Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Does Santa come to anyone else's house - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Does Santa come to anyone else's house (/thread-4018.html)

Does Santa come to anyone else's house - bfine32 - 12-24-2015

.....on Christmas Eve?

When I was a kid we always had to get up at the crack of dawn on Christmas Day and drive the the Grandparents. It was about a 3 hour trip to my dad's parents (where we did Christmas Day lunch with all his family) and another 30 minutes to my mom's parents (where we did Christmas Dinner with all her family) and then the 3.5 hour trip back home.

So Santa traditionally came on Christmas Eve when we went out to look at Christmas Lights. Mom always "forgot" something and had to go back into the house after the rest of us were in the car. When we returned, dad would always notice something different about the house "I turned that back porch light on..."

As I grew into adulthood, it was just a tradition I continued. So does Santa visit your house Christmas Eve or Morning? Also feel free to share any traditions and Merry Christmas to all!!

RE: Does Santa come to anyone else's house - Nebuchadnezzar - 12-25-2015

Christmas Morning here.

That way, we get to play with the toys while we set them out before the kids destroy them.

Matter of fact as I'm typing this, my wife and daughter are playing with my grand daughters Barbie Townhouse or Dreamhouse or whatever it's called, lol.

RE: Does Santa come to anyone else's house - HarleyDog - 12-25-2015

Christmas eve. Makes drinking acceptable. I can't handle all the drama in the mornings without booze.

RE: Does Santa come to anyone else's house - XenoMorph - 12-28-2015

(12-24-2015, 03:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: .....on Christmas Eve?

When I was a kid we always had to get up at the crack of dawn on Christmas Day and drive the the Grandparents. It was about a 3 hour trip to my dad's parents (where we did Christmas Day lunch with all his family) and another 30 minutes to my mom's parents (where we did Christmas Dinner with all her family) and then the 3.5 hour trip back home.

So Santa traditionally came on Christmas Eve when we went out to look at Christmas Lights. Mom always "forgot" something and had to go back into the house after the rest of us were in the car. When we returned, dad would always notice something different about the house "I turned that back porch light on..."

As I grew into adulthood, it was just a tradition I continued. So does Santa visit your house Christmas Eve or Morning? Also feel free to share any traditions and Merry Christmas to all!!

my close family (household..) Dad Me and my Sister always do exchanges on christmas eve... Started sometime in my teen years when dad was tired of waking up so early. plus it lets us enjoy our gifts early.

I think it started with getting 1 gift xmas Eve. now we usually just do our gift exchange since we are all adults then eat mexican food... Tacos have always been a christmas eve tradition

RE: Does Santa come to anyone else's house - Johnny Cupcakes - 12-30-2015

Santa Claus shows up at like 3:00 am on Christmas Day. I actually don't think I've ever met anyone that didn't do it overnight between the 24th and 25th.

RE: Does Santa come to anyone else's house - StLucieBengal - 12-31-2015

Santa comes 2 times here. Christmas morning and New Years morning .

We combine the family traditions. We tell them they get a second Santa visit for being extra good. I imagine eventually we will get asked why we do that by other parents.

RE: Does Santa come to anyone else's house - XenoMorph - 01-06-2016

(12-31-2015, 10:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Santa comes 2 times here. Christmas morning and New Years morning .

We combine the family traditions. We tell them they get a second Santa visit for being extra good. I imagine eventually we will get asked why we do that by other parents.

My aunt and Uncle did what they called Little christmas a while after christmas.

The gift was normally a book.

RE: Does Santa come to anyone else's house - Beaker - 01-06-2016

Santa doesn't come to my house. But Mrs. Santa's sister does.

RE: Does Santa come to anyone else's house - bfine32 - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 06:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: My aunt and Uncle did what they called Little christmas  a while after christmas.

The gift was normally a book.

The should have named that Shitty Christmas