Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 03-12-2024

Yeah, it's really kind of annoying to, not even bite on it, but to just put your lips on it...knowing that it's not even remotely possible in the real world without massive adjustments on 2 or 3 sides. It's simply unheard of.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Exactly.  We needed to add another run stuffer and pass rusher last year.   Without Reader the defense gets even more ridiculous.   BJ Hill and Zack Carter with Jay Tufele and Travis Bell as the rotational guys wont be able to hold up against Baltimore or Cleveland's running game.  It will get ugly

That guaranteed will not be the DTs going into Game 1.
The Bengals will add one DT, if not two.
People just getting impatient.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - samhain - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That guaranteed will not be the DTs going into Game 1.

One would hope not.  This team is good at a lot of things, but drafting DTs and o-linemen ain't one of them.  If they go into the draft with both as clear immediate needs, then it's a concern.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalholic - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, it's really kind of annoying to, not even bite on it, but to just put your lips on it...knowing that it's not even remotely possible in the real world without massive adjustments on 2 or 3 sides. It's simply unheard of.

[Image: wait-what-are-you-talking-about-liz-lemon.gif]

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:54 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Hill got 30. Even chase has said if he and JJ were to reunite they’d both have to take a haircut.

We’d probably have to give up our 1st, Tee and a 2nd next year.

Vikings have no QB, they’re rebuilding. Ok that’s all I got for reason it would work. I have a million why it won’t.

That makes no sense. Especially if we can just wait a year & get him anyway. Tee + 1st is too steep.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nepa - 03-12-2024

Yeah for a team signing a NT.

David Newton
@DNewtonespn
The Panthers have a NT. They have agreed to terms with former Giants, Rams tackle A 'Shawn Robinson (6-4, 330) on a three-year, $22.3 million deal, a league source confirmed. He reunites with DC Ejiro Evero from their time with the Rams. First reported by NFL Network.

(03-12-2024, 06:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: wait-what-are-you-talking-about-liz-lemon.gif]

I don't know...i'm just sayin...if it gets him here, i just might be willing to put my lips on it. I'll leave it at that.  Cool

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - coachmcneil71 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From everything I've seen and heard about Ricky Pearsall, he's mainly a slot guy.
His athletic profile mirrors Chris Olave, but NFL.com has his NFL comparison as Alex Erickson.
I wouldn't be mad about the pick, personally.

Pearsall is talented but if I'm taking a WR out of the state that I live in it would be Coleman out of FSU or the other FSU WR Wilson later. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SouthernStripes - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:07 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That makes no sense. Especially if we can just wait a year & get him anyway. Tee + 1st is too steep.

Could he agree to an extension here before the trade?
This would also avoid a bidding war with other teams.

(03-12-2024, 06:06 PM)samhain Wrote: One would hope not.  This team is good at a lot of things, but drafting DTs and o-linemen ain't one of them.  If they go into the draft with both as clear immediate needs, then it's a concern.

Originally, I thought the draft was gonna have some good NTs for Day 2.
With Nazir Stackhouse and Dontay Corleone choosing to return to school, it's limited the pool for NTs (at least the ones I'm interested in).

If the Bengals do go into the draft without any decent starting NT, I feel they may reach for Sweat at 18.
Personally, I think they could pull off a trade with Arizona to send them 18 and 49 for 27 and 35.
They could use one of those two picks for Sweat and the other for a RT/WR.
I think 18 though would be too rich for Sweat and he may not make it to 49.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know...i'm just sayin...if it gets him here, i just might be willing to put my lips on it. I'll leave it at that.  Cool

Only think of such acts if the guarantee is a Super Bowl victory. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - michaelsean - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:00 PM)Stewy Wrote: You people with this JJ to the Bengals thing are just absolutely high. That is all.

Don’t you have an oil well to cap or something?

(03-12-2024, 06:11 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Pearsall is talented but if I'm taking a WR out of the state that I live in it would be Coleman out of FSU or the other FSU WR Wilson later. 

I'm a big fan of Johnny Wilson.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:11 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Pearsall is talented but if I'm taking a WR out of the state that I live in it would be Coleman out of FSU or the other FSU WR Wilson later. 

Coleman is slow af and Wilson hasn't proven a thing yet he's all hype and he's more of a TE than a WR.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That guaranteed will not be the DTs going into Game 1.

One DT isnt going to get the job done.  You cant just re-sign Reader and think you have a defense good against the run.  You need a couple of good run stuffers that you can rotate.   Cleveland and Baltimore will try to run it down our throat so just having Reader is not enough.  Also, no "value" free agent is going to work either.  You need a couple of legit run stuffers added to this defense.  Re-signing Reader and drafting Sweat would be a good start

Also lacking from last year and again this year is a pass rushing DT.  We did not generate enough pressure from the inside.  That should be addressed.  From the way I see it the Bengals really need to add 3 DT's with free agent signings+the draft.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Goalpost - 03-12-2024

My draft sleeper at wr is Devontez Walker

(03-12-2024, 06:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Only think of such acts if the guarantee is a Super Bowl victory. 

I got news for ya holmes. If it's a guaranteed SB win then i'm doing a hell of a lot more than just putting my lips on it. 

[Image: dwayne-johnson-the-rock-eyebrow-raise-4c...f1wyjw.gif]

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm a big fan of Johnny Wilson.

Wilson has potential but he's kind of a boom or bust pick IMO.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Rotobeast - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I got news for ya holmes. If it's a guaranteed SB win then i'm doing a hell of a lot more than just putting my lips on it. 

I've always appreciated your willingness to take one for the team.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I got news for ya holmes. If it's a guaranteed SB win then i'm doing a hell of a lot more than just putting my lips on it. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b9528gvo403qzv87w6ia64i...w.gif&ct=g]