Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joint practice - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Joint practice (/thread-38429.html)

Joint practice - SouthernFan - 05-22-2024

Just saw that Bengals will host a joint practice with the Colts prior to their final preseason game. I have very mixed feelings. On the one hand, I like seeing the starters getting some time against another team, but practice is not game speed and also can be less controllable.

I would rather see the starters get a few series in at least one preseason game. This would seem to make that less likely again this season leading to possibly another slow start. Not a fan of joint practices.

RE: Joint practice - casear2727 - 05-22-2024

(05-22-2024, 11:00 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Just saw that Bengals will host a joint practice with the Colts prior to their final preseason game. I have very mixed feelings. On the one hand, I like seeing the starters getting some time against another team, but practice is not game speed and also can be less controllable.

I would rather see the starters get a few series in at least one preseason game. This would seem to make that less likely again this season leading to possibly another slow start. Not a fan of joint practices.

Joint practices are known to be better than preseason games for the starters.  These practices are absolute 1s vs 1s with multiple reps and cover all situations.  I can foresee a home and away joint practice each year with only 1 or 2 preseason games in the future. 

RE: Joint practice - jason - 05-22-2024

Zack Moss revenge practice...

RE: Joint practice - sandwedge - 05-22-2024

I like them because the QB is off limits. We don't need Burrow or Chase getting injured in a meaningless game.

RE: Joint practice - SunsetBengal - 05-23-2024

Great opportunity for the DL to get reps versus a strong Indy OL.

RE: Joint practice - Synric - 05-23-2024

Great opportunity for the Bengals to practice against an offense that will be built similarly to the other AFC North teams.

RE: Joint practice - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-23-2024

All for it. The only joint practices I am against are Division rivals or the Chiefs who hate each other.

RE: Joint practice - Sled21 - 05-23-2024

(05-23-2024, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All for it. The only joint practices I am against are Division rivals or the Chiefs who hate each other.

Or any team with Suh on it. Ninja

RE: Joint practice - TheLeonardLeap - 05-23-2024

(05-23-2024, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or any team with Suh on it. Ninja

Aaron Donald

...Though maybe now that our players know you apparently can't be suspended for anything you do to another team's players in a joint practice, we might actually want a Round 2.

RE: Joint practice - Sled21 - 05-23-2024

(05-23-2024, 02:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Aaron Donald

Him neither... Tiger

RE: Joint practice - 3wt - 05-24-2024

(05-23-2024, 08:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great opportunity for the DL to get reps versus a strong Indy OL.

Amen!