Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:22 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My draft sleeper at wr is Devontez Walker

I like him. Another WR sleeper of mine is Jamari Thrash from Louisville.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:06 PM)samhain Wrote: One would hope not.  This team is good at a lot of things, but drafting DTs and o-linemen ain't one of them.  If they go into the draft with both as clear immediate needs, then it's a concern.

It is not even day 1 of signing. There are guys out there, one just cut in SF.  Arik Armstead would be a nice addition. There are also a couple of run stoppers. Long way to go as we have yet to see teams make cuts to get inside the cap to sign someone else.

(03-12-2024, 06:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is not even day 1 of signing. There are guys out there, one just cut in SF.  Arik Armstead would be a nice addition. There are also a couple of run stoppers. Long way to go as we have yet to see teams make cuts to get inside the cap to sign someone else.
Not a ton of talent left at DT tho.....I think we'll sign Tart but we need someone else as well.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - OSUfan - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:22 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My draft sleeper at wr is Devontez Walker

How is he a sleeper? He is being projected by virtually everyone as a 2nd and at worst a 3rd rounder.

(03-12-2024, 06:37 PM)OSUfan Wrote: How is he a sleeper? He is being projected by virtually everyone as a 2nd and at worst a 3rd rounder.

Bengals like bigger WR's I could see them going after someone like Brendan Rice.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Joelist - 03-12-2024

Today is just a boring day mostly because the tampering announcements are pretty much done. They aren't going to exit Free Agency with no RT and only BJ Hill and Zack Carter at DT. Give it time.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:28 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That's not a bad guess either.  Could be Ja'Marr's contract

edit:  The only thing about a contract extension for Ja'Marr is the Bengals have a bunch of other needs right now and if they gave Ja'Marr an extension right now, they probably couldnt address the other holes on the roster.

Yeah, they can still talk about it though, need for Free Agency to end before paying Ja'Marr his monster contract.

(03-12-2024, 05:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: BTJ is someone I would love to see as a Higgins replacement, provided the Bengals either can get a solid RT in FA or in the 2nd round.
My worry with waiting to get a RT in the draft but not in the 1st round is I don't see many plug and play guys outside of Rd 1.
Suamataia from BYU probably the last guy on the prospect rankings I would consider as someone who could start Day 1 and be serviceable or better.

I feel better about the Day 2 WRs than I do about the Day 2 RTs in this draft class.

Same here, bottom line we need a RT in Free Agency more than about anything just because of this fact. The Day 2 WR's have a 
much better chance of being starters down the road than the Day 2 RT's.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - kalibengal - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:18 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: One DT isnt going to get the job done.  You cant just re-sign Reader and think you have a defense good against the run.  You need a couple of good run stuffers that you can rotate.   Cleveland and Baltimore will try to run it down our throat so just having Reader is not enough.  Also, no "value" free agent is going to work either.  You need a couple of legit run stuffers added to this defense.  Re-signing Reader and drafting Sweat would be a good start

Also lacking from last year and again this year is a pass rushing DT.  We did not generate enough pressure from the inside.  That should be addressed.  From the way I see it the Bengals really need to add 3 DT's with free agent signings+the draft.

Ravens signed Henry today which is on line with  AFCN Rbs need to be...at 250# we will need to add some serious Beef on DL
Browns have 230 # - Chubb
Pitt has 240# - Harris
Balt now has 250 # Henry
meanwhile we play small ball signing Zack Moss at 205#  coupled with Brown at 205 as well.  
I was hoping for AJ Dillon

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nepa - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 04:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: LOL

Why would they post this if not to say big news is coming, but they can't talk about it now? Surely, it can't be that they want to talk about the signings that were already announced, but cannot. It's not like the Bengals signed Henry or a big name. The ones signed barely caused a ripple on ESPN and NFL.com.  

It's really starting to annoy me that they posted this. Why bother posting it at all?

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Brownshoe - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: Why would they post this if not to say big news is coming, but they can't talk about it now? Surely, it can't be that they cannot talk about the signings that were already announced. It's not like the Bengals signed Henry or a big name. The ones signed barely caused a ripple on ESPN and NFL.com.  

