Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pally - 03-15-2024

Good for Stanley. I hope he makes the team

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 01:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Those teams are willing to renegotiate contracts to save cap. We don't. It is archaic and is a huge competitive disadvantage. Borderline incompetent. Scratch that, it isn't borderline. 

Further, we subscribe to the notion that signing a bunch of average-ish players for "good value" is a better strategy that signing fewer, but higher impact guys. The Steelers got Queen & Wilson.

Now sometimes, you just cannot afford it (Bates). But we did carry over $11 mil in unused cap last year. We COULD have made it work. We just didn't want to. We don't really value S, LB, IOL, or TE. We will never pay a premium at those spots. Too dogmatic. Too ageist. Too cheap. 

There is a reason we never win it all. Mike Brown.

I’ve become a tad jaded too this FA

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - michaelsean - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 09:45 AM)Nepa Wrote: Next year, remind me to ignore posts about all the Bengals cap space and how competitors like KC will be in trouble. Somehow, the Chiefs managed to sign Chris Jones, keep Sneed, and add Hollywood Brown. They lose their all-pro punter and pick up the Punt God. Even the three teams in the AFCN, supposedly in cap hell, at least relative to the Bengals, all made some splash signings. I'm beginning to think the salary cap is just a state of mind.

Their reckoning is coming. I swear it! LOL

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 03:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Their reckoning is coming. I swear it! LOL

It better be, but we all know the devil rules this world.  Mellow

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-15-2024

The Steelers missing on their 1st post-Big Ben QB is pretty satisfying.

(03-15-2024, 03:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Their reckoning is coming. I swear it! LOL

I’ve been harping on this but I’m starting to hedge

(03-15-2024, 03:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

If Wilson gets hurt they are cooked

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - XenoMorph - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 01:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Those teams are willing to renegotiate contracts to save cap. We don't. It is archaic and is a huge competitive disadvantage. Borderline incompetent. Scratch that, it isn't borderline. 

Further, we subscribe to the notion that signing a bunch of average-ish players for "good value" is a better strategy that signing fewer, but higher impact guys. The Steelers got Queen & Wilson.

Now sometimes, you just cannot afford it (Bates). But we did carry over $11 mil in unused cap last year. We COULD have made it work. We just didn't want to. We don't really value S, LB, IOL, or TE. We will never pay a premium at those spots. Too dogmatic. Too ageist. Too cheap. 

There is a reason we never win it all. Mike Brown.

We also dont tend to have to Drop talent due to bad contracts or being over the cap

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 03:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Wilson gets hurt they are cooked

Yep and Randolph signed with the Titans too.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalbug - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 03:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Silly move by Pickett. Much likelier path to reclaim the starting gig in Pitt than eagle. It must take an injury to hurts… while Russel could play himself onto the bench.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Yogo - 03-15-2024

Smart by PITT. Picket is an overdrafted QB from a cruddy QB class year. PITT knows Bo nix, JJ McCarthy, Penix will be available in 2nd Round..... all better than Picket. This is a really good draft class.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Synric - 03-15-2024

Damn Squeelers and their stupid faces. They swap pick #120 for the Eagles #98 which like the Bengals pick #97 is perfect for moving up in the 1st round teens. I'm gonna say it again they are already looking to jump the Bengals for an Offensive Tackle.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 04:15 PM)Yogo Wrote: Smart by PITT.  Picket is an overdrafted QB from a cruddy QB class year.  PITT knows Bo nix, JJ McCarthy, Penix will be available in 2nd Round..... all better than Picket.  This is a really good draft class.

I think McCarthy is gone in round 1. Penix and Nis should be available in round 2 though. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - jj22 - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 03:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Wilson gets hurt they are cooked

They'll still be 9-8 at worse. They just need to squeeze 1 more win out of the season and they are in the playoffs.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - jj22 - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 04:06 PM)pulses Wrote: Yep and Randolph signed with the Titans too.

Are yall serious? Wishful thinking. I'll believe they will have a losing record when I see it. I've aged nearly 2 decades and haven't saw one. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 04:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think McCarthy is gone in round 1. Penix and Nis should be available in round 2 though. 

Supposedly Seattle is in love with Penix I think he goes to them in round 1.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - XenoMorph - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 04:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: They'll still be 9-8 at worse. They just need to squeeze 1 more win out of the season and they are in the playoffs.

well if we win a few games against them we maybe can change that

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Frank Booth - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 04:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: They'll still be 9-8 at worse. They just need to squeeze 1 more win out of the season and they are in the playoffs.

(03-15-2024, 04:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: Are yall serious? Wishful thinking. I'll believe they will have a losing record when I see it. I've aged nearly 2 decades and haven't saw one. 

Crazy how many people year after year think the Steelers will be some terrible team.

It literally doesn’t matter how bad their roster is, they will ALWAYS finish .500 at worst

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 02:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: ...The chiefs last year had mahomes, jones and kelce...

The Chiefs had the #2 scoring defense in the NFL.  They made it to the Super Bowl by beating the #1 scoring defense in the NFL.  In the Super Bowl they beat the #3 NFL scoring defense.  Of the final 4 teams left in the playoffs last year, only Detroit did not have a top tier defense and obviously they are trying to get there by taking guys like Reader from the Bengals while the Bengals downgrade to Tart.

You are not stopping Lamar without a good defense.  You are not stopping Mahomes without a good defense.  The Bengals dont have anyone on defense like a Chris Jones or L'jarius Sneed.  That is where the Bengals need to be talent wise.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 10:57 AM)packerbacker Wrote: How do you guys like the Bengals Free Agency so far?

I like most of the signings.  Ideally we should be keeping the good talent we already had like Reader and then adding to that talent by adding guys like Rankins.  Instead we improve in one area by adding Rankins but then take a step back by losing Reader and replacing him with lesser talent.  The rumor is Tart.  We should be much improved at the safety position by adding Geno Stone and Vonn Bell although at the CB position we have not replaced Awuzie.  The only signing I dont like so far is Becton.  Bengals fans have complained about the poor offensive line play for years and yet we bring in one of the worst pass protecting Right Tackles out there.