Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Round 1 (Board Picks) - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Round 1 (Board Picks) (/Thread-Round-1-Board-Picks)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Synric - 03-27-2024

Monti Ossenfort really has it made sitting at #4... The Vikings are begging to trade up from 11 likely giving up three 1st round picks.

Cardinals go Marvin Harrison Jr. at #4

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Synric - 03-27-2024

(03-27-2024, 11:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Chargers are OTC. They've sent away their top 2 WRs so WR might be a good move.

Maybe but Harbaugh did just go on a mini rant about OL being the most important position. Malik Nabers is BPA though.

Nabers to thr Chargers.

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Okeana - 03-27-2024

I think that Brock Bowers needs to be considered. Jim likes his tight ends, but if it’s wr the Malik Nabers is the obvious choice. Historically chargers like tall receivers, maybe Rome

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - bfine32 - 03-27-2024

(03-27-2024, 11:23 AM)Okeana Wrote: I think that Brock Bowers needs to be considered.  Jim likes his tight ends, but if it’s wr the Malik Nabers is the obvious choice.  Historically chargers like tall receivers, maybe Rome

Rome is personally my favorite WR in the draft. When the likes of Marv Jr. are skipping everything this dude is doing things like this:
Rome Odunze put on a show at NFL combine, then did something rarely ever seen (msn.com)

Quote:With Lucas Oil Stadium nearly empty, Odunze was on the field repeatedly re-running his three-cone drill. Despite already notching the fourth-highest score (6.88) of his receiver class, he had clipped a cone while attempting to get a better score. So he went again. And again. And again. Five times in all, until NFL Network cameras noticed he was doing a drill in a stadium that was effectively abandoned.

Gimme that dude. 

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-27-2024

Bowers or best WR for the Chargers. Or a trade down with a QB needy team (Minny/Denver).

If they stay, I think it is Bowers or Nabers.

I will go Nabers, WR, LSU.

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-27-2024

Yep, I could see Harbaugh going OL and taking Alt.

(03-27-2024, 12:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Bowers or best WR for the Chargers. Or a trade down with a QB needy team (Minny/Denver).

If they stay, I think it is Bowers or Nabers.

I will go Nabers, WR, LSU.

Personally I think Minny will trade w/ Arizona if Maye's still on the board; but unfortunately, we're not doing trades.

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Luvnit2 - 03-27-2024

Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT Penn State

Harbaugh knows him and grabs him to build the trenches.

I think it would be fun to look at our board and see how we did after round 1. 

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-27-2024

(03-27-2024, 12:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Rome is personally my favorite WR in the draft. When the likes of Marv Jr. are skipping everything this dude is doing things like this:
Rome Odunze put on a show at NFL combine, then did something rarely ever seen (msn.com)

Gimme that dude. 

Same, love Rome Odunze, hope the piss towel team doesn't trade up for him.

I think the Chargers take Alt though, the smart move.

Rasawn Slater has been very good at LT for the Bolts and Pipkens is average. I guess they could look to upgrade but top 5 seems pretty high. I think they give Herbert a weapon.

Classic Harbaugh would be to trade Herbert for a haul (both Minny's first-rounders and Jefferson) and take McCarthy.

(03-27-2024, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Rasawn Slater has been very good at LT for the Bolts and Pipkens is average. I guess they could look to upgrade but top 5 seems pretty high. I think they give Herbert a weapon.

Classic Harbaugh would be to trade Herbert for a haul (both Minny's first-rounders and Jefferson) and take McCarthy.

I agree that OL isn't their biggest need, its either WR, Brock Bowers, or a edge/cb.  They are so thin at corner and I have Quinyon Mitchell as a blue chip top 10 corner all day.

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - NATI BENGALS - 03-27-2024

Quentin Johnson looked like a bust to me last year. And they took him in the first round. And he had a rookie year with modest production. Palmer could be decent and is going on the final year of his rookie deal. Not much behind those two. Nabers lit up his pro day today.

I don’t think they want to have a big expensive strong armed QB who has nobody to throw to. So I say they go Nabers.

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-27-2024

Lot's of different thoughts on the Chargers pick, interesting.

I figured Jim would want to solidify the Tackles in front of Herbert first, but what do I know? Pipkens never impressed me.

It is a deep Draft at Tackle though and Rome, Nabers and Bowers are all rare talents as Receivers. I would take Rome though myself
but I am bias towards the guy. Was the most impressive WR I watched last year.

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Bengalstripes9 - 03-27-2024

The Chargers historically value receivers.
They just lost their top 2 receivers and the rookie pick from last year (at WR) dissapointed.

I think they go with one of the top WR prospects here. If they don't, they go OT. But they have a good tackle and could draft tackle later if they want.

They're in a great spot to take a top end WR prospect here and I don't think they pass it up.

RD1 PK1: CHICAGO BEARS: CALEB WILLIAMS- QB/USC
RD1 PK2: WASHINGTON COMMANDERS: JAYDEN DANIELS- QB/LSU
RD1 PK3: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: DRAKE MAYE-QB/UNC
RD1 PK4: ARIZONA CARDINALS: MARVIN HARRISON JR/OSU
RD1 PK5- LOS ANGELES CHARGERS: MALIK NABERS-WR/LSU

NY GIANTS are OTC

They need a lot. QB, WR, OL, CB. Good time for BPA here. Question is: Who is it or do they go QB to sit behind Danny Dimes for a year?

(03-27-2024, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: RD1 PK1: CHICAGO BEARS: CALEB WILLIAMS- QB/USC
RD1 PK2: WASHINGTON COMMANDERS: JAYDEN DANIELS- QB/LSU
RD1 PK3: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: DRAKE MAYE-QB/UNC
RD1 PK4: ARIZONA CARDINALS: MARVIN HARRISON JR/OSU
RD1 PK5- LOS ANGELES CHARGERS: MALIK NABERS-WR/LSU

NY GIANTS are OTC

They need a lot. QB, WR, OL, CB. Good time for BPA here. Question is: Who is it or do they go QB to sit behind Danny Dimes for a year?
JJ McCarthy, send it in.

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Bengalstripes9 - 03-28-2024

Again I would go WR here just because there is one elite prospect left at the position.
The Giants could take him or trade down for someone wanting to draft him.

Of course they could use the oline help too, but they can get that later in the draft.
Historically the Giants value pass rusher as well so that is an option.

The giants haven't had a true number one receiver since Beckham though.
I vote they go WR here.

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - NATI BENGALS - 03-28-2024

That would be crazy. 3 QBs 3 WRs. I could see it.

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Luvnit2 - 03-28-2024

I see McCarthy with the pick. I know we don't do trades, but in my opinion, it won't be Giants making this pick, it will be the Vikings. I think FO saying they approve of an early round QB pick is a smoke screen to get 3 first round picks, 2 in 2024 and one in 2025.

RE: Round 1 (Board Picks) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-28-2024

McCarthy to the Giants.