Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Ell Prez - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 05:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: Why don't you do us a favor and join the guys threatening to turn in their fan cards.

<--  The doors over there.

I’m sorry, im just passionate. Love my team, don’t love the moves. Is that okay? Or should I just remain quiet?

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Goalpost - 03-14-2024

To be fair, we had a slew of questions heading into this offseason. More than normal I would say. Just go thru the list of positions on the team.

If we sign a RT and NT...still possible...the draft begins less pigeon holed. Albeit most would still prefer trench type picks.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 06:42 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’m sorry, im just passionate. Love my team, don’t love the moves. Is that okay? Or should I just remain quiet?

Grampahol, is that you??

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Ell Prez - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 06:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Grampahol, is that you??

I don’t know who that is. My name is Kyle. Nice to meet you.

***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - The D.O.Z. - 03-14-2024

If they are signing Becton to play RT, I'm absolutely positive he's okay with it. He probably figures he's healed now, and a full off-season of working as a RT to get his technique down and practice strength back would extend his career. There aren't many teams looking to sign him, let alone to play LT, so he's gotta know it's now or never, and if that's at RT..so be it.

I don't like the signing myself, I feel like we really whiffed when there were better quality guys out there earlier. If we do sign him, I will however be rooting for a helluva comeback story served with a steaming hot plate of crow.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Synric - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 06:42 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’m sorry, im just passionate. Love my team, don’t love the moves. Is that okay? Or should I just remain quiet?

I'm not a fan of the Geno Stone signing. I have a feeling Ill be screaming "Grow some balls and attack your f***ing run fit" at the TV alot this season. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 06:46 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I don’t know who that is. My name is Kyle. Nice to meet you.

That was meant as a joke. Grampahol is another member on here who plays up the fact that he is much older than most of the other members.  What you wrote reminded me of something that he might say in a similar situation.  No harm intended, hope that no offense was taken as I enjoy your input and I like him as a fellow fan.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - NotBigzo - 03-14-2024

With so many glaring needs, it does beg the question of why we’re keeping Tee for one last ride when the coaster is on shaky rails.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - THE PISTONS - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 06:49 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not a fan of the Geno Stone signing. I have a feeling Ill be screaming "Grow some balls and attack your f***ing run fit" at the TV alot this season. 

Yeah. Signing guys off big int numbers from 1 year generally doesn't go well. He's also poor against the run.

Love the Bell signing.

Like the Moss signing. He was kind of ok with the Bills. He was great last year in the games JT missed. We probably get a guy in between.

Like the Rankins signing. More pass rush at DT.

Like the Gesicki signing. But, I don't know that we'll use him right. He's basically not an inline te.

Losing Jonah hurts. He was probably the best RT out there.

Losing Reader hurts. Although he misses a lot of games.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - RunKijanaRun - 03-14-2024

With all this leftover cap space, they should have signed Tee to an extension.

Now he’s tagged and likely pissed off about it. Have a feeling he’s not exactly going to tough out many bumps and bruises next year.

I remember when we were debating whether to extend Jonah or Tee. We got neither.

(03-14-2024, 07:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: With all this leftover cap space, they should have signed Tee to an extension.

Now he’s tagged and likely pissed off about it. Have a feeling he’s not exactly going to tough out many bumps and bruises next year.

I remember when we were debating whether to extend Jonah or Tee. We got neither.

They still can extend him.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - NotBigzo - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 07:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: With all this leftover cap space, they should have signed Tee to an extension.

That would be the biggest waste of cap space ever.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-14-2024

Tart has been referenced a lot in here. He is available. He has good numbers and with our rotation could stay fresh. He is ranked 8th per PFF for interior DL.

8. DI TEAIR TART, TENNESSEE TITANS
2024 Free agency rank: 71
Tart had a very strange and tumultuous 2023 season with the Titans after the two sides were unable to come to terms on an extension before the year. Tart played on the second-round restricted free agent tender for $4.3 million, but his effort and focus were questioned at times by the coaching staff before he was ultimately waived ahead of Week 15. The Houston Texans claimed Tart, with two other teams also putting in claims, so clearly the concerns weren’t so bad as to scare off suitors.

On the field, Tart is difficult to displace with just one blocker in the run game, and he has solid juice as a pass rusher. He makes a great member of a platoon as a zero- or one-technique who can push a pocket or knife through double teams, and he shows good recognition as to when to get his hands up for a batted pass.

Top free agent comparison: D.J. Jones, 2022
Player Run-defense grade Pass-rush grade True pass set pass-rush grade Pass-rush win rate APY as % of Cap at signing
Teair Tart 60.0 73.8 76.4 8.6% ?
D.J. Jones 64.0 66.9 69.1 8.2% 4.8%

Curtis Samuel to Bills.

I wanted him here.

WR, RT, NT, and CB are our issues.

Someone can piss me off giving me 21.6 million dollars for one year of work. Sarcasm

(03-14-2024, 07:07 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: That would be the biggest waste of cap space ever.

Tee Higgins is worse than nothing?

(03-14-2024, 06:49 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not a fan of the Geno Stone signing. I have a feeling Ill be screaming "Grow some balls and attack your f***ing run fit" at the TV alot this season. 

I am i sync with you most of the time. I think the Bengals took a major weakness of lack of experience and poor communication in 2023 and made our safety room a huge upgrade.

In 2023, we gave up big play after big play. Lou said it many times, our communication is the cause of the big plays.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - NATI BENGALS - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 07:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am i sync with you most of the time. I think the Bengals took a major weakness of lack of experience and poor communication in 2023 and made our safety room a huge upgrade.

In 2023, we gave up big play after big play. Lou said it many times, our communication is the cause of the big plays.

And the Ravens say big plays stopped once Stone got in the game.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Joelist - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 07:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tart has been referenced a lot in here. He is available. He has good numbers and with our rotation could stay fresh. He is ranked 8th per PFF for interior DL.

8. DI TEAIR TART, TENNESSEE TITANS
2024 Free agency rank: 71
Tart had a very strange and tumultuous 2023 season with the Titans after the two sides were unable to come to terms on an extension before the year. Tart played on the second-round restricted free agent tender for $4.3 million, but his effort and focus were questioned at times by the coaching staff before he was ultimately waived ahead of Week 15. The Houston Texans claimed Tart, with two other teams also putting in claims, so clearly the concerns weren’t so bad as to scare off suitors.

On the field, Tart is difficult to displace with just one blocker in the run game, and he has solid juice as a pass rusher. He makes a great member of a platoon as a zero- or one-technique who can push a pocket or knife through double teams, and he shows good recognition as to when to get his hands up for a batted pass.

Top free agent comparison: D.J. Jones, 2022
Player Run-defense grade Pass-rush grade True pass set pass-rush grade Pass-rush win rate APY as % of Cap at signing
Teair Tart 60.0 73.8 76.4 8.6% ?
D.J. Jones 64.0 66.9 69.1 8.2% 4.8%

I think Tart is in town now - hopefully they are getting him signed. 

(03-14-2024, 07:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Someone can piss me off giving me 21.6 million dollars for one year of work. Sarcasm

Read the cautionary tale in your prior post