Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalbug - 03-18-2024

(03-18-2024, 09:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Since Becton (OL) and Tart (DL) haven't signed does it perhaps suggest contracts couldn't be agreed upon or maybe one side in the party lost interest?

As of today, it seems certain pick 18 now needs to be a RT who can immediately start.

I'm not feeling good about Tee being a significant factor this season based on believing a tagged player who requested a trade isn't going to be in the best of mindset to win.

Trent brown is also still out there, and a few others. Trent brown would likely be an upgrade over Jonah, IMO.

Tart would be a miss. He has had some very productive years… last year being an outlier.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - WeezyBengal - 03-18-2024

I find it odd the Rankins signing hasn't been "officially" announced yet. What is the holdup here? Everyone else has signed but him...

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - casear2727 - 03-18-2024

(03-18-2024, 09:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I find it odd the Rankins signing hasn't been "officially" announced yet. What is the holdup here? Everyone else has signed but him...

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalbug - 03-18-2024

(03-18-2024, 10:22 AM)casear2727 Wrote:  

His press conference is live now

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - XenoMorph - 03-18-2024

(03-18-2024, 09:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I find it odd the Rankins signing hasn't been "officially" announced yet. What is the holdup here? Everyone else has signed but him...

just had to wait for his butt to get into the building i guess

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Joelist - 03-18-2024

Yeah Rankins is official now - I guess they are not announcing stuff until they can actually do the presser?

(03-18-2024, 10:28 AM)Joelist Wrote: Yeah Rankins is official now - I guess they are not announcing stuff until they can actually do the presser?

Bengals generally didnt announce things till they were actually Signed 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 03-18-2024

(03-18-2024, 09:22 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Trent brown is also still out there, and a few others.  Trent brown would likely be an upgrade over Jonah, IMO.

Tart would be a miss.  He has had some very productive years… last year being an outlier.

I'd be down for them signing Brown as long as it doesn't break the bank. I'm not worried about the internet rumblings I've read describing him as having a bad attitude. I think players snap out of that when winning occurs and if they are satisfied with their contract.

(03-18-2024, 10:32 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd be down for them signing Brown as long as it doesn't break the bank. I'm not worried about the internet rumblings I've read describing him as having a bad attitude. I think players snap out of that when winning occurs and if they are satisfied with their contract.

which brown you putting @ RT?

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - sandwedge - 03-18-2024

(03-18-2024, 09:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Here is a list of who is still out there  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agency-best-available-free-agents
A lot of recognizable names, but I'm not really sure where they are in their careers at the moment.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalstripes9 - 03-18-2024

(03-16-2024, 11:19 PM)CottonHill Wrote: The Texans are going to be very good for a long time.

You’re right, they could certainly take the next step this year.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-18-2024

(03-18-2024, 10:32 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd be down for them signing Brown as long as it doesn't break the bank. I'm not worried about the internet rumblings I've read describing him as having a bad attitude. I think players snap out of that when winning occurs and if they are satisfied with their contract.

Sometimes a bad attitude is a good quality for a DT to have.

(03-18-2024, 10:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: which brown you putting @ RT?

Trent has played RT, we are not moving OBjr. That is not a even a consideration. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TecmoBengals - 03-18-2024

(03-18-2024, 10:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: which brown you putting @ RT?

I was responding to a poster saying Trent Brown is available in FA as a RT.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Ell Prez - 03-18-2024

(03-18-2024, 12:58 AM)Housh Wrote: There’s a group of ppl who will forever think the worst of the Bengals FO

In reality the Burrow deal probably signaled the end of guys like Reader, Hubbard, Bates, and Mixon.

It is what it is. Burrow is worth more than them COMBINED.

I actually think we’ve been managing our cap exceptionally with the Burrow contract.

Since the Zac Taylor era, I think the bengals front office has done amazing. About as good as anyone in the league, except maybe a couple franchises.

This off season has been a nightmare. There aren’t any good D lineman or OL left in FA that will make this team better than the 2023 version. We had a ton of cap space, ridiculous amount. If I told you before FA, that with 70M in cap space we wouldn’t be able to sign Jonnah Williams, Reader, Tee wouldn’t be given a long term deal, we cut Mixon to cap space, and didn’t resign Chido…what would you say we spent that $70M on?

We resigned back ups: Cody ford, Irwin, Gaither, Sample.
New 1 year deal to a 3M te. 2 year deal to a DT, 2 year deal to a 7M S.

That’s the off-season in a nutshell. You don’t think the $70M could have been spent better? I mean, at least lock up Tee. FFS, this 2024 team is worse than the 2023 team.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Tomkat - 03-18-2024

(03-18-2024, 11:08 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: FFS, this 2024 team is worse than the 2023 team.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.  Burrow missed too much of the 2023 season to establish any sort of baseline for comparison.

(03-18-2024, 10:22 AM)casear2727 Wrote:  

OK now I am going to try this one: 

I find it kind of weird Tart and Trent Brown haven't signed yet. Hopefully we can get it done soon. 

(03-18-2024, 11:32 AM)Tomkat Wrote: You have absolutely no way of knowing that.  Burrow missed too much of the 2023 season to establish any sort of baseline for comparison.

Roster wise it is 100% worse. Then currently don't have a starting NT or RT on the roster. 

(03-18-2024, 11:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: OK now I am going to try this one: 

I find it kind of weird Tart and Trent Brown haven't signed yet. Hopefully we can get it done soon. 

Hilarious

Had no idea Rankins had two achilles injuries. Yikes.