It's really starting to annoy me that they posted this. Why bother posting it at all?

Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase signing long term contracts together... I can dream

Browns signed Adeniji lololol

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Tee's tag is more than Jefferson's salary this year. Just sayin'. 

But this makes no sense otherwise. What, Minny will pay Tee $25 but won't pay Jefferson $30+? They aren't paying Cousins. 

The only way it makes a lick of sense is if JJ told them he is gone next year no matter what. 

All true, the only way is if JJ wants out of there to play with a good QB and we all know who his favorite is, which gives this any reality.

(03-12-2024, 05:44 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, JJ made a statement about whether Cousins was retained, and it how that would affect his desire to stay in Minny.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Makes sense, that must of been part of the rumblings I was hearing.

(03-12-2024, 05:46 PM)pulses Wrote: If JJ and Chae would both play for 25/yr I could see Cincy trading Tee and a pick/s for JJ.

Maybe if Burrow gave up some of his contract it would help, but yeah, I doubt they take that much of a discount as both are 
probably going to make 30 mil plus.

(03-12-2024, 05:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: JJ let his preference known when before the game he openly wore a Burrow, Chase, JJ jersey. Say it means nothing, but what if Boyd wore a Steelers jersey before a game against the Steelers while he was inactive.....

JJ wants a reunion, that we've long known.

All true, which is why this has any reality of happening what so ever.

(03-12-2024, 05:52 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I could see Burrow re-doing his contract to make it happen. It'd probably take $27m each.

Making me think there is a possibility if Burrow was willing to do that.

(03-12-2024, 05:54 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Hill got 30. Even chase has said if he and JJ were to reunite they’d both have to take a haircut.

We’d probably have to give up our 1st, Tee and a 2nd next year.

Vikings have no QB, they’re rebuilding. Ok that’s all I got for reason it would work. I have a million why it won’t.

Yep, so unlikely.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:18 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: One DT isnt going to get the job done.  You cant just re-sign Reader and think you have a defense good against the run.  You need a couple of good run stuffers that you can rotate.   Cleveland and Baltimore will try to run it down our throat so just having Reader is not enough.  Also, no "value" free agent is going to work either.  You need a couple of legit run stuffers added to this defense.  Re-signing Reader and drafting Sweat would be a good start

Also lacking from last year and again this year is a pass rushing DT.  We did not generate enough pressure from the inside.  That should be addressed.  From the way I see it the Bengals really need to add 3 DT's with free agent signings+the draft.

To get Sweat, you may not be able to wait to 49.
You gonna use Pick 18 on a 2-down NT?

If you use Pick 18 on NT, you risk not getting a decent RT depending on whether they add anyone in FA still.
But really none of the NTs in FA are gonna be better than a healthy Reader.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To get Sweat, you may not be able to wait to 49.

I think Sweat at 49 talk is the result of the mock draft websites. He seemingly is always available at pick 49. I don't see that as realistic and he goes before the slot.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 03-12-2024

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Rotobeast - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:07 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That makes no sense. Especially if we can just wait a year & get him anyway. Tee + 1st is too steep.
How about Tee + our comp picks and whatever we got for Mixon ?

They should be able to pick up another WR with that 3rd.

I doubt that'd be enough, but if you're going to dream...

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think Sweat at 49 talk is the result of the mock draft websites. He seemingly is always available at pick 49. I don't see that as realistic and he goes before the slot.

Agreed, I'm not sure it takes a 1st round pick for a true NT, but I feel like he's going in the first half of that 2nd round, for sure.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Destro - 03-12-2024

Patrick Queen to the Steelers is an interesting one.

(03-12-2024, 07:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, I'm not sure it takes a 1st round pick for a true NT, but I feel like he's going in the first half of that 2nd round, for sure.

Yeah, that is why I am hoping to trade Tee for an early 2nd rounder. It would pretty much ensure Sweat in stripes.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - jj22 - 03-12-2024

I don’t know about NT at 18 but I do know that I don’t want to see the other DT options at 18 face Henry and that Baltimore line. We needed a starting NT in FA.

Badly.

We didn’t get it and now it’s Reader or free agency bust.