Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump-Biden Debates set - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: { All Things Biden & Trump } (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Things-Biden-Trump)
+---- Thread: Trump-Biden Debates set (/Thread-Trump-Biden-Debates-set)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Trump-Biden Debates set - pally - 05-15-2024

Both Biden and Trump have agreed to these debates which are being run outside the Presidential Debate Committee

The first one is on June 27 on CNN. The other is on ABC on Sep 10.

The one on CNN is without a studio audience.

No Kennedy unless he manages to get on enough ballots nationwide to be able to accumulate a winning electoral total and exceeds 15% in 4 polls before June 20th. He only needs one more qualifying poll but isn't close to being on enough ballots

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - Nately120 - 05-15-2024

I'll believe this takes place when I see it. From what I've gathered, this was Biden challenging Trump and Biden setting rules and restrictions. Trump gets a lot of support and traction out of saying things are unfair and that he won't agree to terms. I'm not saying this won't happen, but it makes too much sense for Trump, particularly since he's up in the polls, to not backout and cry rigged.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - Mike M (the other one) - 05-15-2024

(05-15-2024, 05:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll believe this takes place when I see it.  From what I've gathered, this was Biden challenging Trump and Biden setting rules and restrictions.  Trump gets a lot of support and traction out of saying things are unfair and that he won't agree to terms. I'm not saying this won't happen, but it makes too much sense for Trump, particularly since he's up in the polls, to not backout and cry rigged.

He'll agree, but do you really expect him to follow the terms? 

(05-15-2024, 05:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He'll agree, but do you really expect him to follow the terms? 

Well, the info I read said the mic will be cut off after speaking time is up, so I mean Trump could scream off-mic the entire time I guess.  No audience, no mic-ed ability to talk over Biden, and Trump actually agreeing to rules set by Biden?  Just seems like a more Trump-style thing for him to agree and then say "this is BS, I'm not letting Biden set the rules" and back out and get applauded by his fanbase for not letting crooked Joe screw him over.

As dumb as we think Biden is, he's the seasoned politician of the two so his demands aren't going to be the types of things Trump can just change.  If Trump agrees he won't be in control of his mic being on or not, and there won't be an audience and he can demand they change the rules and they let there be an audience, but he can't just conjure one up at the last second.

Again, it could happen but Trump backing out and saying "it was rigged against me" and people saying "Well played sir, that was a brilliant move, and you'd kick Biden's demented ass anyway" seems more on brand for Trump than actually doing it. 

EDIT - And let me add too that I'm surprised the Biden team is proposing this, seeing as Hobbs v Lake in AZ showed that a democrat can avoid a debate and not suffer an instant loss by arguing that they don't want to give their opponent a chance to bombard everyone with BS.  Is team Biden desperate because he's down in the polls or are they confident a debate will favor their side?  Time will tell...or not, if it doesn't happen.  Still, Biden and team could just say everyone knows what he and Trump are all about and a debate is pointless if they figure Biden will deliver on the GOP's 2020 promise to spend the debate drooling and proving his brain is mush.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - Luvnit2 - 05-15-2024

(05-15-2024, 05:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll believe this takes place when I see it.  From what I've gathered, this was Biden challenging Trump and Biden setting rules and restrictions.  Trump gets a lot of support and traction out of saying things are unfair and that he won't agree to terms. I'm not saying this won't happen, but it makes too much sense for Trump, particularly since he's up in the polls, to not backout and cry rigged.

How about no conditions from either candidate? Why are they needed?

Trump will show up in enemy territory (CNN), I have no doubt.

Hunter may be on trial in Delaware for gun charges or it may be over and the trial in California for tax evasions is set to start June 20th.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - Stewy - 05-15-2024

It won't happen because Trump will lose and he knows it.  He can't debate on real subjects.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - FormerlyBengalRugby - 05-15-2024

(05-15-2024, 05:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, the info I read said the mic will be cut off after speaking time is up, so I mean Trump could scream off-mic the entire time I guess.  No audience, no mic-ed ability to talk over Biden, and Trump actually agreeing to rules set by Biden?  Just seems like a more Trump-style thing for him to agree and then say "this is BS, I'm not letting Biden set the rules" and back out and get applauded by his fanbase for not letting crooked Joe screw him over.

I think Biden's handlers are doing this because he is behind in the polls and losing and steam he had. It's a clear desperation move. If he was ahead, and things were good, he'd stay hidden in his nappy cave. He is behind and being butchered on the key issues people care about. The border, inflation, the economy, lawlessness, foreign affairs.

A loud turd or a douche who hides inside the wrong cave.

Terrible choices.

(05-15-2024, 06:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How about no conditions from either candidate? Why are they needed?

Don't ask me, ask Trump why he agreed to it.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - Dill - 05-15-2024

(05-15-2024, 07:21 PM)Stewy Wrote: It won't happen because Trump will lose and he knows it.  He can't debate on real subjects.

I don't think he "knows" that, nor do his supporters.

But I agree he cannot debate, if by that we mean present rational arguments and counter-arguments.
He has no grasp of foreign policy and little grasp of law.

I'm just saying he and his supporters will declare victory no matter what happens. 

This debate is of interest only to the degree it might tip 5% of flip floppers and undecideds one way or the other. 

(05-15-2024, 06:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How about no conditions from either candidate? Why are they needed?

