Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: { All Things Biden & Trump } (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Things-Biden-Trump)
+---- Thread: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” (/Thread-Trump-Adolf-Hitler-%E2%80%9Cdid-some-good-things-%E2%80%9D)

Pages: 1 2 3

Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - pally - 03-11-2024

According to his former Chief of Staff, Trump praised Hitler's leadership. Didn't Marge Schott say something like that once and was universally condemed?

For a new book, John Kelly was interviewed. The discussion concerned Trump's love of dictators. This is on the heels of his weekend meeting with Hungarian Authoritarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban. He called Orban "fantastic" and liked that he could say" this is the way its going to be and it is done" Trump frequently equates power based on fear to real leadership. The more powerful the person is, in his opinion, the better leader he is. Thus his ongoing praise for authoritarians, dictators, autocrats, etc. He envies them and desires to have their power. Power like that, of course, is as far away from our Democratic Republic, as can be

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/politics/trump-despots-advisers-sound-alarm/index.html
In conversations with John Kelly

Quote:“He said, ‘Well, but Hitler did some good things.’ I said, ‘Well, what?’ And he said, ‘Well, [Hitler] rebuilt the economy.’ But what did he do with that rebuilt economy? He turned it against his own people and against the world. And I said, ‘Sir, you can never say anything good about the guy. Nothing,’” Kelly recounted. “I mean, Mussolini was a great guy in comparison.”

and loyalty to him vs loyalty to country

Quote:Trump’s admiration for Hitler went further than the German leader’s economic policies, according to Kelly. Trump also expressed admiration for Hitler’s hold on senior Nazi officers. Trump lamented that Hitler, as Kelly recounted, maintained his senior staff’s “loyalty,” while Trump himself often did not.

“He would ask about the loyalty issues and about how, when I pointed out to him the German generals as a group were not loyal to him, and in fact tried to assassinate him a few times, and he didn’t know that,” Kelly recalled. “He truly believed, when he brought us generals in, that we would be loyal — that we would do anything he wanted us to do,” Kelly told me.

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - Arturo Bandini - 03-11-2024

To be fair. Hungary is completely irrelevant in Europe.

They had their days before WWI but it's long gone.

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - SunsetBengal - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 07:17 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: To be fair. Hungary is completely irrelevant in Europe.

But at least they're still famous for goulash.

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - HarleyDog - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 07:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But at least they're still famous for goulash.

I love goulash. 

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - Nately120 - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 07:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I love goulash. 

The gazpacho police are gonna throw you in the goulash!  Side note, there is a bowling alley in town here that always has some sort of odd food special posted on their sign and it was goulash once.  No, I hadn't stopped in for bowling alley goulash yet.

As for Trump, his followers are so loyal he could openly court the same Nazi party the greatest generation died fighting and he wouldn't lose any supporters. 

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - basballguy - 03-11-2024

Wasn’t this fake news like 6 years ago?

Must be that time of year for CNN

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - pally - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 08:53 PM)basballguy Wrote: Wasn’t this fake news like 6 years ago?

ask his former Chief of Staff John Kelly...he was the one who provided the quote

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - basballguy - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 09:04 PM)pally Wrote: ask his former Chief of Staff John Kelly...he was the one who provided the quote

I guess it was only 3 years ago. Same “source” same news outlet.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/07/politics/donald-trump-adolf-hitler-book-claims/index.html

CNN is trying too hard

(03-11-2024, 09:04 PM)pally Wrote: ask his former Chief of Staff John Kelly...he was the one who provided the quote

(03-11-2024, 09:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: I guess it was only 3 years ago.  Same “source” same news outlet.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/07/politics/donald-trump-adolf-hitler-book-claims/index.html

CNN is trying too hard

This "story" sounded like a retread, turns out my intuition was right.

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - samhain - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 07:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But at least they're still famous for goulash.

chicken paprikash

(03-11-2024, 09:31 PM)samhain Wrote: chicken paprikash

Oh, forgot about that one.  Hooray for Hungary and their culinary delights!

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - NATI BENGALS - 03-11-2024

lol @ the people voting for someone who praises hitlers leadership

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - Mike M (the other one) - 03-11-2024

Each system has pro's and con's. It's who's in charge that makes them good or bad.

Democracy is at a stalemate because it's run by 2 major parties that don't agree with each other.

As we saw in some posts the other day, Biden and Trumps (pro-COVID) tenures were relatively the same.
The biggest differences between them is Inflation and Immigration.

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - JustWinBaby - 03-11-2024

I'm old enough to remember when Democrats cheered "I've got a pen, and I've got a phone".  And the other side justifiably bitched about that - I think I even remember some derisive comments about "King" and "3rd Term".

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - Dill - 03-12-2024

(03-11-2024, 09:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Each system has pro's and con's. It's who's in charge that makes them good or bad.

??   So it's NOT about checks and balances then, and rule of law?

The right guy in charge of North Korea and who knows?

(03-11-2024, 09:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Democracy is at a stalemate because it's run by 2 major parties that don't agree with each other.

As we saw in some posts the other day, Biden and Trumps (pro-COVID) tenures were relatively the same.
The biggest differences between them is Inflation and Immigration.

You'd agree that Trump and Biden handled COVID differently, wouldn't you?

One defunded our emergency response before the pandemic,

then refused to recognize the danger for months and then wouldn't wear a mask.

He ramped up vaccine production, but then began tweeting anti-vaxx messages.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022103119302628

In consequence, his supporters experienced significantly higher rates of infection.

The other one was Biden, who treated the emergency like an emergency.

(03-11-2024, 11:21 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm old enough to remember when Democrats cheered "I've got a pen, and I've got a phone".  And the other side justifiably bitched about that - I think I even remember some derisive comments about "King" and "3rd Term".

I'm old enough to remember when most Americans could tell the difference 

between an autocrat and a (small "d") democrat.

Kelly has confirmed he said what was attributed to him.

What's the "fake" part?

(03-11-2024, 07:17 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: To be fair. Hungary is completely irrelevant in Europe.

Not so sure about that, Arty.  He's Putin's foothold in the EU.

In any case, he's become relevant in America,

a favorite of the GOP presumptive nominee and the CPAC audience;

though they're a bit worried about his opposition to "mixing races,"

they seem comfortable with his anti-gay and anti-globalist stance.

All good news for those who believe we have forgotten this is a Christian nation.

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - Nately120 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:32 PM)Dill Wrote: Kelly has confirmed he said what was attributed to him.

What's the "fake" part?

The fake part is Trump's statement that he only hires the best people seeing as every day someone he hired/appointed either admits terrible stuff Trump did/said or lies about Trump doing/saying terrible things.

RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - Mike M (the other one) - 03-14-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:30 PM)Dill Wrote: ??   So it's NOT about checks and balances then, and rule of law?

The right guy in charge of North Korea and who knows?

You'd agree that Trump and Biden handled COVID differently, wouldn't you?

One defunded our emergency response before the pandemic,

then refused to recognize the danger for months and then wouldn't wear a mask.

He ramped up vaccine production, but then began tweeting anti-vaxx messages.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022103119302628

In consequence, his supporters experienced significantly higher rates of infection.

The other one was Biden, who treated the emergency like an emergency.

would he have handled it differently? 
We don't know for sure as it's all hindsight now.

But somethings you have to decide for yourself and that was one of them. Relying on the Gov to tell you want to do is rarely a good thing.

But if you want to really play that game. Would Trump have handled the Immigrant Problem better?? We don't really know, it all depends on how much HE does and how much Congress Lets him do.