Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Shawn Williams to Start - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Shawn Williams to Start (/Thread-Shawn-Williams-to-Start)

Pages: 1 2 3

Shawn Williams to Start - CageTheBengal - 12-18-2015

He's going to be our starter Sunday with Iloka ruled out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/18/bengals-will-play-without-eifert-iloka-sunday/

What do you guys think of the way Sean Williams has played with more snaps?

RE: Sean Williams to Start - Earendil - 12-18-2015

As long as he hits the opponents instead of his own teammates, I don't mind.

RE: Sean Williams to Start - StLucieBengal - 12-18-2015

He has gotten better this year. I feel a lot better about him than I have In previous years.

RE: Sean Williams to Start - Au165 - 12-18-2015

I think he is the heir to Reggie Nelson. As good of a year Nelson is having, Williams I think is the long term answer along side Illoka.

RE: Sean Williams to Start - XenoMorph - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 04:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think he is the heir to Reggie Nelson. As good of a year Nelson is having, Williams I think is the long term answer along side Illoka.

I figured he was more to play with nelson when we drafted him... then ILOKA emerged.

RE: Sean Williams to Start - SunsetBengal - 12-18-2015

He seems trustworthy in the role. As compared to looking lost, in previous seasons.

(12-18-2015, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I figured he was more to play with nelson when we drafted him... then ILOKA emerged.

I think most thought that. It just is another example of our drafting really paying off.

RE: Sean Williams to Start - GreenCornBengal - 12-18-2015

The only good news about this is that Iloka's asking price wont be as high this offseason...

(12-18-2015, 05:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The only good news about this is that Iloka's asking price wont be as high this offseason...

I think it is still going to be pretty high. When he plays he is still one of the best cover Safeties in the game.

(12-18-2015, 05:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think it is still going to be pretty high. When he plays he is still one of the best cover Safeties in the game.

Me too, and he surely is, but it should be lower than if he had a season like he did last year. Hopefully the league hasn't taken notice to how good Iloka really is.

(12-18-2015, 05:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Me too, and he surely is, but it should be lower than if he had a season like he did last year. Hopefully the league hasn't taken notice to how good Iloka really is.

Honestly, I'd break tradition and try to work a deal with him now while he is hurt. Maybe get him while he is vulnerable haha.

(12-18-2015, 05:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, I'd break tradition and try to work a deal with him now while he is hurt. Maybe get him while he is vulnerable haha.

Haha not a bad idea, I'm a big Iloka homer as I'm a BSU fan, any way we can get him is fine with me. I think we have missed him a lot this year. Heath Miller wouldn't have run wild if we had Iloka to lay the wood a few times last week... at least.. that's how I see it.

(I don't think they would ever put Iloka on heath Miller for the record lol)

RE: Sean Williams to Start - corpjet - 12-18-2015

I loved his INT against Big Jen when we played the Squealers in their house!

RE: Sean Williams to Start - XenoMorph - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 05:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Haha not a bad idea, I'm a big Iloka homer as I'm a BSU fan, any way we can get him is fine with me. I think we have missed him a lot this year. Heath Miller wouldn't have run wild if we had Iloka to lay the wood a few times last week... at least.. that's how I see it.

(I don't think they would ever put Iloka on heath Miller for the record lol)

i think miller had the day he had because we didnt fear him after the catch.

RE: Sean Williams to Start - CincyProduct - 12-18-2015

He has been doing very well imo. He's been playing a lot the last 4 weeks.

RE: Sean Williams to Start - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 05:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The only good news about this is that Iloka's asking price wont be as high this offseason...

Eh, Shawn has done well filling in for him though. But yeah, i hope teams forget about George for the team's sake.

(12-18-2015, 05:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think it is still going to be pretty high. When he plays he is still one of the best cover Safeties in the game.

Probably correct, cause he is.
(12-18-2015, 05:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Me too, and he surely is, but it should be lower than if he had a season like he did last year. Hopefully the league hasn't taken notice to how good Iloka really is.

Very true.

(12-18-2015, 05:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, I'd break tradition and try to work a deal with him now while he is hurt. Maybe get him while he is vulnerable haha.

I like your thinking. Smirk

RE: Shawn* Williams to Start - eoxyod - 12-18-2015

He's on team #notverygood but he can accomplish being there instead of being a hindrance. Against Gabbert that's all we need

RE: Shawn Williams to Start - bonesaw - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 04:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He has gotten better this year.   I feel a lot better about him than I have In previous 
ditto

RE: Shawn Williams to Start - Thundercloud - 12-18-2015

I think he has improved. He's never gotten the snaps he needs to really make a lot of progress. He's no Iloka, but I think he'll do alright.

RE: Shawn Williams to Start - BritishBengal - 12-18-2015

Other than the Steeler pick, I haven't seen him do anything of note, but then again I haven't really seen him be totally exposed. So that's probably a good sign.