Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-16-2024

(03-16-2024, 08:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why does the pick have to come at #18?  They have the freedom to trade and move if they don't like what's available when their pick comes up.

It doesn't i'm just stating that I wouldn't take Barton at 18.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Joelist - 03-16-2024

(03-16-2024, 08:35 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Well, be afraid. As you said, "Fields is one of those QBs that is dynamic against mid defenses or worse" Well, in 2023 the Bengals were 31 out if 32 in defensive rankings (embarrassingly. only ahead of Washington). Using your argument, he would flourish against a 2023 Bengal defense. And, I won't even go into the historical backup QB success rate against the Bengals. Fields is a tremendous back QB.

Unfortunately I live close to Chicago and have had to suffer through watching Fields attempting to play QB - he is BAD. The Stealers took a flyer (note the Bears couldn't even get a 2024 pick from anyone for Fields) that they could fashion him into at least a remotely usable QB. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalstripes9 - 03-16-2024

(03-16-2024, 08:35 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Well, be afraid. As you said, "Fields is one of those QBs that is dynamic against mid defenses or worse" Well, in 2023 the Bengals were 31 out if 32 in defensive rankings (embarrassingly. only ahead of Washington). Using your argument, he would flourish against a 2023 Bengal defense. And, I won't even go into the historical backup QB success rate against the Bengals. Fields is a tremendous back QB.

Yeah, like I said. I'm not scared of Fields. He's 'okay'.

If the Bengals take care of business and improve the Dline and corner depth, they'll be just fine.

I don't think Fields will see the field much. Russ will win the job and I think he could bring the Steelers back to the playoffs if their oline is good enough.

But the Steelers are a pretty mid team right now. They'll be good. But I'd be surprised if they were a contender for a deep run.

Ravens are in the conversation if their oline doesn't drop off.
Bengals are in the conversation if their D improves and they stay healthy on offense/defense.
Chiefs are in the conversation. 
Maybe the Bills.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Frank Booth - 03-16-2024

(03-16-2024, 08:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It will be hard for them to stick to the run when we are up by 14 points in the second quarter.

funny but even when the bengals have been division winners, they always struggled within the division

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - samhain - 03-16-2024

(03-16-2024, 08:59 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah, like I said. I'm not scared of Fields. He's 'okay'.

If the Bengals take care of business and improve the Dline and corner depth, they'll be just fine.

I don't think Fields will see the field much. Russ will win the job and I think he could bring the Steelers back to the playoffs if their oline is good enough.

But the Steelers are a pretty mid team right now. They'll be good. But I'd be surprised if they were a contender for a deep run.

Bengals are in the conversation if their D improves and they stay healthy on offense/defense.
Maybe the Bills.

If you have two starting quarterbacks, you have none.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Boomer Anderson - 03-16-2024

Does anyone know if we have reached out to Trent Brown. Having Orlando and Trent would give us two giant tackles.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - tms - 03-16-2024

(03-16-2024, 10:20 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Does anyone know if we have reached out to Trent Brown. Having Orlando and Trent would give us two giant tackles.

I really hope so. Hope they're exploring stuff like that (if not trades) and just holding their cards close to their vest. But I have no idea. Haven't heard anything.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Mike M (the other one) - 03-16-2024

(03-16-2024, 05:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It works for us, problem they have is no one to throw to Tee.

And If Tee is traded to them, that's HIS and THIER problem not ours.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - CottonHill - 03-16-2024

(03-16-2024, 08:59 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah, like I said. I'm not scared of Fields. He's 'okay'.

Maybe the Bills.

The Texans are going to be very good for a long time.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-16-2024

(03-16-2024, 11:19 PM)CottonHill Wrote: The Texans are going to be very good for a long time.

Jets have a revamped OL and healthy Rogers with a very good defense.

I am not sure how much longer Rogers plays, but they have a very good roster right now. 

I agree with Texans being very good as well.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - CottonHill - 03-16-2024

(03-16-2024, 11:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jets have a revamped OL and healthy Rogers with a very good defense.

