Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - BengalsLUFC - 03-14-2024

Bengals medical staff have to think he’s not right because although an expensive ish contract the guarantee is small.

If the Bengals weren’t willing to match that and he gets back to his old self Duke will have some serious questions to answer.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-14-2024

So up to $27.25 million for two years. 13.62 million a year is not bad for a talent like Reader. The article said "up to" so Im guessing there is language regarding coming back from the injury. Again, this sounds like a contract the Bengals could have easily done.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 03-14-2024

2 years/$27.5MM.

I’m happy for him and appreciate what he’s done for us here. Sucks to lose him, but at least he went to the NFC.

All AFC North running backs have to be salivating right now facing our defense next year.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 04:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Kendall Fuller to the Dolphins, Mike Williams to the Chiefs.

Is the NFC even trying?

Are we? 

The Dolphins were in cap hell but still managed to sign one 9f the top CBs on the market for 2/$16.5. What we paid for Stone. 

The Chiefs managed to pay Jones, keep Sneed, AND sign one of the best WRs on the market. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Ell Prez - 03-14-2024

I’d like to hear from the posters who have been saying, guys just wait, FA just started, just wait. Our run D will suck, again. Our corners will suck, again. Our O line will suck, again. What’s the purpose of keeping tee 1 year? We’re not winning a chip with this team. I don’t care what the draft produces.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - NATI BENGALS - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 04:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Looks like 2 years up to 27.25m for Reader.

I wonder if we offered him the same deal as Rankins. And the Lions just beat us out.

Or if a 30 year old 330 pounder coming off of a torn quad was not something they were willing to gamble big money on.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-14-2024

We wouldn't pay $13 mil for Reader?

Rankins got $13. FFS.

Welcome to the basement, again. The stupid hurts my brain. I am out.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalstripes9 - 03-14-2024

Any guess on why the Bengals have so much cap space at the moment?

Are they going to try to sign Higgins?

Are they going after one of the big name FAs that are left?

With them bringing in Becton for a visit, that signals they are looking into the bargain-bin players at this point.
I'm fine with that. I like the signings they did make. Seem like good deals and good players that improve the team.
But they left a massive hole at NT and RT and it's a bit risky going into the draft needing to draft those positions at 1 and 2.

They have to have something in play yet with their cap space. It's not looking like its at NT or RT though. Maybe it's re-signing Higgins. Maybe something else.

(03-14-2024, 05:00 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’d like to hear from the posters who have been saying, guys just wait, FA just started, just wait. Our run D will suck, again. Our corners will suck, again. Our O line will suck, again. What’s the purpose of keeping tee 1 year? We’re not winning a chip with this team. I don’t care what the draft produces.

I'd gladly take Reader & Fuller over Rankins & Stone. 

Go Lions!

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - WeezyBengal - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 05:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I'd gladly take Reader & Fuller over Rankins & Stone. 

How can you possibly say that without knowing the status of Readers injury? 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - BengalsLUFC - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 05:00 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’d like to hear from the posters who have been saying, guys just wait, FA just started, just wait. Our run D will suck, again. Our corners will suck, again. Our O line will suck, again. What’s the purpose of keeping tee 1 year? We’re not winning a chip with this team. I don’t care what the draft produces.

Erm even with losing DJ who may not ever be the same again we’ve got vastly better this FA even without a big name signing.

The communication on defence will be fixed, Burrow has the best TE he’s ever had and the RB room will now be able to pass block and be more explosive and that’s coming from a Mixon fan.

Small pieces can = big gains.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 05:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How can you possibly say that without knowing the status of Readers injury? 

How bad could his injury be at this point?  He is already running on a treadmill.  Detroit was able to take a look at him and then signed him to a 13.62 million per year contract.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nepa - 03-14-2024

Reader was such an amazing force. Unheralded it seemed, but such a force on the line. His PFF rating last year was an 82.2 and it seemed he rarely got recognition because he didn't get sacks. I'm really unhappy to see him go. I guess the Bengals staff figured he wouldn't be back to himself all year so not worth the money.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Synric - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 05:02 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Any guess on why the Bengals have so much cap space at the moment?

How much cap space is left I wonder. Its at 45m without Rankins, Bell, ADG, Sample, and Williams contracts listed. So 20 to 25m ish? I wonder if an Evan McPherson extension gets done this year Kickers are making 6m apy!

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalstripes9 - 03-14-2024

To me the corners this year in FA are not that great. There's a lot of old players. I expected Lou to look for bargain players (like Awuzi/Apple).
Fuller seems to be a good contract amount by all acounts. I wonder if they don't like his tackling ability or the way he fits the scheme, or something else?
Or do they like someone lesser known more than him?
Not sure why they would pass on him when they have the cap space.

Reader obviously is a valuable commodity at a position of need.
Investing in a weak dline should definitely be a big priority.
I wonder if there was something injury-wise where they saw it as a risk?

Overall on paper it doesn't look good to miss out on these two.
Only time will tell if the Bengals screwed up or made a good call.
There aren't a lot of great options (in FA) for RT or NT. Lot's of risk on the injury-side this year.

Just have to wait and see what they end up doing with all their cap space.
So far they've made good signings atleast.

(03-14-2024, 05:08 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Erm even with losing DJ who may not ever be the same again we’ve got vastly better this FA even without a big name signing.

The communication on defence will be fixed, Burrow has the best TE he’s ever had and the RB room will now be able to pass block and be more explosive and that’s coming from a Mixon fan.

Small pieces can = big gains.

Please don’t look for positive affirmation with the moves they did make. Look at what they lost and don’t replace. We didn’t suck last year (yes we sucked with and without burrow) because of a lack of TE and an rb who couldn’t pass block. We got gashed on the run and in big passes. We lost our 330LB run stuffer and replaced him with a 305LB tackle. We need both to actually upgrade. We changed one back for another. We lost Chido and now relying on Tuner. I’m sorry to say it, but he’s not a starting CB in the nfl. He might be in the future. But aren’t we trying to win now? Why keep Tee for one year and lose him for nothing if winning isn’t the goal?

Oh and I forgot about a legitimate RT. If there’s a run in the draft we’re gonna miss one, unless we trade up. Raise your hand if you now wish we didn’t win 3 meaningless games with Browning and could be drafting at 13?

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - michaelsean - 03-14-2024

So when they say cap space available, Tee’s tag has been deducted correct? Meaning if they trade Tee they will have an additional $21 million.

(03-14-2024, 05:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So when they say cap space available, Tee’s tag has been deducted correct? Meaning if they trade Tee they will have an additional $21 million.

Correct. At this point we need to extend him. We need more talent. Not singing anyone who is top of their position was a huge miss by front office. Resign him or trade for a proven player who is top 20 in his position.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nepa - 03-14-2024

I guess the one solace in losing Reader is that even if he is back to his old self, I'd probably never hear about it. He gets so little press coverage for being such an outstanding player. He'd put in a herculean effort, but because he didn't get sacks, he'd never be part of the lead story. I hope for the best for him with his new team. He deserves the best.