Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Brock or Manning? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Brock or Manning? (/Thread-Brock-or-Manning)

Pages: 1 2

Brock or Manning? - jj22 - 12-21-2015

Kubiak just stated at his presser that he is starting from scratch with his qb situation. Some news outlets took that as to mean Brock was benched and Manning would play.

Who would you rather face?

RE: Brock or Manning? - bengals73 - 12-21-2015

(12-21-2015, 05:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Kubiak just stated at his presser that he is starting from scratch with his qb situation. Some news outlets took that as to mean Brock was benched and Manning would play.

Manning.. If we get constant pressure he'll get razzled more than Brock and I think he'd end up turning the ball over more and getting us better field position.  Not to mention we've beat him before and have more film on him 

RE: Brock or Manning? - BoomerFan - 12-21-2015

Manning isn't 100%, isn't great in the cold, we've beaten him before. I'm not saying it is impossible that he comes out and lights it up but...yeah, Manning.

RE: Brock or Manning? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-21-2015

(12-21-2015, 05:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Kubiak just stated at his presser that he is starting from scratch with his qb situation. Some news outlets took that as to mean Brock was benched and Manning would play.

Definately Peyton, he is done, i said it before and i will say it again. He throws dead ducks now.

He might of been the greatest QB of all time but that is over and we beat him last year when he was much better.

For whatever reason we always struggle Defensively against young new QB's. Ossweiler might give us trouble.

Ossweiler is also very tall and that negates our tall DE's a bit.

RE: Brock or Manning? - TSwigZ - 12-21-2015

msin issue is gonna be how well AJ plays I trust our defense to shutdown Brock or Peyton

RE: Brock or Manning? - SunsetBengal - 12-21-2015

Denver will be desperate for a win. I predict that if Peyton can go, he will start. If he should fail to deliver, Brock will get the nod in relief. I tend to agree with everyone else, I like our chances better against Peyton. If Denver's receivers hadn't dropped the ball, and short armed reception attempts, Denver likely would have beaten Pittsburgh. Watching replays, looked like on a couple occasions, the receivers had fear in their eyes, as they saw what was coming if they caught the ball. (my opinion, anyway)

RE: Brock or Manning? - Whacked - 12-21-2015

(12-21-2015, 08:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Denver will be desperate for a win.  I predict that if Peyton can go, he will start.  If he should fail to deliver, Brock will get the nod in relief.  I tend to agree with everyone else, I like our chances better against Peyton.  If Denver's receivers hadn't dropped the ball, and short armed reception attempts, Denver likely would have beaten Pittsburgh.  Watching replays, looked like on a couple occasions, the receivers had fear in their eyes, as they saw what was coming if they caught the ball.  (my opinion, anyway)

Not sure a victory would be a guarantee had they caught all the dropped passes but I thought the same when I watched the game.  

RE: Brock or Manning? - Essex Johnson - 12-21-2015

I prefer to face Brock.. did not seem very ready for the big stage especially in 2nd halfs.. Manning has been there too many times and will have a drive to win big time..

RE: Brock or Manning? - SunsetBengal - 12-21-2015

(12-21-2015, 08:42 PM)Whacked Wrote: Not sure a victory would be a guarantee had they caught all the dropped passes but I thought the same when I watched the game.  

I didn't say guarantee, but making those completions would definitely extended drives, maintained momentum, and kept the team's spirits higher.  Likely allowing their defense a chance to regain their composure, and hold off Pittsburgh's offense.

RE: Brock or Manning? - Fresno B - 12-21-2015

I'll take Manning. Hasn't played in a bit and I know his old ass is a little rusty. It would be pick 6 heaven out there.

RE: Brock or Manning? - EatonFan - 12-21-2015

Doesn't matter. Our biggest threat is Denver's D.

RE: Brock or Manning? - CageTheBengal - 12-21-2015

I'd rather face Manning without a doubt.

RE: Brock or Manning? - TheLeonardLeap - 12-21-2015

Not even a real question.

9 TD/17 INT vs 8 TD/4 INT
67.6 QB Rating vs 84.9 QB Rating

Heck, if Manning starts, maybe Kirkpatrick could finally get an INT this year since he's yet to have a start without an INT this year. (On a side note, anyone willing to admit they might have jumped the gun hyping up Kirkpatrick after that Denver game last year when Manning's arm was already dying? Lol)

RE: Brock or Manning? - Shake n Blake - 12-22-2015

It depends on Peyton's foot. Obviously Peyton's arm is shot, but I don't think his stats this year are indicative of the QB Peyton is capable of being if his foot were 100%. He simply can't drive the ball with a bum foot.

RE: Brock or Manning? - samhain - 12-22-2015

I think they're both hurting to be honest. It wasn't his throwing shoulder, but Osweiler had something wrong with his left one late in the second yesterday. He really wasn't the same after that. Neither Denver quarterback should strike fear into the defense at the moment, and their line is absolutely shot. I think I read somewhere that they're on their 4th LT of the season right now. Ouch. And it's Ryan Harris to boot. The ends should feast on those guys.

RE: Brock or Manning? - CageTheBengal - 12-22-2015

(12-21-2015, 11:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not even a real question.

9 TD/17 INT vs 8 TD/4 INT
67.6 QB Rating vs 84.9 QB Rating

Heck, if Manning starts, maybe Kirkpatrick could finally get an INT this year since he's yet to have a start without an INT this year. (On a side note, anyone willing to admit they might have jumped the gun hyping up Kirkpatrick after that Denver game last year when Manning's arm was already dying? Lol)

No I was a fan of Kirkpatrick before that game.  Mellow

RE: Brock or Manning? - t3r3e3 - 12-22-2015

(12-21-2015, 05:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: EKubiak just stated at his presser that he is starting from scratch with his qb situation. Some news outlets took that as to mean Brock was benched and Manning would play.

The one that throws a couple of pick sixes in the first half.

RE: Brock or Manning? - t3r3e3 - 12-22-2015

(12-21-2015, 08:31 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: msin issue is gonna be how well AJ plays I trust our defense to shutdown Brock or Peyton

Talib might give AJ fits.  They key to the passing offense will be Marvin Jones and Eifert.  Chris Lewis Harris looked flat terrible against Pittsburgh, and none of Denver's safeties can cover Eifert.

RE: Brock or Manning? - West Union KennyG - 12-22-2015

I'm not sure if either one of these guys could pass a physical to play right now.
Manning might need surgery on his foot still.
Osweiller has a shoulder problem.

I'm not sure if either one of them can play next week... We'll see, I suppose.

RE: Brock or Manning? - sonofstat - 12-22-2015

I'd rather face Manning.

This game is going to be so tight and turnovers / short field will be critical and I think he's throw a couple of INTs and maybe throw a fumble in from a Dunlap sack