Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Hendrickson has requested a trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Hendrickson has requested a trade (/Thread-Hendrickson-has-requested-a-trade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 02:02 PM)J24 Wrote: Who cares who the good guys are? What's best for the team is trading Trey and Tee to the highest bidders. The FO needs to stop being so damn emotional and do what's best for the team!  

Paul Brown had no problems with trading players in the 70s and 80s. Bill Bergy,  Charlie Joyner, Coy Beacon, Lemmar Parrish, and Pete Johnson.

Trey is a 29 going on 30 Edge Rusher who's game is built on pure speed. Those players don't tend to age well and it's best to move on before the decline begins.

The FO isn't emotional here, Tee and Trey are lol

But yeah, if we get some good offers I am all for trading them. I think Trey has maxed out with us and we can get some really good WR's
in this draft that can put up what Tee did last year no problem. 656 yards and 5 TD's is not hard to duplicate.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - depthchart - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 02:02 PM)J24 Wrote: Who cares who the good guys are? What's best for the team is trading Trey and Tee to the highest bidders. The FO needs to stop being so damn emotional and do what's best for the team!  

Paul Brown had no problems with trading players in the 70s and 80s. Bill Bergy,  Charlie Joyner, Coy Beacon, Lemmar Parrish, and Pete Johnson.

Trey is a 29 going on 30 Edge Rusher who's game is built on pure speed. Those players don't tend to age well and it's best to move on before the decline begins.

Trey had a Career Year 17.5 sacks which he and his Agent want to Maximize financially.

Conversely, the Bengals could Maximize his Trade value which may be at it's Peak coming off the Career year.

Not saying that I would Trade him but it makes me wonder what the Best Offers might be.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - J24 - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The FO isn't emotional here, Tee and Trey are lol

But yeah, if we get some good offers I am all for trading them. I think Trey has maxed out with us and we can get some really good WR's
in this draft that can put up what Tee did last year no problem. 656 yards and 5 TD's is not hard to duplicate.
Both sides are being emotional; the FO would rather win a war of words with a player than trade him.
(04-25-2024, 02:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: Trey had a Career Year 17.5 sacks which he and his Agent want to Maximize financially.

Conversely, the Bengals could Maximize his Trade value which may be at it's Peak coming off the Career year.

Not saying that I would Trade him but it makes me wonder what the Best Offers might be.

Sell high and buy low!

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 02:14 PM)J24 Wrote: Both sides are being emotional; the FO would rather win a war of words with a player than trade him.

Sell high and buy low!

.....I haven't heard a peep out of the front office on this, have you?

(04-25-2024, 02:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: Trey had a Career Year 17.5 sacks which he and his Agent want to Maximize financially.

Alternate universe theory....what if it was the Bengals who leaked this to move up in the draft? Tongue

(04-25-2024, 02:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....I haven't heard a peep out of the front office on this, have you?

The fact that they won't trade him for.the sake of not trading a player isn’t being emotional?

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 02:14 PM)J24 Wrote: Both sides are being emotional; the FO would rather win a war of words with a player than trade him.

Sell high and buy low!

Haven't heard anything from the FO.

Agree, sell high and buy low. Yah never know what we could get for Trey after his last season honestly...

(04-25-2024, 02:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....I haven't heard a peep out of the front office on this, have you?

Nothing, haven't heard a thing and that is the way to handle it until it is time.

(04-25-2024, 02:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Alternate universe theory....what if it was the Bengals who leaked this to move up in the draft? Tongue

Hey, let's take advantage of it. Smirk

(04-25-2024, 02:33 PM)J24 Wrote: The fact that they won't trade him for.the sake of not trading a player isn’t being emotional?

They were never going to trade these guy's before the Draft. We will see tonight or tomorrow...

(04-25-2024, 02:33 PM)J24 Wrote: The fact that they won't trade him for.the sake of not trading a player isn’t being emotional?

I was referring to war of words part. I legitimately haven't heard them say anything about this yet. No refusal to trade, no open to trading him. Nothing. That's what I'm asking, have you heard them mention anything officially?

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Destro - 04-25-2024

They should point and laugh at him. "See you in camp, pal."

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Stewy - 04-25-2024

You're formulating a completely made up assumption that they won't trade, just to not trade him and then bashing them based upon your made up formulation.