I am not sure how much longer Rogers plays, but they have a very good roster right now. 

I agree with Texans being very good as well.

Absolutely. They’ve been competitive with that defense and if they get Rodgers healthy and engaged, even at his age, they will be in every game. That defense starts with big Q Williams in the middle and CJ Mosley has been underrated his whole career.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Mike M (the other one) - 03-17-2024

(03-16-2024, 08:11 PM)pulses Wrote: Karras is 2024 and Cappa in 2025....we need to be drafting their replacements ahead of time.....thats why a guy like JPJ would be good to get this year...and a RT.

(03-16-2024, 08:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or, if you don't want the short armed guy at C, you could take Graham Barton and plug him in.

Either is Fine, even Zach Frazier.
The thing is, if they are better than Karras, then Karras can slide to LG, thus 2 4 1 on OL upgrades.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-17-2024

(03-17-2024, 12:00 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Either is Fine, even Zach Frazier.
The thing is, if they are better than Karras, then Karras can slide to LG, thus 2 4 1 on OL upgrades.

They aren't gonna take Volson out....it's stupid but it's not gonna happen....they are gonna go down with that dude.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-17-2024

(03-16-2024, 08:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: Lest we forget the other AFC North teams have turnover too.

So far the Rats have lost 3 starting O linemen and on defense Stone, Queen and Clowney so far. Henry is the only add of note.

Stains added a head case in Jeudy and some smaller fish and that is pretty much it.

Steelers redid the QB room and added Queen. They lost Diontae Johnson too.

We lost Reader, Williams, Mixon, Boyd and Awuzie and added Stone, Moss, Rankins, Bell, Gesicki so far.

Everyone we added is an upgrade to their position group (3T, Safety, TE/Slot, RB) but we do have a pair of gaps at RT and NT.

So the whole division is experiencing turnover and wait till the draft, there will be more. So far I think we're doing pretty well - I'm not going to freak out because of a lack of immediate news.

Ravens also lost Edwards, Beckham and Dobbins is not signed. Neither of three in our division have a lot of cap space. Maybe the Ravens have guys they have developed to step in for Moses, Simpson and Zeitler, but if they do, what is their depth like right now? 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Mike M (the other one) - 03-17-2024

(03-17-2024, 12:03 AM)pulses Wrote: They aren't gonna take Volson out....it's stupid but it's not gonna happen....they are gonna go down with that dude.

To an extent, but he still hasn't shown improvement in his pass protection and that's what we are, is a passing team. He'd excel on a Rushing first team.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - JoeyB2023 - 03-17-2024

I agree with this. Unless ur a new bengals fan back ups qbs and end that shouldn’t do against the bengals religiously. Taking into consideration the 2023 stat above I would expect fields to come here and run and throw all around. Probably get the dub. That’s just bengals football.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - michaelsean - 03-17-2024

(03-16-2024, 07:52 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Everyone in this division is doing work except for us. Can’t even close the deal with an average OL and a DT who was cut mid-season. But we have cap space. And a disgruntled #2 WR. And an OL which has gone from bad to worse.

Baltimore has signed one guy and lost like 5, and traded their RT. At this point they are not as good as last year.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-17-2024

(03-17-2024, 12:00 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Either is Fine, even Zach Frazier.

I think the point in drafting your prospective new Center a year ahead is so that he can learn the protection calls from the existing Center.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-17-2024

So, what did I miss since yesterday? I fully expected to log on today and see threads welcoming our newest Bengals to the team, and everyone rejoicing that the Bengals now had all of the major roster holes filled with at least stop-gap players.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 03-17-2024

(03-17-2024, 12:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, what did I miss since yesterday?  I fully expected to log on today and see threads welcoming our newest Bengals to the team, and everyone rejoicing that the Bengals now had all of the major roster holes filled with at least stop-gap players.

I don't believe you missed any Bengals news or action.

[Image: crickets-crickets-chirping.gif]