Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - The D.O.Z. - 03-14-2024

If no true NT is obtained, what's to say we can't get by, or even be better, with a rotation of sorts within the two DT spots with what we have rostered + an early round rookie? We still have Davis and Bell? I know they are PS players but Davis LOOKS the part, he is a massive man, but I'm not sure on Bell. Didn't he have some quality snaps for someone before getting cut and we put in a waiver claim? It may not be ideal, but maybe Lou run-blitzes a LB more this season to nullify the double team at the LoS? I'm just spit balling here.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - phil413 - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 03:36 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: If no true NT is obtained, what's to say we can't get by, or even be better, with a rotation of sorts within the two DT spots with what we have rostered + an early round rookie? We still have Davis and Bell? I know they are PS players but Davis LOOKS the part, he is a massive man, but I'm not sure on Bell. Didn't he have some quality snaps for someone before getting cut and we put in a waiver claim? It may not be ideal, but maybe Lou  run-blitzes a LB more this season to nullify the double team at the LoS? I'm just spit balling here.

I'd liken it to the same effect having bad communication impacted the LBs in coverage.  The lack of drawing attention/double team/chip that Reader was able to to draw will trickle down to the LBs.  Planning for Lou to blitz the LBs more is like Burrow having to plan to throw quicker because he has to.  You want the right tool, even if we aren't getting back what Reader did for us.  Tart doesn't have the size but if they think he has the leverage to play NT as he has in the past then it's better than not having a NT at all.  You likely will see them playing without a true NT more on "passing downs".  

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Joelist - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 03:15 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: How many of those other guys complained about their contract, refused to practice then asked to be released?

We don't know all the details but they do. And with the locker room meltdown that culminated in Vrabel getting fired there is room here to trust Zac - if Tart were an actual cancer he would not have been on their list and they certainly would not have tried to claim him late last season. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Stewy - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 03:30 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote:  I do understand the other side of the argument about his injury history and moving on.  For me I would rather take a chance on Reader coming back healthy than I would Tart is going to come in and help this defense as much as Reader.  
Fair enough, but I bet those two choices come at significantly different price tags.
Agree on Sweat, but pinning ones hopes ona single guy in the draft is a recipe for disappointment.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - WeezyBengal - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 03:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: Fair enough, but I bet those two choices come at significantly different price tags.
Agree on Sweat, but pinning ones hopes ona single guy in the draft is a recipe for disappointment.

I think this DL needs to get younger and cheaper. Tart allows you to be competent (especially since Rankins was signed) all while drafting a DT early in the draft. 

Lets be honest, though. The Bengals wouldn't even be in this position if their drafting didn't suck lately. Safety and DL has not panned out for them lately despite them trying to backfill the position (and failing) in the draft. 

Kendall Fuller to the Dolphins, Mike Williams to the Chiefs.

Is the NFC even trying?

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalbug - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 04:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Kendall Fuller to the Dolphins, Mike Williams to the Chiefs.

Is the NFC even trying?

2 years 16.5 isn’t bad for fuller.

I’d be happy with Stephon Gilmore on a one year deal.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - phil413 - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 04:04 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 2 years 16.5 isn’t bad for fuller.  

I’d be happy with Stephon Gilmore on a one year deal.

16.5M total!?!?

That's a steal, for a starting corner of his caliber that dethroned  the Stone signing for steal of FA.  We missed out.  

***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 04:21 PM)phil413 Wrote: 16.5M total!?!?

That's a steal, for a starting corner of his caliber that dethroned  the Stone signing for steal of FA.  We missed out.  

That does seem incredibly reasonable. Disappointed we missed out on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-14-2024

That's a steal, for a starting corner of his caliber that dethroned the Stone signing for steal of FA.  We missed out.  

I was hearing Fuller wanted 13 mil per. That is definitely not the case and we should of got a deal done with him for about 8.4 mil per.

Yeah, we missed out on Fuller and should of paid the man what he was worth. Not happy about this.

(03-14-2024, 04:42 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: That does seem incredibly reasonable.  Disappointed we missed out on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(03-14-2024, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was hearing Fuller wanted 13 mil per. That is definitely not the case and we should of got a deal done with him for about 8.4 mil per.

Yeah, we missed out on Fuller and should of paid the man what he was worth. Not happy about this.

Yeah, that seemed doable... 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 2MinutesHate - 03-14-2024

Reader is gone.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/lions-sign-dj-reader

Well, now what?

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pally - 03-14-2024

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Southpaw Frerotte - 03-14-2024

Whelp, sounds like Reader went to the Lions on 2 year deal

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 04:49 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Reader is gone.

Damn it. Whatever

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Synric - 03-14-2024

Seen it coming but ugh didnt want it to happen. Bye DJ.

(03-14-2024, 04:49 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: DJ Reader signs with Lions.Two year deal.Hope they sign this Tart guy.

About have to now, just hoping our medical staff knew something the Lions did not and Reader won't be ready for awhile...

Otherwise, this could be a massive mistake by our guys. I don't like Tart's history in that Titan locker room, maybe Poona Ford
should also be on our radar...

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - bengalsboy - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 04:49 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Reader is gone.

Well, now what?

Sign Teair Tart

Losing him is fine, whiffing in the draft again at DT could be devestating. Makes it all that more important.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Synric - 03-14-2024

Looks like 2 years up to 27.25m for Reader.