Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Hendrickson has requested a trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Hendrickson has requested a trade (/Thread-Hendrickson-has-requested-a-trade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-06-2024

(05-05-2024, 06:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He doesn’t want out. He just realized that he signed a bad deal well under market value, and wants something closer to what other high end pass rushers have been getting this offseason (Josh Allen, Brian Burns, Danielle Hunter, etc). Who he should really be mad at is his agent, not the team.

(05-06-2024, 01:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly, he stated his goal is to sign a multi-year contract here. The trade request is just a leverage ploy. He was second in sacks last year, he overperformed his contract and his agent underperformed. 

This makes much more sense and makes me feel better about the entire situation, especially Trey Hendrickson.

He is a football player after all and that is what he concentrates on. His agent let him down, by having him sign that first contract in the first
place and then going public with the trade request. Just stupid on the agent's part. As much as I don't like Tee's agent, he hasn't done something 
this dumb, at least not yet that I know of.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - bengalfan74 - 05-06-2024

(05-06-2024, 02:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This makes much more sense and makes me feel better about the entire situation, especially Trey Hendrickson.

He is a football player after all and that is what he concentrates on. His agent let him down, by having him sign that first contract in the first
place and then going public with the trade request. Just stupid on the agent's part. As much as I don't like Tee's agent, he hasn't done something 
this dumb, at least not yet that I know of.

He's averaged 13 sacks a season over last 3 years. That puts him in top 10 DE's for sure. He needs a 6 or 7 million a year raise and I don't blame him for wanting it. And like is being said that's not the Bengals fault it's his agent's. 

That being said I just think it could have been handled better by both parties.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - pally - 05-13-2024

Trey was at voluntary OTA's today. Fingers crossed that means good things

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - bfine32 - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 05:06 PM)pally Wrote: Trey was at voluntary OTA's today.  Fingers crossed that means good things

Love seeing this

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Bengalbug - 05-13-2024

(05-06-2024, 02:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's averaged 13 sacks a season over last 3 years. That puts him in top 10 DE's for sure. He needs a 6 or 7 million a year raise and I don't blame him for wanting it. And like is being said that's not the Bengals fault it's his agent's. 

For DE.

Trey is number 9 in total cash ($15.5) for 2024.

Trey is number 6 in contract average $21m.

Trey is number 4 in base salary $14.8m

Trey is number 6 by cap hit $20.16m

Trey is number 10 in 2 year cash value $33m

Trey is number 9 in 3 year cash value $49m

He is already paid like a top 10 defensive end.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - ochocincos - 05-13-2024

(05-06-2024, 02:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's averaged 13 sacks a season over last 3 years. That puts him in top 10 DE's for sure. He needs a 6 or 7 million a year raise and I don't blame him for wanting it. And like is being said that's not the Bengals fault it's his agent's. 

I mean, you could also argue that's the point of negotiating contracts.
If you feel you're worth X amount but only offered Y, that's your choice whether to sign said contract or seek other opportunities.

I am firmly in the camp that you work through your contract and you look for any increased $$ in your next upcoming contract negotiations.

(05-13-2024, 05:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I mean, you could also argue that's the point of negotiating contracts.
If you feel you're worth X amount but only offered Y, that's your choice whether to sign said contract or seek other opportunities.

I am firmly in the camp that you work through your contract and you look for any increased $$ in your next upcoming contract negotiations.

Regarding your second point, that’s fair if the contract is a two way street. in the NFL, it’s not. Trey could be cut at any point with minimal consequence.

However, per my post above, it isn’t like he is underpaid. In fact, based on future production, I would say that he is appropriately paid for the next 3 years. Trey is approaching 30, so you have to take that into consideration.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - jj22 - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 05:06 PM)pally Wrote: Trey was at voluntary OTA's today.  Fingers crossed that means good things

That's a great sign that things may be smoothing over. 

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - wanga - 05-13-2024

Good to see.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - ochocincos - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 05:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Regarding your second point, that’s fair if the contract is a two way street. in the NFL, it’s not.  Trey could be cut at any point with minimal consequence.

