Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Joelist - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 07:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I cannot believe there are still Jackson Carman truthers out there

Im getting anxiety just thinking about it

No it's called being factual - he DID play good versus the Rats, Bills and Chiefs in the 2022 playoffs. The problem is he only can play one position decently - LT. That is just too limiting. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Frank Booth - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 07:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: No it's called being factual - he DID play good versus the Rats, Bills and Chiefs in the 2022 playoffs. The problem is he only can play one position decently - LT. That is just too limiting. 

ok so the coaching staff and front office saw those performances too. They couldve made him the future LT on a rookie 2nd round contract. That wouldve freed up so much cap space to improve other positions. 

....yet they didnt. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 07:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: No it's called being factual - he DID play good versus the Rats, Bills and Chiefs in the 2022 playoffs. The problem is he only can play one position decently - LT. That is just too limiting. 

Meh, he had fresh legs from sitting on the bench all season while playing against actual player who had battled all year long.

So the team had Mekhi Becton in town overnight, and has been meeting with Tart today, yet still no official announcement on either.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 08:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So the team had Mekhi Becton in town overnight, and has been meeting with Tart today, yet still no official announcement on either.

Not a fkn word

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Frank Booth - 03-15-2024

this doesnt inspire much confidence in Duke's drafting

[attachment=2321]

(03-15-2024, 08:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this doesnt inspire much confidence in Duke's drafting

While many are convincing themselves that this has been a good free agency period to this point, they also wonder why I am down on the team's actions to this point.

(03-15-2024, 08:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this doesnt inspire much confidence in Duke's drafting

They've made some good signings but they missed TWO that they HAD TO HAVE. With the cap space that we had it should have been handled easily.

(03-15-2024, 08:31 PM)pulses Wrote: They've made some good signings but they missed TWO that they HAD TO HAVE. With the cap space that we had it should have been handled easily.

Wait a minute, he's talking about drafting and you're talking about signings. Those are two completely different topics. If our team had drafted so well that we didn't need to focus on improvement from outside the organization, then I could get on board with what you are saying, but they haven't drafted fantastic for a consistent period of time in a while so I can't.

(03-15-2024, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wait a minute, he's talking about drafting and you're talking about signings. Those are two completely different topics. If our team had drafted so well that we didn't need to focus on improvement from outside the organization, then I could get on board with what you are saying, but they haven't drafted fantastic for a consistent period of time in a while so I can't.

Yeah the drafting has to get MUCH better.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - RunKijanaRun - 03-15-2024

No idea wtf is going on, but I’ve lowered my grade to a C-, and it’s perilously close to a D.

We need to stop applying our own context and assumptions and judge based on what the FO does, and it’s pretty ugly.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Brownshoe - 03-15-2024

We haven't been that bad in drafting and FA the past few years... If we were that bad then we would still be in the dumpster only winning a couple of games a year. You have to give the front office some credit at putting a solid team together the last few years. There was definitely a drought, but we've always found some stars every year in the draft, or added in FA. FA isn't done yet, and we have yet to draft. There's no reason to panic right now.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Joelist - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 08:52 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No idea wtf is going on, but I’ve lowered my grade to a C-, and it’s perilously close to a D.

We need to stop applying our own context and assumptions and judge based on what the FO does, and it’s pretty ugly.

Then stop trying to guess. They'll do what they'll do. This Front Office is notoriously close lipped and doesn't leak stuff so we won't hear anything until they are ready for it to be heard. 

(03-15-2024, 08:55 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We haven't been that bad in drafting and FA the past few years... If we were that bad then we would still be in the dumpster only winning a couple of games a year. You have to give the front office some credit at putting a solid team together the last few years. There was definitely a drought, but we've always found some stars every year in the draft, or added in FA. FA isn't done yet, and we have yet to draft. There's no reason to panic right now.

Haven't been that bad and "killing it" are pretty far apart.  Hell, even if they could just get the drafting and developing part down the team would be in fantastic shape for years to come.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - bengals67 - 03-15-2024

We win the Super Bowl if they had not cheaper out on the o line and we would have had someone who could block Donald for literally a second.

Been watching bengals since 1968 and that one second is almost certainly the closest we will come to winning a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

I can’t believe that anyone in management who watched us get killed by opponents running game last year would have failed to pull out every stop to get one of the top 3 DTs

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Brownshoe - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Haven't been that bad and "killing it" are pretty far apart.  Hell, even if they could just get the drafting and developing part down the team would be in fantastic shape for years to come.

Considering we went from a 2 win team to going to the SB and being contenders every year I would say that's pretty damn good. We got talented players somewhere. They just didn't just walk up to Paycor stadium and put in an application. I wouldn't even be surprised if we won the SB last year if Burrow never got hurt considering the beatdown we put on the 49ers and Bills when we were actually healthy.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - QueenCity - 03-15-2024

Trading Tee Higgins can make our team better this year if the right offer is there.

They just have to be willing to do it.... kid wants out

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - NotBigzo - 03-15-2024

Jackson Carmentes STILL exist man?

I thought you all died out.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - samhain - 03-15-2024

Not gonna happen, but I'd trust an old Tyron Smith a lot more than any FA or 1st round option at OT right now.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Ell Prez - 03-15-2024

(03-15-2024, 08:52 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No idea wtf is going on, but I’ve lowered my grade to a C-, and it’s perilously close to a D.

I’ve been saying this for days. We can’t look at this through rose colored glasses and say, well we got a better rb who can block and a te.

Plain and simple. Where did we get better: S, TE, possibly RB

Where are we worse: DT, CB, OT. What positions are more important? Our team will be worse next year, the only thing that will keep us afloat is if JB stays healthy.