I think you need an internet break friend....

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - BengalFanInCanada - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 02:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was referring to war of words part. I legitimately haven't heard them say anything about this yet. No refusal to trade, no open to trading him. Nothing. That's what I'm asking, have you heard them mention anything officially?

It just happened yesterday, maybe they want a second to think about it.

(04-25-2024, 02:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was referring to war of words part. I legitimately haven't heard them say anything about this yet. No refusal to trade, no open to trading him. Nothing. That's what I'm asking, have you heard them mention anything officially?
Paul Dehner confirmed that they won't trade either Tee or Trey pre draft!
(04-25-2024, 02:38 PM)Stewy Wrote: You're formulating a completely made up assumption that they won't trade, just to not trade him and then bashing them based upon your made up formulation.

I think you need an internet break friend....

Paul Dehner confirmed they won't trade either Trey or Tee last night! 

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - 007BengalsFan - 04-25-2024

If they trade him they take close to an 8 million dollar cap hit for money they have already paid Trey and they lose a good pass rushing defensive end.  It would be hard to make up for that with a draft pick unless it is a really high one.  The cost for the Bengals to trade Trey would be high therefore the compensation needs to be high as well.

You also have to question what kind of precedent does that set if players can keep demanding contract changes year after year because they want more money than they agreed to.  BJ Hill is in the final year of his contract, maybe he should threaten to retire too before the season.  Maybe Rankins decides his one year contract he just signed isnt enough so he refuses to play as well.  Were does it end if you allow this to happen?  Hendrickson has only played 3 seasons for the Bengals so far and this is the third time he is seeking a large contract from the Bengals.  The guy hasnt even completed his first contract he signed with the Bengals and yet he is going back to the Bengals a third time.  Its crazy.  I dont see how anyone can defend that type of behavior.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - 740Bengal - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 01:28 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: No.You don't reward him,by trading him.He just signed the extension 9 months ago.He can either play ,or sit out and make zero.

100!

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - depthchart - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 02:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Alternate universe theory....what if it was the Bengals who leaked this to move up in the draft? Tongue

I'm getting confused.

Just who took a Leak on who first ?   Twitch

(04-25-2024, 02:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If they trade him they take close to an 8 million dollar cap hit for money they have already paid Trey and they lose a good pass rushing defensive end.  It would be hard to make up for that with a draft pick unless it is a really high one.  The cost for the Bengals to trade Trey would be high therefore the compensation needs to be high as well.

You also have to question what kind of precedent does that set if players can keep demanding contract changes year after year because they want more money than they agreed to.  BJ Hill is in the final year of his contract, maybe he should threaten to retire too before the season.  Maybe Rankins decides his one year contract he just signed isnt enough so he refuses to play as well.  Were does it end if you allow this to happen?  Hendrickson has only played 3 seasons for the Bengals so far and this is the third time he is seeking a large contract from the Bengals.  The guy hasnt even completed his first contract he signed with the Bengals and yet he is going back to the Bengals a third time.  Its crazy.  I dont see how anyone can defend that type of behavior.

Good points 007. Sounds like a no go on a Trey trade then. Rankins is a 2 year contract though BTW.

I don't see how anyone can defend this type of behavior either by Trey. The Bengals have treated him more than fair.

(04-25-2024, 02:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If they trade him they take close to an 8 million dollar cap hit for money they have already paid Trey and they lose a good pass rushing defensive end.  It would be hard to make up for that with a draft pick unless it is a really high one.  The cost for the Bengals to trade Trey would be high therefore the compensation needs to be high as well.

They would save 12 million in cap if they trade Trey!

Who's defending Trey here? 

The Bengals should do what's best for the Bengals; Trey is an aging player coming off an near elite season. If the FO can get a good deal for him then they should pull the trigger. 

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Big_Ern - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well let him. If he later "unretires" we will still own his rights.

Yeah I doubt that he'd really do that 

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - 007BengalsFan - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 07:11 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: ...His agent is an idiot... "he's going to retire and leave $30mil on the table". Sure thing pal...

Not only would he lose the 30 million on the table for retiring but he would also need to pay the Bengals back part of the signing bonus for not finishing out his contract so he would owe the Bengals close to 8 million dollars.     It's the old Barry Sanders rule