However, per my post above, it isn’t like he is underpaid.  In fact, based on future production, I would say that he is appropriately paid for the next 3 years. Trey is approaching 30, so you have to take that into consideration.

Well, that's why we're seeing more and more guaranteed money being negotiated into contracts.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - pally - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 05:20 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: For DE.

Trey is number 9 in total cash ($15.5) for 2024.

Trey is number 6 in contract average $21m.

Trey is number 4 in base salary $14.8m

Trey is number 6 by cap hit $20.16m

Trey is number 10 in 2 year cash value $33m

Trey is number 9 in 3 year cash value $49m

He is already paid like a top 10 defensive end.

except he isn't just a top 10 DE...he's a top 5 DE since he became a Bengal.   

(05-13-2024, 06:01 PM)pally Wrote: except he isn't just a top 10 DE...he's a top 5 DE since he became a Bengal.   

In sacking the QB sure, what about the rest of his game? Two years ago he was not a top 5 DE, maybe not top 10. He is appropriately paid. If he was Aaron Donald, Myles garret, he would have a gripe.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Clark W Griswold - 05-13-2024

Would love to hear Trey’s thoughts on this whole thing.
Did he not talk to the press today?

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Luvnit2 - 05-13-2024

I get it when players outplay the contract they agreed upon.

The problem I have is I don't see players and agents who under play their contract come forward and ask the team for a cut because they had a bad year.

The Bengals as a rule honor their good or bad contracts. The Mixon pay cut was a 1 off in my opinion.

The Bengals gave Browing a new contract out of the goodness of their heart, he was under contract for a lot less. Why do some fans ignore the good things the FO do also?

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Luvnit2 - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 06:23 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: In sacking the QB sure, what about the rest of his game?  Two years ago he was not a top 5 DE, maybe not top 10.  He is appropriately paid.  If he was Aaron Donald, Myles garret, he would have a gripe.

Add Watt and Bosa as well.

I am not sure he is a top 5 DE as some have said the past 3 years.

(05-13-2024, 09:21 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Would love to hear Trey’s thoughts on this whole thing.
Did he not talk to the press today?
https://www.bengals.com/news/trey-hendrickson-back-on-the-field-with-winning-on-his-mind-i-want-to-bring-a-super-bowl-to-cincinnati

I love dude

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - jason - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 09:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Add Watt and Bosa as well.

I am not sure he is a top 5 DE as some have said the past 3 years.

He's definitely not because nobody has mentioned Crosby or Parsons.

As I've mentioned on numerous occasions; I love dude's play and dude's attitude.

WTS he's not top 5 DE in the NFL; hell he might not even be top 10.

He's fairly compensated for his contribution to the team.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 09:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I get it when players outplay the contract they agreed upon.

The problem I have is I don't see players and agents who under play their contract come forward and ask the team for a cut because they had a bad year.

The Bengals as a rule honor their good or bad contracts. The Mixon pay cut was a 1 off in my opinion.

The Bengals gave Browing a new contract out of the goodness of their heart, he was under contract for a lot less. Why do some fans ignore the good things the FO do also?

I mean.... I've seen people defending Marge Schott on social media today. Cincinnati fans can be the dumbest and the worst. One dude was complaining about the lack of success since her, I mentioned she destroyed the farm system for 1990. His literal rebuttal was "WoUlD yOu RaThEr HaVe a WoRlD sErIeS oR a gOoD fArM sYsTeM?" I'm like ..... you're the one complaining about the lack of success on one hand, while praising the reason with the other.

RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - Stewy - 05-14-2024

(05-13-2024, 10:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: I mean.... I've seen people defending Marge Schott on social media today. Cincinnati fans can be the dumbest and the worst. One dude was complaining about the lack of success since her, I mentioned she destroyed the farm system for 1990. His literal rebuttal was "WoUlD yOu RaThEr HaVe a WoRlD sErIeS oR a gOoD fArM sYsTeM?" I'm like ..... you're the one complaining about the lack of success on one hand, while praising the reason with the other.

Not defending Marge, but that was 34 years ago.  The Farm should have been rebuilt 3x over that period.  The lack of success over the last two decades has nothing to do with Marge.