Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Welcome Amarius Mims - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Welcome Amarius Mims (/Thread-Welcome-Amarius-Mims)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - SladeX - 04-26-2024

Soooo Alt had 5 snaps? Where was he picked? Wuwt?

Edit: Wow. WOW!
I need more coffee.

Leaving it there for comic relief…

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - sandwedge - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I said the linemen since Zeitler tho. This includes Cedric Ogbuehi, Jake Fisher, and Billy Price. And then all the project picks, one of which let a guy through that ended up shredding Burrows knee his rookie year.

If anyone wants to defend the Bengals track record on drafting olinemen in the last 10 years, knock yourselves out, I won't argue with ya. It isn't that deep with me anymore. 

But I don't get why so many people are up at arms against those that may not like the pick. At the end of the day I hope we all can at least agree that Mims pans out and becomes a perennial pro bowl/all pro player.

It comes down to why people are up in arms. If you don't like the pick that is 1 thing, but to make stuff up is another. I keep reading we passed on players that could impact in their first year, no we didn't. Anybody we drafted would have been part of a rotation at best. We will see Mims get playing time. The injury thing is way over blown also.

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Southpaw Frerotte - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:24 PM)SladeX Wrote: Soooo Alt had 5 snaps? Where was he picked? Wuwt?

Edit: Wow. WOW!
I need more coffee.

Leaving it there for comic relief…

Actually, it looks like all tackles have taken anywhere between 2015 and 2024 snaps.  

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Millhouse - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Again, I showed we have only drafted 3 OL in the top 20 in the past 22 years. Mims was number 4. The guys you mentioned were not a part of this ZT era and in the 20's. 

Would you agree once we get past the top 15 picks in most drafts, a lot of teams miss in round 1 and beyond. 

Cedric U. and Billy Price were both 21st overall and rank as the biggest Bengal busts ever. So if there is such a huge gap between 20th and 21st picks, then wow I didn't know. 

Again I hope Mims does great for the Bengals, because they need him to be with their small scouting staff and how bad this line has been in the 5 years under Taylor and company.

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - PDub80 - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 12:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And the Bengals may not be in a position to draft someone of Mims’ quality next year.

Hopefully NOT! LOL

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - CottonHill - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:14 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This organization hasn't drafted and developed an OT since, Levi, Willie, and Whit. That is not good. This kid was drafted on potential, and he has little to zero experience blocking quality defensive lineman. This is a ho-hum pick out of NEED and has a high probability of backfiring. 

Seattle took Murphy and it sent the war room into a debate frenzy about who they should draft. This barely moves the needle if at all. 

It's shameful watching some of you gang up and bully other posters for calling this pick for exactly what it is. Be grateful that I chose to delete my post from last night and waited until today. The "homerism" last night was infuriating and laughable at the same time. 

It's something that JB is treated like God on here, yet he can't stay on the field. The only thing he has managed to do thus far is lose a SB and we already have two QBs that have done that before. Too many here continuously looking through black and orange lenses, so much so, that they can't see any other colors or the facts beating their face in. 

He's big. He has potential. That is all. He is nothing like the three names that I mentioned before. They had a body of work at the college level. Mims does not! Pray, knock on wood, do whatever it is that you need to do for luck. We're all going to need it with a 50/50 pick like this in the first. 
Thank you for this post. I agree completely with the belief that the Murphy pick had them scrambling. And these guys are definitely not above reproach as so many here believe. Just this year they have shown they botched the secondary timeline/situation and either overvalued our young guys or simply thought they were farther along in knowing the defense. Furthermore, they have two high profile guys requesting trades.....guys with no histories of rocking the boat.

I do not fault them for not extending or paying these guys, but have some transparency with the players and agents. It seems like there is none outside of with Burrow and his reps. Transparency and cohesion from the top down is what you need. 

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see some great OT's that did not play a lot of snaps. Why highlight Ced and Jonah, yet not mention JW was the highest ranked OL by all the experts.

Ced was a very bad pick. But why attempt to inflate a pick not made by the current FO and head coach? 

Jay was only highlighting the Bengals picks, just to show that we haven't stuck to one side or the other.

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote:

Ryan Ramczyk with only 900 something snaps. A First-Team All Pro (and 2x Second-Team All Pro).

(04-26-2024, 01:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Cedric U. and Billy Price were both 21st overall and rank as the biggest Bengal busts ever. So if there is such a huge gap between 20th and 21st picks, then wow I didn't know. 

Again I hope Mims does great for the Bengals, because they need him to be with their small scouting staff and how bad this line has been in the 5 years under Taylor and company.

I'm not sure I would rank either of those as the Bengals biggest busts ever.

Both of those guys had MAJOR injuries the season leading up to the draft and couldn't partocipate in workouts. Neither one of them had anything special about them to really wow anyone.

I don't think Mims deserves to be lumped in with either of those two at all, IMO.

