Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Al Jazeera in the sports world - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Al Jazeera in the sports world (/Thread-Al-Jazeera-in-the-sports-world)

Pages: 1 2

Al Jazeera in the sports world - SunsetBengal - 12-27-2015

Several big named NFL players mentioned, including Peyton Manning. Manning vehemently denies claims, as he would. What do you make of this? By the way, gotta love bleacher report...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2602626-peyton-manning-among-athletes-allegedly-connected-to-doping-ring-per-report?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - Arturo Bandini - 12-27-2015

Can't say I'm surprised to see James Harrison there.

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - 6andcounting - 12-27-2015

Do they have pricing and dosage info on their website?

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - GMDino - 12-27-2015

I read this last night and waited for Harrison to be mentioned here. Smirk

All of the players have denied it (of course) but I found this part interesting:

Quote:The report, “The Dark Side,” is the result of a months long investigation in which Liam Collins, a British hurdler, went undercover in an attempt to expose the widespread nature of performance-enhancing drugs in global sports. As a cover story, Collins tells medical professionals tied to the trade of performance-enhancing drugs that he is hoping for one last shot at glory at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Manning is just one of many high-profile players the report names and raises questions about.

Robertson, the pharmacist, and Spletzer, the neuropathic physician, did not respond to Al Jazeera’s request for comment. Sly, when pressed by Al Jazeera, backtracked, saying that his claims about supplying the drugs to athletes were “false and incorrect.”

In a subsequent statement to Al Jazeera, he walked back the comments even further, saying that Collins took advantage of him while Sly was grieving the death of his fiancée.

Could be huge....could me nothing.

I'm sure Harrison will be fined and be forced to serve Brady's suspension for him. Ninja

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - HarleyDog - 12-27-2015

Al Jazeera is anti-American and writes propaganda.

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - BmorePat87 - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 01:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Al Jazeera is anti-American and writes propaganda.

It's all propaganda for someone. 

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - Yojimbo - 12-27-2015

I've never had a problem with PRO athletes taking ped's. The point of their job is to entertain and make money. They should be able to use whatever tool is available to them without breaking the law. So, if it's something a doctor can prescribe and the athlete can be monitored by that doctor for health issues, the pro leagues should change the rules.

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - jfkbengals - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 10:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I've never had a problem with PRO athletes taking ped's. The point of their job is to entertain and make money. They should be able to use whatever tool is available to them without breaking the law. So, if it's something a doctor can prescribe and the athlete can be monitored by that doctor for health issues, the pro leagues should change the rules.

HGH is against the law...

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - 6andcounting - 12-28-2015

"Al Jazeera identified Sly as a pharmacist employed at the Guyer Institute in Indianapolis. But Sly told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that he isn't a pharmacist and wasn't at the Guyer Institute in 2011, as Al Jazeera claimed. State licensing records indicate that a Charles David Sly was licensed as a pharmacy intern in Indiana from April 2010 to May 2013. His license expired May 1, 2013.

Sly also said he recanted his story to Al Jazeera when he realized that it had used information he had "made up" to British hurdler Liam Collins, the undercover reporter who Sly said was trying to get into the supplementation business."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14442651/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-furious-disgusted-al-jazeera-report-again-denies-using-hgh

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - StLucieBengal - 12-28-2015

Al Jazeera can not be trusted on anything . The Qatar government is the worst of the worst.

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - BmorePat87 - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 01:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Al Jazeera can not be trusted on anything .   The Qatar government is the worst of the worst.

Neither can RT. The Russian government is the worst of the worst. 

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - Vas Deferens - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 01:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Neither can RT. The Russian government is the worst of the worst. 

Lucy.  Stack rank RT, ALJ, NPR in your opinion for us.  Throw in some others if you so choose.  

(12-28-2015, 01:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Neither can RT. The Russian government is the worst of the worst. 

Agreed. Government ran media is always a bad thing.

(12-28-2015, 02:01 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Lucy.  Stack rank RT, ALJ, NPR in your opinion for us.  Throw in some others if you so choose.  

I would toss in bbc as well. To me they are all equally worthless. Carrying water for their governments.

There is absolutely no need for state ran media. And we certainly shouldn't have other government pumping their propaganda through our airwaves. The fact that I can watch any of these on Comcast or directv but can't watch an American privately ran media (blaze) is a complete joke.

Media outlets should be small and independent and always adversarial to the government.

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - Devils Advocate - 12-28-2015

Peyton's reaction seems artificial. I wouldn't be surprised to find out this report is true.

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - JustWinBaby - 12-29-2015

(12-28-2015, 05:06 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Peyton's reaction seems artificial. I wouldn't be surprised to find out this report is true.

Me either.  His career was almost literally on life support.  Needed all the help he could get to recover from those surgeries.

And I'm sure many pro athletes use or used HgH - NFL only recently started testing for it, and of course with enough money you can generally beat the drug tests.

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - JustWinBaby - 12-29-2015

(12-27-2015, 10:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: HGH is against the law...

That, and legal PED's are not a level playing field when different teams or players have significantly more financial resources at their disposal.  That's the big problem with PED's in the Olympics, but you can still see it in many other sports.

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - StLucieBengal - 12-29-2015

Wasn't his wife using the HGH to get pregnant?   They had twins so that would make sense if she was taking HGH.

Pete Prisco, Pat Kirwin, and Brady Quinn do a nice job discussing this on the podcast.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cbs-sports-roughing-passer/id349140950?mt=2&i=359723888

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - BmorePat87 - 12-29-2015

(12-28-2015, 02:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.  Government ran media is always a bad thing.

Stop posting RT then.

RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - bfine32 - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 06:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Wasn't his wife using the HGH to get pregnant?   

She was actually using bfine to get pregnant.