Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Goalpost - 03-12-2024

Is there an update I missed in that Reader will be ready by game 1....?

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:00 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Is there an update I missed in that Reader will be ready by game 1....

Nope, it's just that there are no other NTs available. WTS, I hope that the Bengals lock up his services for the next 2-3 years while the draft his replacement for development.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-12-2024

If Bengals were to pull off a trade of Higgins + pick(s) for Jefferson, Bengals fandom worldwide would absolutely lose their sh** (both good and bad).
If that were to happen, may as well add CEH to get the full band back together again.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - BengalsLUFC - 03-12-2024

Diontae Johnson going to the Panthers, think that rules out Tee going there.

Or not was for a player plus late round pick swaps

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:00 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Is there an update I missed in that Reader will be ready by game 1....?

No as Sunset said, but there is a vid of him running on a treadmill just lately and that gives us hope he would be ready sooner than we thought.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - depthchart - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Bengals were to pull off a trade of Higgins + pick(s) for Jefferson, Bengals fandom worldwide would absolutely lose their sh** (both good and bad).
If that were to happen, may as well add CEH to get the full band back together again.

Does a former LSU Offensive Line Coach come with it ?

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - NATI BENGALS - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:15 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Diontae Johnson going to the Panthers, think that rules out Tee going there.

Or not was for a player plus late round pick swaps

Glad Diontae won’t be teaming up with their new QB. Surprised to see they are trading him for a pick swap (still need to see details) and a CB Donte Jackson who was set to be a panthers cap casualty when they announced he would be released days ago.

I would love to see more Pickens temper tantrums and more half ass effort as their new #1

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nepa - 03-12-2024

Patrick Mahomes will be restructuring his contract to create an additional $21.6 million worth of salary-cap space for the Chiefs as they aim to become the first NFL team to three-peat, per league sources. pic.twitter.com/PxpJ5j8ZPj

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2024

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Frank Booth - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: Patrick Mahomes will be restructuring his contract to create an additional $21.6 million worth of salary-cap space for the Chiefs as they aim to become the first NFL team to three-peat, per league sources. pic.twitter.com/PxpJ5j8ZPj

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2024

Mahomes doesnt mind salary cuts because of the other sponsorships he has. Similar to Brady

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Mahomes doesnt mind salary cuts because of the other sponsorships he has. Similar to Brady

Joey B needs to be paying attention to this.

(03-12-2024, 08:28 PM)depthchart Wrote: Does a former LSU Offensive Line Coach come with it ?

Hell, just make Ed Ogeron the OL coach. I love to listen to him speak in that Cajun drawl during interviews.  Can't understand a word he says, but you sure can tell that he means it.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hell, just make Ed Ogeron the OL coach. I love to listen to him speak in that Cajun drawl during interviews.  Can't understand a word he says, but you sure can tell that he means it.

Burrow sure would welcome that, he loves that dude. True enough on how Coach O speaks, raspy cajun talk, funny as hell...LOL

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nepa - 03-12-2024

I'm getting worn out from refreshing pages hoping to see the Bengals signed an OT or DT or CB. Who is out there that would be a solid get. Is Arik Armstead a good or great pick for DT? Kendall Fuller for CB? Tyron Smith for OT? Of course, I would love Reader to be re-signed. And would accept a Jonah Williams.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - bengalsboy - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 04:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Those guys announced it though right? the bengals themselves usually dont say a thing till offical (or operated that way in the past)

As fun as JJ would be how do afford him and Chase long term?

How do the Chiefs afford Mahomes,Chris Jones and Kelcie? If they can afford to do that.The Bengals can afford Burrow Chase and JJ.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - michaelsean - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Mahomes doesnt mind salary cuts because of the other sponsorships he has. Similar to Brady

I don’t think restructuring necessarily means a pay cut.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - depthchart - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hell, just make Ed Ogeron the OL coach. I love to listen to him speak in that Cajun drawl during interviews.  Can't understand a word he says, but you sure can tell that he means it.

Presidents have spokespersons - Maybe Ed could be Zac's.

Danielle Hunter 2 years and 51 million to the Texans.

(03-12-2024, 09:07 PM)depthchart Wrote: Presidents have spokespersons - Maybe Ed could be Zac's.

Naw, that would never work.  After a big win Coach O would forget where he was at and yell Who Dat?

Steelers traded D Johnson and a 7th to Carolina for Donte Jackson and a 6th.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Mahomes doesnt mind salary cuts because of the other sponsorships he has. Similar to Brady

..or else he's willing to restructure to help his team win.