Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** (/Thread-2024-NFL-DRAFT-THREAD)

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nepa - 04-27-2024

Mel Kiper was raving about Tanner McLaughlin. "Prototypical NFL Tight End" can do it all, block, large catch radius, great hands, going to be security blanket for Burrow. "Don't know how he fell to the 6th round." I wish I could have recorded and wrote it all down. To say he was big on McLaughlin is an understatement. Said something about best after Bowers in terms of something.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - matmaven - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 05:51 PM)Synric Wrote: Tanner McLachlan is Daniel Jeremiah's TE3.

Like this pick much better than the All pick.  

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - PDub80 - 04-27-2024

So, I am a HUGE proponent that the Bengals needed a TE that is an all arounder and a guy to develop in the Kelce mold. I researched TE a TON. I love the draft and TE is the position is the one I deep dove on the most leading up to this year's draft season.

Tanner McLachlan was my TE1 target. I think he is an absolute stud and will, if healthy, develop into an every down TE & MAJOR receiving threat. I see a LOT of Travis Kelce in his game, size, athleticism, etc.

Absolutely THRILLED with this pick.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2023: Honorable Mention All-Pac-12 Conference. Played in all 13 games with 11 starts (45-528-11.7, 4 TDs). Set school career record for most receptions by a TE with 79 (beating Rob Gronkowski's 75). 

Thanks

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Clark W Griswold - 04-27-2024

I think this guy might get more playing time than All. He looks like a good player without “All” of the injuries.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Synric - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 05:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh yes lol Big Grin

Good receiver, indeed in the mould of Gesicki/Hudson.

Sample
Hudson
Gesicki
All

If they consider Gesicki a big WR, then Mclachlan will make the team, otherwise, he would be stashed on PS, I feel.

And of course, if we have any injuries, he will slot in as well.

Training Camp Battle Tanner Hudson vs Tanner McLachlan whoever brings the hands as a blocker gets the big pay check the other goes to the practice squad.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-27-2024

Another TE.

I think it is clear we view Gesicki as Boyd's replacement.

Take an IOL now.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 05:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh yes lol Big Grin

Good receiver, indeed in the mould of Gesicki/Hudson.

Sample
Hudson
Gesicki
All

If they consider Gesicki a big WR, then Mclachlan will make the team, otherwise, he would be stashed on PS, I feel.

And of course, if we have any injuries, he will slot in as well.

BTW, he may be a potential PUP candidate

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-27-2024

Watching NFL Network and Jeremiah is VERY high on this pick

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - PDub80 - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 06:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: Mel Kiper was raving about Tanner McLaughlin. "Prototypical NFL Tight End" can do it all, block, large catch radius, great hands, going to be security blanket for Burrow. "Don't know how he fell to the 6th round."  I wish I could have recorded and wrote it all down. To say he was big on McLaughlin is an understatement. Said something about best after Bowers in terms of something.

I agree with Mel on this kid. 100%

***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Rotobeast - 04-27-2024

Give me Gabe Hall and Steele next, and I'll be happy.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 06:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: Mel Kiper was raving about Tanner McLaughlin. "Prototypical NFL Tight End" can do it all, block, large catch radius, great hands, going to be security blanket for Burrow. "Don't know how he fell to the 6th round."  I wish I could have recorded and wrote it all down. To say he was big on McLaughlin is an understatement. Said something about best after Bowers in terms of something.

I think that's Louis Reddick.

WTS, I don't see how dude can have a large catch radius. He's got very short arms

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - sandwedge - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 06:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: So, I am a HUGE proponent that the Bengals needed a TE that is an all arounder and a guy to develop in the Kelce mold. I researched TE a TON. I love the draft and TE is the position is the one I deep dove on the most leading up to this year's draft season.

Tanner McLachlan was my TE1 target. I think he is an absolute stud and will, if healthy, develop into an every down TE & MAJOR receiving threat. I see a LOT of Travis Kelce in his game, size, athleticism, etc.

Absolutely THRILLED with this pick.

WTF is up with your 1st paragraph?  LMAO LMAO

(04-27-2024, 06:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watching NFL Network and Jeremiah is VERY high on this pick

As was Mel Kiper on ESPN. Absolutely raved about this TE. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2024

Really like the McLachlan pick. Forgot he was still around, a steal this late.

Best route running TE in this class besides Brock Bowers.

I guess the Bengals went into this draft saying, we are going to get a top OL with upside, top WR with upside, the best
run stopping DT's in the Draft and get TE's with upside...

Major upside everywhere, shooting for the moon with these guys.

Still would like a more sure thing and McLachlan is more of a sure thing than All IMO.

RB would be nice, give me Kimani Vidal and a Punter like McNamara and I am happy and I would like some IOL depth.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Bengalstripes9 - 04-27-2024

I wonder if they are looking to run heavy formations more often. If so I like it.

Maybe they try to stash Hudson on the practice squad?

I don’t see how you can keep 4 tight ends unless we are planning on running heavy formations a lot more often.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Destro - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 06:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watching NFL Network and Jeremiah is VERY high on this pick

Just came to say the same. They both really liked him. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 06:04 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I wonder if they are looking to run heavy formations more often. If so I like it.

Maybe they try to stash Hudson on the practice squad?

I don’t see how you can keep 4 tight ends unless we are planning on running heavy formations a lot more often.

List Gesicki as a WR is my guess. He is pretty much a WR lol

(04-27-2024, 06:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think that's Louis Reddick.

WTS, I don't see how dude can have a large catch radius. He's got very short arms

Your probably right. I just got back in the house and turned the TV just as they were going over the pick. I had been listening to Kiper before and thought it was him.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - jj22 - 04-27-2024

They carried 4 last year so they’ll keep 4 again. Hudson’s spot dips in jeopardy.