Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** (/Thread-2024-NFL-DRAFT-THREAD)

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - BobJones4980 - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 11:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I think some of you guys wear a boner for anyone Pittsburgh drafts.

Same thing every year. We blew it and the Steelers/Browns/Ravens picked the steal of the draft with EVERY single pick they had.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nepa - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 11:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I didn't see the selection but I have read that Saban wasn't excited about this pick, either. After a brief pause, he said Burton was "emotionally immature" and seemed pretty flat about him being selected. This is secondhand information, so take it for what it is worth. Maybe someone else saw him comment on Burton and can confirm or deny. 

I watched Saban making his comments on the pick. He spent some time on talking about his emotional immaturity and he needs to get his emotions under control off the field. He spent quite a bit of time on the topic, but wasn't specific beyond needs to control his emotions.. I suppose we will get a transcript tomorrow of his comments. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 11:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Not usually.  They gambled on Carman, though he didn't pan out   Carman isn't as talented as Burton, though.

Very true.

(04-26-2024, 11:30 PM)samhain Wrote: Two ways to look a that.  

Either they see something really special here........

or they've made an egregious error in judgement.

He's got some real potential, but his judgment is dog shit from what I can tell.  

They must see his talent.... cause the rest doesn't look so hot.

(04-26-2024, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zac looked like a kid on Christmas when they picked him.

He was stoked, no doubt.

(04-26-2024, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Off-the-Field Concerns

Burton has two major incidents that have become public knowledge; his frequent transfers and his assault of a female Tennessee fan. Both are mired in controversy and hearsay, so here are the facts.

Burton has transferred to six different schools in the past eight years. The reason for these transfers is unknown, however, his official statements have never indicated that these were for disciplinary reasons. His transfer from Georgia seemingly came out of nowhere, especially considering he was already a starter in his freshman year.

The incident in Tennessee occurred after the Crimson Tide lost to the Volunteers 52-49 on October 15th, 2022. After the loss, Tennessee fans stormed the field, a woman ran in front of Burton, and he could be seen punching her in the face. One week later, Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban stated that Burton would not be facing any punishment because Burton felt "scared" when being approached by the fan.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/posts/jermaine-burton-s-potential-presents-risk-worth-taking-for-kansas-city-chiefs-01hvs4m2b0m6

"Scared" by a coed underclassmen?  LMAO
(04-26-2024, 11:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: KillerGoose
I didn't see the selection but I have read that Saban wasn't excited about this pick, either. After a brief pause, he said Burton was "emotionally immature" and seemed pretty flat about him being selected. This is secondhand information, so take it for what it is worth. Maybe someone else saw him comment on Burton and can confirm or deny. 

That's interesting. At least he's admitting it. That presser on your vid just gave me a chuckle though after what he said about Mims.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - samhain - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 11:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think Burrow and Chase are strong enough leaders that they'll make sure he knows that they won't put up with any shit.

Again, much to prove.  My faith here is not strong.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - matmaven - 04-26-2024

Jake Liscow
@JakeLiscow
Dane Brugler on Jermaine Burton: They're taking a chance. If everything else was clean, we're talking about a first round pick.

Nate Tice: Maybe best hands

Brugler: It's funny how many texts I got asking "how bad is it" (about Burton) because the tape is off the charts.

Definitely not a typical Bengals pick. Huge potential upside. They must trust their ability to help him mature.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - bfine32 - 04-26-2024

The positive is TJ talked about working with him.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 11:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I've seen him play in person 3 times, he is very very good.  I think Walters and Chase can get him under control.  Burrow wont tolerate any BS. nowadays either.  Burton will be on a very short leash in my opinion.  But if he can walk the line, he will provide so much more than Boyd the last couple of years.

I’m as big a Chase fan as there is, but he can still be fairly immature at times himself. Hopefully between Burrow, Walters, and Zac they can reign this kid in.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Synric - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 11:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder if TJ’s tie to him is what got the team over the red flags. TJ does train a lot of the elite WRs now so his word carries weight.

Burton is also a highly recruited IMG Academy kid. He has been in Pro Style programs since he was a teenager. Bengals have targeted winning programs in the Taylor era. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - BoomerFan - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 11:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree. Someone better get this moron under control. FAST. Damn sure don't need another Pacman on offense.

Maybe someone like TJ Houshmandzadeh?

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - michaelsean - 04-26-2024

Seems like a great pick talent wise but man there are other talented receivers without baggage. Guess we will see.

(04-26-2024, 11:41 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Mike Brown was dead center in the war room yesterday.  This pick reeks of something he would do. 
I don't like it.

He was there tonight too. I hadn't thought about that, but you may be right. Ugh 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 11:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I didn't see the selection but I have read that Saban wasn't excited about this pick, either. After a brief pause, he said Burton was "emotionally immature" and seemed pretty flat about him being selected. This is secondhand information, so take it for what it is worth. Maybe someone else saw him comment on Burton and can confirm or deny. 

Nick Saban is a sourpuss who speaks in an annoying monotone.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 11:41 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Mike Brown was dead center in the war room yesterday. This pick reeks of something he would do.
I don't like it.

Again, go watch Zac’s reaction. He was downright ecstatic.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - 007BengalsFan - 04-26-2024

Saban would know since he coached him and witnessed how this guy acts first hand.

(04-26-2024, 11:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Seems like a great pick talent wise but man there are other talented receivers without baggage. Guess we will see.

Yeah, it's been refreshing moving on from these types. Of course, Mixon was straight until he let those idiots stay at his place. Carman hasn't had any issues either except for sucking on the field. So maybe these guys will rein him in. I guess they know what they're doing. The talent certainly looks to be there and he's played elite competition on elite teams, so there's that.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Joelist - 04-26-2024

This is a bit of a Mike Brown kinda pick - he was always feeling he could rehab character concerns.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Bengalstripes9 - 04-26-2024

People are worrying to much.
The bengals will be playing winning football.
I don’t foresee any issues unless we are losing

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - samhain - 04-26-2024

Hopefully we ca make up for this risk and recover here soon.

(04-26-2024, 11:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Nick Saban is a sourpuss who speaks in an annoying monotone.

Pretty telling when he's talking about one of his own though.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - BFritz21 - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 11:43 PM)samhain Wrote: Again, much to prove.  My faith here is not strong.

I also think working with TJ will help settle him down a little and hopefully TJ mentors in the mental aspect of everything too.