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - sandwedge - 04-26-2024

I am not really sure how to read this ranking? Its just a list of players and their starts, where they were drafted in my eyes. Not really ranking good or bad.

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-26-2024

Tunsil at 1,059. Sewell did not have many more.

Jonah had tons more. 

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Cedric U. and Billy Price were both 21st overall and rank as the biggest Bengal busts ever. So if there is such a huge gap between 20th and 21st picks, then wow I didn't know. 

The line was also very bad Marvins last few years because of those picks and other issues. I certainly get the concern. I was a little myself until I read up on him and watched some film. 

The only thing I don't agree with is those guys weren't the biggest busts in franchise history. I gotta go with a combo of Klingler, Akili, and poor KiJana Carter.

(04-26-2024, 01:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ryan Ramczyk with only 900 something snaps. A First-Team All Pro (and 2x Second-Team All Pro).

That list isn't actually too shabby!

Hell, the Eagles LT, Jordan Mailata, is an absolute giant as well and came from Australian Rugby with ZERO college football or even football experience in general. Similar size to Mims and a GREAT athlete as well.

I don't understand which OLineman people upset at this pick wanted the Bengals to take? I would rather have the guy with perfect everything & 800ish snaps than a guy switching spots, short arms, poor athletic profile, or less than ideal dimensions.

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am not really sure how to read this ranking? Its just a list of players and their starts, where they were drafted in my eyes. Not really ranking good or bad.

It’s just data. Take it how you will. But it’s showing some very good players that didn’t play that many more snaps than Mims. Ramczyk is the one that stands out the most to me. 900 something snaps - 1st round pick - All Pro Right Tackle.

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Millhouse - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:34 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It comes down to why people are up in arms. If you don't like the pick that is 1 thing, but to make stuff up is another. I keep reading we passed on players that could impact in their first year, no we didn't. Anybody we drafted would have been part of a rotation at best. We will see Mims get playing time. The injury thing is way over blown also.

No I get that. I can only speak for me tho so my skepticism comes from Bengals oline track record, Mims limited snaps, and then his injuries which matters the least to me.

(04-26-2024, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: The line was also very bad Marvins last few years because of those picks and other issues. I certainly get the concern. I was a little myself until I read up on him and watched some film. 

The only thing I don't agree with is those guys weren't the biggest busts in franchise history. I gotta go with a combo of Klingler, Akili, and poor KiJana Carter.

Rough for me to hold Kijana's injuries against him. Same w David Pollack.

I 100% blame Marvin for not allowing Pollack to play his natural position and instead trying to reprogram him to OLB and asking him to tackle in space like that. Absolutely stupid.

At least w Mims he is goingnto practice both sides of the line to get reps, but naturally fits RT and can be groomed for that role.

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:51 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Rough for me to hold Kijana's injuries against him. Same w David Pollack.

I 100% blame Marvin for not allowing Pollack to play his natural position and instead trying to reprogram him to OLB and asking him to tackle in space like that. Absolutely stupid.

At least w Mims he is goingnto practice both sides of the line to get reps, but naturally fits RT and can be groomed for that role.

Oh I totally agree with all of this post. I wasn't clear, but that's what I meant by "poor KiJana Carter". I felt so bad for him, and us. If he had that injury in today's times, he would've been back, and I believe a very good RB. Just rotten luck. 

(04-26-2024, 01:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No I get that. I can only speak for me tho so my skepticism comes from Bengals oline track record, Mims limited snaps, and then his injuries which matters the least to me.

I am with you on some skepticism. Frank Pollack has not developed ANYONE in Cincy (either times he was here) & the current vets on the line have all underperformed compared to who they were on other teams.

His injuries are fairly minor and behind him. I'm notncon earned about that. I just want the kid to get great coaching while being asked to play into his strengths.

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Okeana - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:51 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Rough for me to hold Kijana's injuries against him. Same w David Pollack.

actually, according to Duke Manyweather, Mims is rare in that he actually can play with either hand.  Rare thing for Duke to say considering he believes in keeping guys at a single position

RE: Welcome Amarius Mims - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I don't see any way Charmin gets released. He's LT2 until they draft better. Smith, on the other hand, should be cut, as he hasn't done ANYTHING besides be hurt.

Trent Brown can play both sides, and has. Ford was ahead of him on the depth chart last year, at OT and G. It sounds as if they are flgrioming Mims to be the swing tackle this year. 

Do we keep 5 OTs? Maybe. But we also need a backup C (T. Hill atm). No way we keep more than 10. 

1. O. Brown, OT (LT/RT) 
2. T. Brown, OT (RT/LT) 
3. Karras, C (C/OG)
4. Cappa, RG 
5. Volson, LG 
------------- 
6. Mims, OT (RT/LT) 
7. Ford, OT/G 
8. T. Hill, C (C/OG) 
------------- 

1-2 spots left. And I think 1 has to be IOL. Real competition for Volson (FA or draft). Or a C who allows Karras to slide to LG.