Because one candidate has neither impulse control nor respect for rules.

https://www.theledger.com/story/news/politics/elections/presidential/2020/09/30/chaotic-first-presidential-debate-taunts-overpower-trump-biden-visions-2020-election/3584957001/

Over and over, Trump tried to control the conversation, interrupting Biden and repeatedly talking over the moderator, Chris Wallace of Fox News. The president tried to deflect tough lines of questioning — whether on his taxes or the pandemic — to deliver broadsides against Biden.

The president drew a lecture from Wallace, who pleaded with both men to stop talking over each other. Biden tried to push back against Trump, sometimes looking right at the camera to directly address viewers rather than the president and snapping, “It’s hard to get a word in with this clown.”

Again refusing to commit to honoring the results of the election, Trump spread falsehoods about mail voting. Without evidence, he suggested that the process — surging in popularity during the pandemic — was ripe for fraud and incorrectly claimed impropriety at a Pennsylvania voting site.
But despite his efforts to dominate the discussion, Trump was frequently put on the defensive and tried to sidestep when he was asked if he was willing to condemn white supremacists and paramilitary groups.

https://variety.com/2020/politics/news/biden-trump-first-debate-1234787271/
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/29/presidential-debate-biden-trump-422953
https://time.com/5894565/interruptions-insults-presidential-debate/

(05-15-2024, 05:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, the info I read said the mic will be cut off after speaking time is up, so I mean Trump could scream off-mic the entire time I guess.  No audience, no mic-ed ability to talk over Biden, and Trump actually agreeing to rules set by Biden?  Just seems like a more Trump-style thing for him to agree and then say "this is BS, I'm not letting Biden set the rules" and back out and get applauded by his fanbase for not letting crooked Joe screw him over.

Good analysis I think. 

Maybe Trump could spin bit of 1A outrage in there too, like his response to gag orders. 

Rules and control of the mic make for an "unfair" advantage for Biden. 

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - Luvnit2 - 05-16-2024

Trump's team has challenged Biden to 3 more debates, one on July, one in August and one in October.

Let's see if Biden agrees for 5 debates, you would think if 2 makes Biden's day, 5 would make his year.

Also, Trump says:

1. No teleprompters
2. Microphone muted for moderators at conclusion of their questions until time expires.
3. No written commentary on TV screen during the debate.
4. October debate handled by Brett and Martha on Fox Network.

All of these are not big asks.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - NATI BENGALS - 05-16-2024

Part of me would almost rather listen to Robert Kennedy read a book on tape.

I’ll mark my calendar. Two days I need to start drinking early.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - BigPapaKain - 05-16-2024

Aaaaaaand Trump is already making excuses as to why he can't debate.

Less than 24 hours after accepting the debates.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - FormerlyBengalRugby - 05-16-2024

(05-16-2024, 12:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump's team has challenged Biden to 3 more debates, one on July, one in August and one in October.

Let's see if Biden agrees for 5 debates, you would think if 2 makes Biden's day, 5 would make his year.

Also, Trump says:

1. No teleprompters
2. Microphone muted for moderators at conclusion of their questions until time expires.
3. No written commentary on TV screen during the debate.
4. October debate handled by Brett and Martha on Fox Network.

All of these are not big asks.

Five debates will never happen. 

I don't think Joe's body would be able to endure taking that magical "go juice" five months in a row.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - SunsetBengal - 05-16-2024

(05-15-2024, 07:21 PM)Stewy Wrote: It won't happen because Trump will lose and he knows it.  He can't debate on real subjects.

That may be true, but let's not forget that the other guy is noted for musing about "Cornpop" and how children loved playing with his hairy legs, and other such fairy tales.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - Millhouse - 05-16-2024

It's difficult to stomach that this is happening in 2024 America.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - Stewy - 05-16-2024

(05-16-2024, 08:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That may be true, but let's not forget that the other guy is noted for musing about "Cornpop" and how children loved playing with his hairy legs, and other such fairy tales.

A senile old man vs. a incompetent politician that is a criminal......as in all things in the upcoming election, it's lose/lose for everyone.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - GMDino - 05-16-2024

Trump got baited and grabbed that hook by the...well, you get the point.

Without a crowd and clapping, and with his mic off when it is not his time to speak, Trump will get flustered more than usual and look awful.  It's why he wants a big crowd to make it a show.  

As an aside it is also the reason he and his supporters can't fathom that he lost in 2020 when he was always speaking to crowds of supporters.  Self feedback loop.

Trump and the rest of the gop have also fallen into the same trap that Democrats set for Trump in 2016:  lowest possible expectations.  They keep saying how awful he is and he can't debate and he's senile.  All he has to do is appear slightly better than that to "win" the debate.

I don't know how bad these are going to be, but Trump's ego has once again got him in a tough spot.

RE: Trump-Biden Debates set - Mike M (the other one) - 05-16-2024

(05-15-2024, 10:08 PM)Dill Wrote: Good analysis I think. 

Maybe Trump could spin bit of 1A outrage in there too, like his response to gag orders. 

Rules and control of the mic make for an "unfair" advantage for Biden. 

Speaking of, Just like Baron's Graduation... Courts won't let me go. It's all rigged against me! 

And if he does go, do you really think turning off the Mic is gonna stop him from talking? He will likely talk the whole time it's Biden's turn just to get under his skin. 

I really don't understand why Biden didn't pardon him from Federal prosecution and tell NY and GA to not press charges. If he had done this, Trump wouldn't have all this free press to stay relevant with. Romney gets it and he's one of my Favs that i wish would have run against Hillary. Maybe I'm dreaming but i felt Romney would have been able to get both sides to agree on things rather than pushing both sides further apart.