Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** (/Thread-2024-NFL-DRAFT-THREAD)

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-25-2024

LOL

I RARELY pay attention to this board until after the draft. I wait until they take their players, THEN I read up on them and watch film. I never worry about who I wanted or who was the best player available when they drafted.

The 1998 draft did me in for good. I bought every draft book and magazine, read every mock draft and was disappointed for the last time. I knew way too much about players that were never going to be on the only NFL team that I pay attention to. I made a promise that I will never do that to myself ever again.

I am no longer flabbergasted by the Bengals front office draft decisions.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Bilbo Saggins - 04-25-2024

8 starts, ankle injury history, pulled hamstring at the combine, has been described as "lazy on the tape" by some. Sounds like a reach for the position. Good luck Amarius Mims. Good luck Joe Burrow. Maybe they'll luck into a guy who can learn how to play the game of football and stay on the field. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: You do realize he isn't a project? Projects are players with red flags (he has none) and/or raw (he isn't). His collegiate pass protection was perfect. He just lacks as many starts as the others. 

What's his injury history? The lack of starts concerns me, not gonna lie. However, what little tape I have seen is really good.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:34 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: That had to be a hard decision to take Mims.  With Hubbard coming off injury and Hendrickson asking for a trade (Verse).  Tee asking for a trade (Thomas).  A quality CB still on the board (Mitchell).  Another decent OT on the board (Fautanu).

I would've preferred Verse myself....but they do need to get the tackle position figured out moving forward. This guy has missed a ton of time though.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:40 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: 8 starts, ankle injury history, pulled hamstring at the combine, has been described as "lazy on the tape"by some. Sounds like a reach for the position. Good luck Amarius Mims. Good luck Joe Burrow. Maybe they'll luck into a guy who can learn how to play the game of football and stay on the field. 

Every single person I follow who breaks down tape says his is excellent.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Destro - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:36 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Umm only start 8 games. And evidently play only 15 snaps in the biggest game of the year….while not being injured. There’s your answer.

Why so few? Was the other guy at his position considered that much better or was it scheme or something? 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Housh - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:36 PM)Synric Wrote: 1 more Offensive Tackle in the 1st ties the record 2 breaks it. I called it back in November lol.

Makes sense.....Right now guys like Sam Hubbard who have no pass rush bad at all can still get 8 sacks.

The offensive lineman need to step up, but in a draft situation that means OL is more valuable cause the teams with an actual good one are better equiped to guard all these new prototype pass rushers that are strong as an OX but move like a RB.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Synric - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Every single person I follow who breaks down tape says his is excellent.

He gets snatched at times when he reaches and needs to keep driving defenders instead of counting and trying to find the ball but you can tell he's well coached and just needs reps. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - MadMaxMontoya - 04-25-2024

Major Whiff on the Mims pick. ? didn’t think it could get worse than the Myles Murphy pick from last year than this. What a waste….the last guy I wanted has bust written all over him….how disappointing….early round picks last few years have been brutal

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - bonesaw - 04-25-2024

you guys will cry about anything

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - WhoDeyK - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:40 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: 8 starts, ankle injury history, pulled hamstring at the combine, has been described as "lazy on the tape" by some. Sounds like a reach for the position. Good luck Amarius Mims. Good luck Joe Burrow. Maybe they'll luck into a guy who can learn how to play the game of football and stay on the field. 

The first sentence are all valid concerns but I don’t see anything lazy in his tape. I’d be curious to hear who thinks that.

People calling the kid a bust before he’s ever played a single down. Can’t make this shit up. :lol:

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - BFritz21 - 04-25-2024

Dude is a monster..................

[Image: ME-COMP-AMARIUS-MIMS.jpg?w=1280&quality=44]

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - t3r3e3 - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:30 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: He's 6'7 340.He's not playing guard.I like the pick.Mims has a ton of talent.Just lacks experience.

Whit played LG for a couple years. Volson is tall for a guard. It isn’t unheard of…

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - MadMaxMontoya - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:36 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Umm only start 8 games. And evidently play only 15 snaps in the biggest game of the year….while not being injured. There’s your answer.

100 percent correct!!!

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Synric - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:43 PM)Housh Wrote: Makes sense.....Right now guys like Sam Hubbard who have no pass rush bad at all can still get 8 sacks.

The offensive lineman need to step up, but in a draft situation that means OL is more valuable cause the teams with an actual good one are better equiped to guard all these new prototype pass rushers that are strong as an OX but move like a RB.

Yea the NFL is desperately in need of offensive line. Which is why we see a guy like Amarius Mims picked at #18 with only 800 snaps... but honestly you'd be surprised how many top 100 players only have 1000 to 1500 college snaps.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - t3r3e3 - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:43 PM)Destro Wrote: Why so few? Was the other guy at his position considered that much better or was it scheme or something? 

The guy in front of him starts at LT for the Steelers

Would love to see him send Volson to the bench. I think they see him as an OT only though.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - psychdoctor - 04-25-2024

Mims scares me a bit because he doesn't have a lot of repetition in the Bengals track history with picking o-line isn't the greatest with such a small sample size to evaluate. With that said, this guy probably has one of the highest ceilings outside of Joe alt. And with repetition should be a good one. Anchor on that right side. I know he hurt his ankle and I know there were some players ahead of them. Well that's just hope this is a good pic because the Bengals need one at this stage

***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - The D.O.Z. - 04-25-2024

My only real issue with our pick isn't the player, it's his coach. Mims isn't really raw, he just hasn't played a lot and Pollack hasn't exactly been dependable developing talent. The kid is an absolute specimen and giving up zero sacks in the short time he played shouldn't be dismissed. I just hope T. Brown stays healthy this year long enough for Mims to get ready!