sundays. 

I'm also not saying I'd rather pay Mckinney that..but McKinney is a much better player than Stone. 

Sure but not worth 10 million more per year. The safety market for everyone not named McKinney has been depressed this year, Darnell Savage also got 7 per year, which makes it look more and more like they overpaid McKinney.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 05:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sure but not worth 10 million more per year. The safety market for everyone not named McKinney has been depressed this year, Darnell Savage also got 7 per year, which makes it look more and more like they overpaid McKinney.

They did and guess who McKinney's agent is? Hilarious

(03-11-2024, 05:48 PM)pulses Wrote: They did and guess who McKinney's agent is? Hilarious

I know. Kind of wild.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - phil413 - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 05:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: Wow, we are signing Geno stone. Did not expect that.

Great pickup!

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalstripes9 - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 01:54 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Possible Vet bandaid @RT, plus draft future RT?

Probably a NYJ before sundown lol.

He cannot stay healthy. Hasn't played much the past 3-4 years. He's great when healthy but it would be risky for any team to sign him.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 03-11-2024

Who Dey I like the Stone signing. Dude had 7 INTs, is young, and it's a 2 year deal.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - RunKijanaRun - 03-11-2024

Chidobe Awuize to the Titans

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalholic - 03-11-2024

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 06:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Callahan strikes!