Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 04:34 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Chiefs had the #2 scoring defense in the NFL.  They made it to the Super Bowl by beating the #1 scoring defense in the NFL.  In the Super Bowl they beat the #3 NFL scoring defense.  Of the final 4 teams left in the playoffs last year, only Detroit did not have a top tier defense and obviously they are trying to get there by taking guys like Reader from the Bengals while the Bengals downgrade to Tart.

You are not stopping Lamar without a good defense.  You are not stopping Mahomes without a good defense.  The Bengals dont have anyone on defense like a Chris Jackson or L'jarius Sneed.  That is where the Bengals need to be talent wise.

Neither do the Chiefs. Ninja

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 04:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Neither do the Chiefs. Ninja

LOL funny but you are 100% right

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Housh - 03-15-2024

Wish we would’ve landed a big defensive fish

Imo our D is a Superstar away from being amazing

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 05:14 PM)Housh Wrote: Wish we would’ve landed a big defensive fish

Imo our D is a Superstar away from being amazing

You'd think with as many teams that was hurting for cap space we could've traded our 3rd comp for a HUGE piece on D.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 04:06 PM)pulses Wrote: Yep and Randolph signed with the Titans too.

Rudolph lol

(03-15-2024, 05:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Rudolph lol

Yeah him too Hilarious

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 04:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think McCarthy is gone in round 1. Penix and Nis should be available in round 2 though. 

I wouldn't be too sure about those guys making it to the 2nd round.  I just listened to Jim and Pat on Movin' the Chains suggesting that since the Vikings traded for the Texans' #23 pick, they might be looking to package both in an attempt to move up for one of the top 3 QBs, but then went on to say that if they fail to get into the top 3 spots that they could likely take Michael Penix at 23.  They also mentioned the Steelers as a possible player for Penix, as they would most likely not be into paying Russel Wilson big money to stay on in 2025, and that it would be a perfect situation to have a rookie developing for a year while Wilson is the starter.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - michaelsean - 03-15-2024

It feels like Penix has been in college like seven years.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalfan4life27c - 03-15-2024

How much worse are we than last year? Geno good to great upgrade same for Gesicki as far as DT and OT Reader wasn't available at end of season wasn't guarantee he would have been ready for opening part of next year coming off of multiple knee injuries hard pass. I think Carmen can be as good or even better than Jonah. Boyd and Mixon were aging future Bengal ring of honor players we need to inject some youth on the team.

(03-15-2024, 06:07 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: How much worse are we than last year? Geno good to great upgrade same for Gesicki as far as DT and OT Reader wasn't available at end of season wasn't guarantee he would have been ready for opening part of next year coming off of multiple knee injuries hard pass. I think Carmen can be as good or even better than Jonah. Boyd and Mixon were aging future Bengal ring of honor players we need to inject some youth on the team.

Slow down there, that's a lot of Bengal soup that hard to comprehend what you're actually trying to say.

On the Mixon in the ring of honor part? That would be way, waaaaay down the road. We'll need to get at least one of the top two rushers in team history up there, before his name could even come up in the conversation.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalstripes9 - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 05:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It feels like Penix has been in college like seven years.

My sources say Penix was under-utilized--should have gotten more out of him.
Coaches wanted him to stay in the pocket and let the game come to him--he ended up turning into a bit of a statue.

When he did move, they said he could have hit the hole harder, and took poor angles.

This is all just second-hand gossip though.
But to me it sounds like he's got a lot to prove.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalstripes9 - 03-15-2024

Penix sounds like Penis.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 04:46 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I like most of the signings.  Ideally we should be keeping the good talent we already had like Reader and then adding to that talent by adding guys like Rankins.  Instead we improve in one area by adding Rankins but then take a step back by losing Reader and replacing him with lesser talent.  The rumor is Tart.  We should be much improved at the safety position by adding Geno Stone and Vonn Bell although at the CB position we have not replaced Awuzie.  The only signing I dont like so far is Becton.  Bengals fans have complained about the poor offensive line play for years and yet we bring in one of the worst pass protecting Right Tackles out there.

We haven't signed Becton. Yet. 

(03-15-2024, 06:18 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Penix sounds like Penis.

You must have penis on your mind, I've never thought that about his name.  Now years ago when I was a child, my mother worked at the Bendix plant (subsidiary of Autolite) us kids had much fun with that name.

Jimmy G to the rams on a 1 yr deal

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Southpaw Frerotte - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 06:07 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I think Carmen can be as good or even better than Jonah.

Based on what?  Hopes and wishes? He’s been with the team for several years now and hasn’t sniffed a starting tackle position.  Now he’s suddenly better than the starter he’s replacing?  If the Bengals are banking on Carmen as the starting right tackle, they’re even more screwed then I thought.  

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Joelist - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 07:40 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Based on what?  Hopes and wishes? He’s been with the team for several years now and hasn’t sniffed a starting tackle position.  Now he’s suddenly better than the starter he’s replacing?  If the Bengals are banking on Carmen as the starting right tackle, they’re even more screwed then I thought.  

We saw Carman play well in 3 playoff games but he plays well specifically as a LT. He's going to land on some OL desperate team who will put him at LT and discover he is a solid starter. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Frank Booth - 03-15-2024

I cannot believe there are still Jackson Carman truthers out there

Im getting anxiety just thinking about it

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - The D.O.Z. - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 06:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You must have penis on your mind, I've never thought that about his name.  Now years ago when I was a child, my mother worked at the Bendix plant (subsidiary of Autolite) us kids had much fun with that name.
**(Beavis & Butthead laugh)**

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 03-15-2024

This is the kind of deal I wish Duke would make: https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-texans-trade-first-round-pick-2024-nfl-draft

Quote:In the deal, the Vikings acquired the No. 23 overall pick in the first round and the No. 232 selection (seventh round). The Texans get No. 42 overall (second round), No. 188 (sixth round), and a second-round pick in 2025, per Rapoport and Pelissero.

Then draft two OL in round 1 and let it ride (with Pollack Cry )