Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? (/Thread-Do-we-pick-up-a-Veteran-QB)

Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - corpjet - 12-14-2015

Someone like Ryan Mallet or roll with Keith Wenning?

RE: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - milksheikh - 12-14-2015

I mean I'm pretty sure we'll need a backup to AJMC..

RE: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - jj22 - 12-14-2015

If we do it'll tell us more about Dalton's injury status then Marvin will likely say.

RE: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - yellowxdiscipline - 12-14-2015

Just not Josh Johnson again..

RE: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - ochocincos - 12-14-2015

When the Bengals pick up a QB, it will be interesting to see who is released to make room.

Depending on the severity, Dalton would just go to IR and that opens a spot.

But I expect Dalton will simply be inactive so he has a shot at the playoffs. Therefore, I think either an OL or LB will be dropped. I'm leaning toward Winston since we have four other OTs already.

RE: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - BengalFanInNJ - 12-14-2015

They will probably reach out to Jason Campbell since he has experience and has played for Hue (and here) before.

They have to get someone in, even if they sign Wenning to the active roster.

RE: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - corpjet - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: When the Bengals pick up a QB, it will be interesting to see who is released to make room.

Depending on the severity, Dalton would just go to IR and that opens a spot.

But I expect Dalton will simply be inactive so he has a shot at the playoffs. Therefore, I think either an OL or LB will be dropped. I'm leaning toward Winston since we have four other OTs already.

I wouldn't want to lose Winston, his veteran presence is good for this team but I see your logic in an abundance of OL.

RE: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - M.W. - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 10:53 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: They will probably reach out to Jason Campbell since he has experience and has played for Hue (and here) before.

They have to get someone in, even if they sign Wenning to the active roster.

Captain checkdown

RE: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - Gohards - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 10:10 AM)I corpjet Wrote: Someone like Ryan Mallet or roll with Keith Wenning?

Ryan Mallet???? A veteran??? Oh my, You must really be in panic mode.

Calm down. We pretty much have a playoff spot. Dalton should be back by that time. Everything will be okay.

RE: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - MTBengalsFan - 12-14-2015

Yes, the Bengals will sign a QB. They can't go to SF with Sanu as the backup. If McCarron gets hurt, do you really want Sanu taking the reigns?

RE: Do we pick up a Veteran QB? - milksheikh - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 11:50 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Yes, the Bengals will sign a QB. They can't go to SF with Sanu as the backup. If McCarron gets hurt, do you really want Sanu taking the reigns?

* Sanu becomes best QB in history * * 7 Superbowls *

Tongue I LOLed at myself.